So....the gap wedge has been fun.

I’m trying to evolve myself again in that a GW makes more sense with how I play that shot/distance. Right now I’m really enjoying it, it just makes more sense to stop carrying a bladed wedge in that spot.
That’s me, beyond a bit of up/down flighting and straight forward chips and pitches, I dont ask my GW to do much else, sold on the benefits of moving away from the blade wedge. Only two question I have now:
1) is forged tec or king tour there for my MC bag, and if I go full set of forged tec, likely, so I slip in the king tour ( I’ll bounce those thoughts into their appropriate thread)
2) how sweet with the 1025 E gap wedge feel in a few hours on it’s maiden run 😍

Wait another 10-14 days.:oops:

It's just part of the deal these days.

Yep. I ordered 2/14 and still crickets here. I wouldn't care except I traded in my old ones, so currently ironless. Makes playing golf a little difficult.

Yep. I ordered 2/14 and still crickets here. I wouldn't care except I traded in my old ones, so currently ironless. Makes playing golf a little difficult.

Not what I wanted to hear!! I too am ironless as I traded mine in as well... I called a couple weeks ago and they said they are targeting April 6th... I don't know if I can take any longer than the 6th since weather has been looking pretty good here in Northern Michigan.

I had a blast with my first round yesterday with the 921 forged (ordered 2/8 I believe and just arrived this week), took a little time to adjust but they felt good, still feeling the feels from a 5 iron to an island green from 185

So....the gap wedge has been fun.

I’m trying to evolve myself again in that a GW makes more sense with how I play that shot/distance. Right now I’m really enjoying it, it just makes more sense to stop carrying a bladed wedge in that spot.
Interesting. I'm going to give the gap wedge a try instead of my bladed wedge this round since I usually use it for full shots as well.

You all are killing me! I just placed an order for a Forged GW. After waiting 6 weeks I received my set and now the waiting begins, again.

You all are killing me! I just placed an order for a Forged GW. After waiting 6 weeks I received my set and now the waiting begins, again.
If it helps, I completely chunked my first full swing with it on a short par 3...

Well, that doesn't help at all, I already ordered it. Haha

I am looking forward to a more forgiving GW for the full shots.

OK, I received my 921 Forged today. Ordered Feb 11th, received Mar 27th.
5-GW, 5h, 4h, ES21 54 and 58 wedges.

Of course, I’m in CA right now and my new clubs are in FL.
:cry:

Gap wedge performed beautifully today. Gonna keep it in.

I ordered my HMP's 3/11 which means my wait is probably not even half over. Ugggggh. I think I have watched every review video on youtube there is, time to get them in the bag!

Wish I could start contributing more here but still waiting on mine. Now at over 6 weeks since order date. Going to call the store later today and see what the deal is.

Wish I could start contributing more here but still waiting on mine. Now at over 6 weeks since order date. Going to call the store later today and see what the deal is.
That's not good. My order was Feb 25th and I was hoping I was close but I might not be after seeing your wait...

That's not good. My order was Feb 25th and I was hoping I was close but I might not be after seeing your wait...

I just called the store. They are calling Mizuno directly today to find out what the hold up is. Interestingly he said a lot of the delays are due to grips right now.

I just called the store. They are calling Mizuno directly today to find out what the hold up is. Interestingly he said a lot of the delays are due to grips right now.

You mean our article is factual? :ROFLMAO:

You mean our article is factual? :ROFLMAO:

I'm just doing my due diligence to make sure you're running a tight ship around here.

Have had a set of 921 HMP since they came out in 6-GW with Recoil 95 F4’s and still love them. Wasn’t sure how I would get along with graphite as I had always used steel shafts before but I really like them and cannot see myself going back.

I got to hit a bunch of Mizuno stuff today because it kept deciding to storm suddenly. It had been a little while since I'd hit this year's stuff. I was really getting along with the 921 Tour long and short irons. The blade length wasn't really bugging me, and they're pretty crisp. It was surprisingly pleasant. Something about it has stuck with me tonight in a good way.
I hit the 921 Tour when trying irons out and man they felt good. Had I not went with the Apex Pros, these would have been purchased!

