Mizuno M Craft Putters

i put the Type 1 against my Newport. It's definitely 0.5" longer than the Scotty. I personally am ok with it.
Makes things tougher for me to be honest. I play my Newport 2 at 33" and should ideally be playing it at 32.5". With what you said, I would expect the Mizuno to play more like a 34.5" which is not really ideal for me.

So the only real question is.. white satin or black?? :unsure:

Wrong Sir!! BLUE!! 😎
Nope. Have to draw the line somewhere. I'm already shopping new grips and cover. No blue in my bag!!

I've never held a white satin quite like that in that shape though. There are a couple clevelands similar that I've rolled, but they're not as bright. I think it looks clean, but I'm worried about it getting washed visually in sunlight. Losing contrast on the background.

Nope. Have to draw the line somewhere. I'm already shopping new grips and cover. No blue in my bag!!

I've never held a white satin quite like that in that shape though. There are a couple clevelands similar that I've rolled, but they're not as bright. I think it looks clean, but I'm worried about it getting washed visually in sunlight. Losing contrast on the background.

While the satin looked awesome at the shop, im not sure how it would look visually outside. IMHO black is the better bet

While the satin looked awesome at the shop, im not sure how it would look visually outside. IMHO black is the better bet

It's done. 35" M Craft 1 in white satin.

It's so ridiculous, because I play a black head putter right now, but I want the head and shaft to match my irons visually when I swap out the chrome shaft for a black KBS CT Tour. If I lose the alignment line in the sunlight, and actually care, I'll redo the paint fill in real dark grey to make it stand out.

I'm excited to get it now. I've been wanting something in that Toulon Chicago, ER2 size for a while, but hadn't found the right toe hang, feel, etc until I got my hands on this yesterday.

I really like the black. I have not seen them in person though.
Okay UPDATE. I was on the fence, and then ordered, and then fell off the fence. I realized reading responses that I haven't putted with a satin head in forever and it kind of freaked me out. So I called and it's coming in black now.

sidenote - I had already talked to him twice prior, and his 'talk to you soon' at the end of this last call felt a bit snarky. lol

Time to get another custom pistol OldandStiff grip.

It's so ridiculous, because I play a black head putter right now, but I want the head and shaft to match my irons visually when I swap out the chrome shaft for a black KBS CT Tour. If I lose the alignment line in the sunlight, and actually care, I'll redo the paint fill in real dark grey to make it stand out.

I'm excited to get it now. I've been wanting something in that Toulon Chicago, ER2 size for a while, but hadn't found the right toe hang, feel, etc until I got my hands on this yesterday.

Congrats! It is bittersweet for me, because I always thought you were going to purchase my Toulon Azalea from me. (Just Kidding)

Congrats! It is bittersweet for me, because I always thought you were going to purchase my Toulon Azalea from me. (Just Kidding)
Haha I spent a good hour making sure there wasn't an Azalea deal that I was missing before pulling the trigger.

Haha I spent a good hour making sure there wasn't an Azalea deal that I was missing before pulling the trigger.

Oh, there was an Azalea deal you were missing, LOL.

I tested the M Craft put while at CC today. Wow, did we have a good time. Had to walk away as I just purchased a Cleveland putter.

Got word of a #7 style head coming in 2021 which is awesome news for me!

Finally saw these in person and hit a few putts. The blue looks awesome and the putter feels great. Only thing I didn't like was the grip.

Finally saw these in person and hit a few putts. The blue looks awesome and the putter feels great. Only thing I didn't like was the grip.
Yeah. That cord sucks. I ordered my replacement within minutes of ordering the putter.

Yeah I don’t love the grip either.

Yeah I thought that blue was money. No idea why anyone would even entertain satin. ;)

Really looking forward to getting home this week and setting up my new M Craft 1. I don't know if my regular gamer heard me and it's pissed or what, but this20200906_233400.jpg

is a first, and needs to change with a quickness.

Think I'm going to cut down to 34.5 when I swap shafts, too. I've noticed I'm choking down a little. Might be because I know I've been putting like ass, but I've been wanting to try a little shorter anyway.

Finally got the M 1 all put together and am putting it in play this afternoon. Had the 13g weights in, but have chickened out for today based on where we're going, so now it's 1.6g lighter than my previous gamer, and the balance point is within a 64th of an inch. I feel like that has to be close enough to not have things go terribly to start. lol

25 total putts and 110 ft made with drops of 15, 20, and 28 right out of the gate on the toughest greens in the area. Couldn't have asked for more than that. Today's course was the reason I decided to buy the M Craft 1. My touch with it on delicate/really fast putts in demo was really impressive, and I thought it might translate well there.

Not that I expect the transition to be quite that smooth overall, but I really enjoyed it today. Took a bit to get used to the different sound and feel, and then I switched to a ball I'd never played, so that really threw my ears on it.

Good start though. Good putter. Felt really stable on takeaway and I felt like the really strong toe hang kept me smooth and from rolling it left.

Last edited:
Seriously loved everything about this putter. Reading comments white satin May not be as popular but I’m totally digging it. This thing stacks up to some of the best putters I’ve rolled. Granted it was indoors for 15min but came away crazy impressed

053B2B1B-234E-4E40-B577-24C179390067.jpeg480860CA-6A6E-4109-843B-E0553AB7B0C7.jpeg0487F57E-E43E-4B44-875C-B1E41622947E.jpeg

Just saw this.. Some new models coming.. I really am digging the wide and the 7 model..

New VI model is sweet! Reminds me of a cross between my Odyssey RSX V-Line Fang and Cameron X5.E76B4ADF-A88A-46C3-BCB2-252C978A23FC.jpeg61A5184B-8631-4D6B-A988-7A5673E11748.jpeg91315073-1298-4A52-B935-C74DFE7BC442.jpeg0952B745-63DA-452D-ADE0-60AB830913AE.jpeg

Back