I pulled the trigger on the 921 Hot Metal 5-G yesterday 🤘I got fitted at my local pro shop and was matched up with Nippon Tour 120 in S flex - can't wait until I get them next week.

I've only being playing golf for 4 months or so and took lessons for the first time in March so I think these will be a good fit for me and improve my consistency. Compared to the 2004 Big Berthas with uniflex steel shafts I currently have, it was crazy how much less left-right dispersion there was with the fitted clubs. And I wasn't even swinging that well - I was super nervous going for my first fitting and hitting on a launch monitor.

Speaking of launch monitors, it is so amazing to see exactly what's happening with swing path and club face data!! Super valuable info to take to my next lesson.

Hit a few of @Lions81 921 Forged on course today. Man they feel and sound so good when struck well even in 40* temps.
They’re so good. But, you were there in the THP Club Lab when I couldn’t shut up about them :ROFLMAO:

I pulled the trigger on the 921 Hot Metal 5-G yesterday 🤘I got fitted at my local pro shop and was matched up with Nippon Tour 120 in S flex - can't wait until I get them next week.

I've only being playing golf for 4 months or so and took lessons for the first time in March so I think these will be a good fit for me and improve my consistency. Compared to the 2004 Big Berthas with uniflex steel shafts I currently have, it was crazy how much less left-right dispersion there was with the fitted clubs. And I wasn't even swinging that well - I was super nervous going for my first fitting and hitting on a launch monitor.

Speaking of launch monitors, it is so amazing to see exactly what's happening with swing path and club face data!! Super valuable info to take to my next lesson.
Dude, that’s a fun setup! Enjoy!

I love these irons friend of mine got 4-gw regular steel green shafts ns I think in process of buying them one swing and I was hooked I believe the shafts are little shorter than other irons and lie angle lower I offered him more than I should but I want them

For those wondering on order times.., I just got notification today my 921 HMP's are in. I was fitted 3/11 but don't think the order was placed by the fitter for a few days after that. I ordered with Pro Modus 3 shafts and Golf Pride CP2 Wraps, standard loft and lie. I talked to the fitter and confirmed that CP2's are back ordered for some time. They changed and ordered with no grips and we are going to switch to something else. He said it would have been another month at least if we waited on the grips. 5 weeks and 5 days total time from fitting to delivery to my fitter.

Got in 18 with the HMs today. Really good sticks for me. I'm a short hitter 140 7i in the air. These launch great. It was a very windy day, so I wasn't trying to shape much, just ride it or fight it, but I did hit a couple shots each way intentionally, that worked.

I hit a 4i to 12' on a short par 5 and putted for eagle for only the 2nd time in about 45 years playing (missed both times!) Used the 4i again into a 3 club wind on a par 3 and hit the green. When would I last have hit a 4i? Years and years, and never with this amount of confidence. Hit some dandy wedge/9i approaches. Overall, a couple loose swings (I have the occasional hosel rocket problem) but can say my best iron play day in a long time.

2 rounds in by 4/21 up here, who woulda thought? Earliest in my lifetime.

Later edit, just a quick note on the shafts, the Nippon Neo lightweight steel. Like them. No stung hands today, though the course was pretty soft and I didn't really stick any into hard ground. Clubs feel **slightly** head heavy, which to me is a positive, I know where **I think** the head is, less likely to get out of control on the backswing.

Last edited:
i was looking at purchasing a 921 fli-hi 4 hybrid because I just don't seem to like my Big bertha 4 hybrid. I do love my jpx-ez 3 hybrid though. Either way I probably will move on from the rest of my jpx-ez irons. So do I buy the hybrid (i kinda just want to buy something) and if so which shaft? Or just wait and get fitted, which I might do tomorrow if I can get out of here and get the whole dang enchilada

I have been up for over 30 hours working so any recommendations for this foggy brain will be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited:
i was looking at purchasing a 921 fli-hi 4 hybrid because I just don't seem to like my Big bertha 4 hybrid. I do love my jpx-ez 3 hybrid though. Either way I probably will move on from the rest of my jpx-ez irons. So do I buy the hybrid (i kinda just want to buy something) and if so which shaft? Or just wait and get fitted, which I might do tomorrow if I can get out of here and get the whole dang enchilada

I have been up for over 30 hours working so any recommendations for this foggy brain will be helpful.

Thanks
Fitting!

Just picked up my Hot Metals yesterday. Oh my word, they're gorgeous :love:
Hit a few balls in the bay and they were straight as frick paired up with the Tour 120s - can't wait to get them out on the course!

Got to play a lot of golf last week with the 921 Forged. Feel like I have a good handle on them now. The feel is fantastic. For this type of iron I expected more of a springy/ hot face, and I don't get that at all. They feel very consistent and accurate. Adding to that, I have noticed they are not quite as long as other irons in this class. I played the Apex and Forged Tecs most of last year, and those were definitely longer by a bit, but their lofts were a bit stronger too. I really like the slightly longer blade length with the slim top line. Its a perfect look for my eye. The ball flight I would say is mid-high, but with nice spin. Have not had any so far where they jumped on me at all. I haven't 100% meshed with the PW and GW yet, but have been working on those on the range the last few days and am getting more comfortable with them. Overall I'm a big fan of them and look forward to really seeing what they can do as I get more comfortable with them.

