Mizuno Pro 221, 223, 225 and Fli-Hi Irons

Hence my smiley. ;)
I understood bro! All good. Maybe we need a poll for the masses to weigh on based solely on looks. I am just too lazy to do it haha :LOL:

I understood bro! All good. Maybe we need a poll for the masses to weigh on based solely on looks. I am just too lazy to do it haha :LOL:
It's a fun thing to hear perspectives on. Even the last few posts about it show a little bit of bag vs ball mentality. We all have what we like, what we want, and what we'll put up with over others.

The whole line looks pretty dang good though, so no one's really gonna leave unhappy.

That's more than fair.

I'd say in the bag, the 225 looks more impressive with the blade look. At address, I prefer the look of the 223. It's kind of a toss up based on personal preference. But the 225 does feel more powerful at impact. Blows you away. But I have a 4-6i in 223 coming my way, and then I'll order the 8-PW in 225 for my son's future set. If he doesn't want them yet, they may be my traveling set.

Oh, and the Fli-H 4i, I am getting more accustomed to it. I get a high mid flight with range balls. A very friendly club for a 4i.
The Fli-Hi is INCREDIBLE. I’m blown away at the sound, and the forgiveness mixed with a LOT of power.

The Fli-Hi is INCREDIBLE. I’m blown away at the sound, and the forgiveness mixed with a LOT of power.
Yes the forgiveness is remarkable!

If I can get a 4i in the air high-mid with range balls, that says a lot about it!!

;)

It is an absolute hammer. I love these fli hi’s.

It is an absolute hammer. I love these fli hi’s.
I'm blown away. First swing was on course today with my kids, all three of them at the same time said something to the effect of "Holy crap what club is that???"

I'm blown away. First swing was on course today with my kids, all three of them at the same time said something to the effect of "Holy crap what club is that???"

Weather broke today and it's sunny and in the 60's the next two days in NorTex.

So I took my son to his lesson and listened in as I hit balls.

Hitting 223 and 225 irons

I love the look of the 223 and find it very forgiving and feel is excellent. At the same time, the 225 is a stud. I didn't even know I'd picked it up to hit it and when I did, I said, that feels so good and goes. Not as high as the 223, but worn range balls don't spin much.

I could see people going 4-7 in 225 and from 8-PW, I don't think you'll find much difference between 223 and 225 in 8-PW other than the cavity and stronger lofts which can be adjusted.

I may end up with a set of both - one for my son and the other for me. Even though, lol, it may be the summer before he gives up his Hot Metals.

This is an impressive lineup.

I can't say anything about turf interaction because they've had us on mats with the poor weather this week.

But if you have the 225 coming, you are fortunate, and I can say the same of future 223 owners. Just a great lineup.

Love this. Can’t wait for my 225s to arrive. One week to go hopefully.

Like I said, I hit an absolute laser on a short par for that made me an instant believer..

First swing off the turf with the Fly-Hi 4i --- easy off the deck, surprised, high mid and urgent flight. I've not been able to hit a 4i before except for this Fli-Hi. It was fun.

223’s are…impeccable.

194 yard 6i into a par 3 today was :love:

Sorry - too many pages to look thru, what setup did you put in them?

223’s are…impeccable.

194 yard 6i into a par 3 today was :love:
You gotta keep grinding that axe against my wallet huh? 😂

Yes, hit the 223 off mats and then snuck off to the side when almost all were gone to hit a few off the turf. OH MY!

Temperatures going up today to low 50s. Good chance the range will open this afternoon so I can get some swings in.

I also want to add. I am SOOOOOOOO happy I went back to the AMT shafts.. Its like meeting an old friend and just being able to pick up right where you left off..
You might be the first person I can recall saying you liked those shafts haha. I have not had good experiences with them at all

You might be the first person I can recall saying you liked those shafts haha. I have not had good experiences with them at all

I have always been, well unique. Lol..

I am a fan though..

I hit the 223 tonight against my t100s . The 223 feel so soft

Back