MITSUBISHI RAYON KURO KAGE™ Black Iron shaft Series

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone had any experience or thoughts on these iron shafts? I'm strongly considering them for my next set of irons, but can't find a whole lot of information on them currently. A local rep has said he might be in my area next month for me to give them a swing, but in the meantime I was hoping someone might have some info, opinion or insight!!!

From everything I hear they're pretty solid shafts. Never hit them though

Mitsubishi iron shafts don't seem to get too much buzz. I saw on their website the other day that they have Fubuki iron shafts. Ninja Stars on your irons! Never heard about them but apparently they have been out for years. Maybe they are big over in Asia?

I'm curious too, I have been eyeballing some graphite iron shafts for a while now since I'm having some wrist and elbow issues.

I am pondering the heck out of these right now. I would love to follow Chunksters lead and go all graphite this year.

I am pondering the heck out of these right now. I would love to follow Chunksters lead and go all graphite this year.

I'm leaning the same way. Just got home from a 500 mile drive work day and trying to catch up.

I have not hit these too much, but I can tell you I am not sure I will be going back to steel anytime soon.

There is just so little info available, but it may be fun to be one of the few that gets some reviews out there. I guess I can always re-shaft if these don't work out. My only concern is what the ballflight will look like as I am already planning on going with the AMP Cell's, which will help get the ball in the air.

I have not hit these too much, but I can tell you I am not sure I will be going back to steel anytime soon.

It is amazing how far the graphite shafts have come. I have a minor shoulder injury I suffered playing hockey this winter and I think these shafts may help me in this area as well.

How do you feel about light weight steel shafts? Do you think there is a huge difference between graphite and light steel? If so, where?

It is amazing how far the graphite shafts have come. I have a minor shoulder injury I suffered playing hockey this winter and I think these shafts may help me in this area as well.

That is the biggest thing I am noticing. I am in rough shape body wise, and graphite has helped tremendously.

How do you feel about light weight steel shafts? Do you think there is a huge difference between graphite and light steel? If so, where?

Yes. Vibration.

There is just so little info available, but it may be fun to be one of the few that gets some reviews out there. I guess I can always re-shaft if these don't work out. My only concern is what the ballflight will look like as I am already planning on going with the AMP Cell's, which will help get the ball in the air.

The little info scares me slightly. I wish there was more than 2 graphite options. But I'll get it sorted out soon

Yes. Vibration.

Graphite absorbs it better? Interesting. Does the help with mishits? Probably good for serious golfers who use bladey irons.

The little info scares me slightly. I wish there was more than 2 graphite options. But I'll get it sorted out soon

I was strongly considering graphite for my MC irons too, but the three times I hit the stock graphite option in the stores were not pleasant. Since they were the only option, I went with something I was already comfortable with hitting.

Whatever you decide Dean, I plan on hitting them :)

These are my number one choice, I really hope they are available!

I bet these are some sweet-looking shafts. They just sound bad ass.

I wonder which flex would be similar to the PX 5.5???

I wonder which flex would be similar to the PX 5.5???

Seems to be the major hiccup here eh buddy? I just don't get why they are benchmarking their iron flex based on someone's driver swing speed..

80mph/210yds A ---- 81-90mph/210-239yds R ---- 91-105mph/240-259yds S

​That just doesn't hold water to me.

Seems to be the major hiccup here eh buddy? I just don't get why they are benchmarking their iron flex based on someone's driver swing speed..

80mph/210yds A ---- 81-90mph/210-239yds R ---- 91-105mph/240-259yds S

​That just doesn't hold water to me.

Sadly its because most people seem to have that info, or close to it but few have their other numbers including 6 iron speed. So a company is trying to calculate accordingly. Not the best way obviously.

Sadly its because most people seem to have that info, or close to it but few have their other numbers including 6 iron speed. So a company is trying to calculate accordingly. Not the best way obviously.

I respect and understand why they would include it, but don't understand why they would bolster that info with 6 iron numbers as well. It wasn't meant to be a shot at the company at all, just an observation. Its incredibly tough these days to measure one shaft to another without a common reference.. Even an fcm type number would be great.

I respect and understand why they would include it, but don't understand why they would bolster that info with 6 iron numbers as well. It wasn't meant to be a shot at the company at all, just an observation. Its incredibly tough these days to measure one shaft to another without a common reference.. Even an fcm type number would be great.

I dont disagree with you at all. In fact I agree completely, just giving you the reason I was told it was there. Sadly, people are still adverse to getting fit with actual numbers. I see it trending upwards, which is good to know.

I wish their site had live chat with a rep.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Back