I did almost have my 2nd hole in one with the 5 iron from 195. Left it hanging on the lip. That was a bummer but a fun shot.

195 from a 5i - wish I could.:ROFLMAO:

Are any of you all using the mizuno clk or flhi hybrid with your 921 irons thanks

Are any of you all using the mizuno clk or flhi hybrid with your 921 irons thanks
My wife has the 4, 5 and 6 in the Fli Hi hybrid/iron replacement. They have really made it easy for her to get plenty of distance with some elevation in this part of her bag. The shorter length than a regular hybrid makes them much more predictable for Kirsten. I‘ve tried the demo head with my shaft in it and they are just silly easy to hit. I’m pondering a 4 Fli Hi.

Thanks

I have the 5-GW 921 HM Pros with Nippos 950 Neo R flex. For the 3H, I have the PXG 0211 PX Riptide R Flex.

I got the 4H Fli-Hi, same shaft as the irons and I'm having a really hard time with them. Once in a while a decent shot but many times, a slight fade at the end. I have no issues with the 5 iron or the longer 3H. It's the least dependable club, I'm going to keep trying for another few weeks and might end up with a PXG or G425 4H instead.

I was watching a youtube video where they interviewed a Mizuno rep and the fitter said he was going to recommend to his clients that they soft step the 4H to get a bit more height and make it easier to launch. I think I should of done that.

I can't stress enough how much I am enjoying this Hot Metal Pro 4 iron as a driving iron experiment.
The results speak for themselves, I knew this club would be a beast when the summer came round. It's only the beginning of summer and it's completely blown my expectations out of the water.
It is routinely challenging my reasoning to play the driver or 3 wood.
The combination with the KBS C-Taper gives me the confidence to just get after it without fear of a wild shot, something that every real driving iron never managed to do sadly.
Today I hit one over 300 yards. Never did I ever think that would be possible if I am honest. Yes there was a perfect set of circumstances to allow it to happen but the club gives me the confidence to believe it could happen again.
In a word; smitten.
3da22e16cc57ac9cdd6d8c71f56d7049.jpg
3432c9793f1117f1d4ddedc605e13f46.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Got to play a lot of golf last week with the 921 Forged. Feel like I have a good handle on them now. The feel is fantastic. For this type of iron I expected more of a springy/ hot face, and I don't get that at all. They feel very consistent and accurate. Adding to that, I have noticed they are not quite as long as other irons in this class. I played the Apex and Forged Tecs most of last year, and those were definitely longer by a bit, but their lofts were a bit stronger too. I really like the slightly longer blade length with the slim top line. Its a perfect look for my eye. The ball flight I would say is mid-high, but with nice spin. Have not had any so far where they jumped on me at all. I haven't 100% meshed with the PW and GW yet, but have been working on those on the range the last few days and am getting more comfortable with them. Overall I'm a big fan of them and look forward to really seeing what they can do as I get more comfortable with them.

I did almost have my 2nd hole in one with the 5 iron from 195. Left it hanging on the lip. That was a bummer but a fun shot.

This has been my experience to almost a tee.

Another round with my hot metal irons still enjoying them distance and forgiveness are great I do want to try the forged sometime getting close to getting my bag with everything i enjoy in it

Hit several shots today with @Lions81 921 Forged. These irons are so freaking good. The feel is amazing paired with 95 recoils. Every time I hit one the result has been pretty fantastic. Including a 6 iron to about 5 ft for my second birdie of the day

Been lurking around and pulled the trigger on a set of HMP last week. Took them to the range yesterday to square off with my Cobra Forged Tec's and I have to admit, wasn't overly pleased with them out of the gate. To be fair, this is a junk range with junk balls and hitting off of mats, but first round went to my FT's. Hard to tell distance but they seemed to be about the same (slight edge to the FT). Unfortunately I had a solid push plus a fade with the HMP's unless I really made an effort to turn the club over. My FT's are bent flat and the HMP's are naturally more flat so don't think that's an issue (they should be within .5 degree of each other). KBS tours in my FT and the stock project x lz 5.5 in the HMP (have played these shafts in the past so stuck with stock).

Who knows, 9 holes scheduled today but not sure if I will put the HMP's in the bag or not or just sell since they mostly have not been hit (only swing the 5,7,9).

Hit several shots today with @Lions81 921 Forged. These irons are so freaking good. The feel is amazing paired with 95 recoils. Every time I hit one the result has been pretty fantastic. Including a 6 iron to about 5 ft for my second birdie of the day
So you are saying if I want to move mine when the Cobra gear hits I should let you know first?

Is there a forgiveness difference between HM and HMP? Impression I have is they are supposed to basically be the same except for offset and the shape, but curious if anyone has hit them both enough to notice a difference.

Is there a forgiveness difference between HM and HMP? Impression I have is they are supposed to basically be the same except for offset and the shape, but curious if anyone has hit them both enough to notice a difference.
My impression are that they launch a Touch higher, so may be beneficial in long irons?

Back