Have had a set of 921 HMP since they came out in 6-GW with Recoil 95 F4’s and still love them. Wasn’t sure how I would get along with graphite as I had always used steel shafts before but I really like them and cannot see myself going back.

I have the Recoil 95's coming in mine as well. Great shaft. Glad to hear you're enjoying them.

I hit the 921 Tour when trying irons out and man they felt good. Had I not went with the Apex Pros, these would have been purchased!
I don't normally get along with Mizuno's, prefer a more compact head, but I think playing ZX7 a bunch has helped the visual of a little bigger look in that profile. They look and feel pretty sharp. I took them out dancing a couple times early on with good results.

I think there's a little departure between the Apex Pros and them on forgiveness. The pros seem a decent but more friendly to me. And lower spinning.

Today was THE day. I've been waiting for today since October.
Today I was going to get back to the golf store, hit the shafts/heads I didn't hit in my fitting, and I was going to buy.
Called a week ago to confirm the fitting cart had the shafts I wanted to hit. Stupidly enough, I wanted to hit the stock steel for the Hot Metal (Nippon Neo) and Hot Metal Pros (Project X), and the stock graphite for the Hot Metals (Recoils).
Golf Town only has 1 simulator going right now, and you get a 10 minute slot, but thats it.

Drove 2.5 hours, showed up 10 minutes before my slot..... and they didn't have the HM Stock Steel at all.
Got setup with the Hot Metals with Recoils in regular, and the Hot Metal Pros with Project X in regular.
Did not agree with the Hot Metal Pros at all. Just could finagle a solid strike out of them.... honestly I was ok with that.
I thought I hit the Hot Metals with Recoils decently, just not as well as I had hit the steel in my fitting in October.
Switched to the Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 105 in Stiff..... because they once again didn't have regular on the fitting cart. Even with Stiff, I was hitting absolute bombs as soon as I switched over. Could I play the stiff? Potentially. In a sim session was it ok? Sure. Over the course of a season, I prefer to be back at Regular and be able to have off swings not be so penalizing.

Trying to compare fitting data from months ago, to simulator stats today might be comparing apples to oranges.... but I did it anyways.

I hit ball speeds a solid 2-3 mph consistently faster than I had in the fall with all the options, which was surprising. Potentially a difference between GC2 and the GC Hawk used today.

I had been fit into two shafts at my fitting at GolfTec in October. The first was the Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 105R, the second was the Nippon NS Pro 950 NEO. Results were pretty much interchangeable, and since October I have thought I would be getting the Modus Tour 105R..... until I realized I could get the NS Pro 950 NEO with minimal wait time.

Golf Town had zero options available to purchase in store other than the Hot Metal Pros. That wasn't going to work. Hot Metals with one of my two fitted shafts (NEO) were available online through Golf Town. I walked out of the simulator, stood 20 feet away, and ordered my Hot Metals on my phone.
Received a ship notice 20 minutes ago, estimated arrival of April 7th.

Overall, am I disappointed to be ordering the irons in the specs that I had been sitting on since October? No.
Did I really want the piece of mind of hitting a couple other shafts and heads to confirm the fitting data? Yes.
Am I pretty stoked to have new irons on the way, that I can potentially hit while on vacation before heading back to work next Thursday? Definitely.
Next purchase? Mizuno branded iron covers :p?

The only real question I had: How the heck does the fitting cart not have the stock regular shaft option, or either of the Regular Flex Nippon offerings?

My hold up was almost grips. Mizuno sent without, not sure if my store coordinated that but I suspect they did, and I simply switched grips. I play a MCC so all I had to do was switch color. Wanted blue but ended up with black. Can’t wait to get them out again tomorrow.

There's no way I'd trade my irons in without getting the new ones first, you're a brave man.

I was 100% prepared to trade in all my old stuff, if I could walk out that day with new irons. Trade in here only works if buying stuff on hand.... which sucks.

Nothing in stock, so all my gear came home. Now just waiting for my Hot Metals!

I was 100% prepared to trade in all my old stuff, if I could walk out that day with new irons. Trade in here only works if buying stuff on hand.... which sucks.

Nothing in stock, so all my gear came home. Now just waiting for my Hot Metals!

It took about 4 or 5 weeks back in October when I ordered mine.

Back