Mizuno M Craft Putters

Putting has been decent since putting this in the bag. I thought it feels long compared to my Scotty Newport 2. I measured them side by side and it was about .5" longer using a tape measure. Oddly the Mizuno measures exactly 35" the way I measured and the Scotty was 34.5". Its weird that .5" feels that much longer. Maybe its the thinner grip but I'm fan of feel of this putter.

These are really nice. In talking with a rep he said they are selling really well over all and it has been a great product launch for them.

After a horrendous day of putting on Wednesday with the M-Craft 1, I got out yesterday and did a little better... at least no 3 putts, and went from 39 to 33 putts. I realized that I was too far away from the ball, and once I made that adjustment on hole number 12 yesterday, putted much better.

Anyone else using one of these? After getting used to what I now believe to be seeing the loft on the putter which was weird and playing tricks on my mind initially I have started becoming more confident and putting much better. I also had to remove the Arccos putting sensor and that made a huge difference in my feel as well, it doesn't feel long anymore either.

Anyone else using one of these? After getting used to what I now believe to be seeing the loft on the putter which was weird and playing tricks on my mind initially I have started becoming more confident and putting much better. I also had to remove the Arccos putting sensor and that made a huge difference in my feel as well, it doesn't feel long anymore either.

I just finished putting with one while on a conference call. Still love the sound.

I hate having the arccos on the end of my putters!!

I hate having the arccos on the end of my putters!!
It didn't use to bother me, I've had it on multiple putters before but on this putter in particular it did for some reason.

It didn't use to bother me, I've had it on multiple putters before but on this putter in particular it did for some reason.
I think it depends on the grip... some grips like the Lamkin deep etch ones have the hole on top of the grip very close/forward to the front of the grip. The sensor then hangs over the grip and doesnt sit flush on top

I just swapped a Newport 2 for a Type 1 in Black Ion. Local shop only had a limited number; I think 1 of the Type 1 and 2-3 of the Type 3. So far, feels really nice. Will take it out for a quick 9 holes tomorrow morning.

I just swapped a Newport 2 for a Type 1 in Black Ion. Local shop only had a limited number; I think 1 of the Type 1 and 2-3 of the Type 3. So far, feels really nice. Will take it out for a quick 9 holes tomorrow morning.
Your lucky to have them available, was going to order a #3 blue and the local dealer is saying 60 days. My season will be winding down by then.😩

That's a good trade, I would still like to get one of these to roll. Type 1 Black is my leading choice... tempted by the blue, but black looks really good.

That's a good trade, I would still like to get one of these to roll. Type 1 Black is my leading choice... tempted by the blue, but black looks really good.

Still have a Newport and a Toulon SD. Comparing these three in terms of feels will be a nice little test.

played 18 with this putter. I'm extremely impressed & pleasantly surprised with this putter. Had some good putts today. Still getting adjusted to the hang but that's not a problem. The feel is firm, dense. Much firmer than my NP2. I played a TP5x and a Bstone Tour B X today and both combos felt nice.

I’ve been using an M Craft 2 in blue, it’s a great putter and I think it’s a steal at the price. Also it’s nice to have the weight kit included. I think Mizuno hit a winner with these and wonder that different shapes they have in the pipeline. Definitely one to try if you’re in the market for a new putter.

I’m holding out hope Mizuno does a head style similar to Odyssey’s #7 or second to that the RSX V Line Fang shape.

Enjoying seeing this thread get some more action as of late. One of the best feeling putters I have in my possession right now.

I really like the look of the blue finish but seems like they only have 34 and 35 inch putters. Really wish there was a 33 so that I could buy one.

One of the softest putters I ever owned, aside from a Miura, was a Mizuno.
TPM was the series back then. Sadly, their stuff is often awesome and gets overlooked.
Picking it up cheap on the back end is the only short-term "positive." I think I got mine from Rockbottom for $25 shipped on closeout.
Sold it for $75 years later when people were looking for them again. (y)

I really like the look of the blue finish but seems like they only have 34 and 35 inch putters. Really wish there was a 33 so that I could buy one.
No custom? That's too bad.
Need 35.5". :cool:

If the head is heavy enough, just have a 34 shortened. Good club guy should be able to save the grip and re-use as well. (y)
I think that's slightly short-sighted of Miz if you'd have to shorten, and I'd have to lengthen.
They cut iron shafts to length. What gives, Miz? :unsure:

No custom? That's too bad.
Need 35.5". :cool:

If the head is heavy enough, just have a 34 shortened. Good club guy should be able to save the grip and re-use as well. (y)
I think that's slightly short-sighted of Miz if you'd have to shorten, and I'd have to lengthen.
They cut iron shafts to length. What gives, Miz? :unsure:
Yeah. I think its pretty short-sighted of them to not offer that option. Most companies over 33, 34 and 35 and standard options and then lets you customize length if you choose to while ordering. Mizuno limits those options to only 34 and 35 and no customization options either.

I don't like the idea of having to buy a new putter and then paying more to get it customized (reduce shaft length) so I will just stay put for now.

Yeah. I think its pretty short-sighted of them to not offer that option. Most companies over 33, 34 and 35 and standard options and then lets you customize length if you choose to while ordering. Mizuno limits those options to only 34 and 35 and no customization options either.

I don't like the idea of having to buy a new putter and then paying more to get it customized (reduce shaft length) so I will just stay put for now.
I know Cleveland and others do "uncut, grip in box" options.
Do they at least offer that, I wonder? They should at very minimum. Why release a new product with such handicaps surrounding specs?
I love me some blue...come on Miz!! :love:

Putting has been decent since putting this in the bag. I thought it feels long compared to my Scotty Newport 2. I measured them side by side and it was about .5" longer using a tape measure. Oddly the Mizuno measures exactly 35" the way I measured and the Scotty was 34.5". Its weird that .5" feels that much longer. Maybe its the thinner grip but I'm fan of feel of this putter.

i put the Type 1 against my Newport. It's definitely 0.5" longer than the Scotty. I personally am ok with it.

Back