Mizuno ST-Max and Breaking Down the ST Drivers

I really want to try this club. I am one who needs spin and launch and this sounds like it could be a real winner for me.

Yes, one of these went to the other hole because my little fade got caught in winds and just went….but to do this in that wind was incredible. I had 2 more pushing over 280.

I need to add some weight to this, either in a reshaft or with some lead tape. The hits are there, but the light weight in the 50s lets me forget to push through on my shoulders. (I play with heavier iron shafts for this same reason). But I’m a fan of this darn Club.

Right now I like the STG 3 wood better…but if I can lock this down more it would be up there

Attachments

• IMG_1746.jpeg
    IMG_1746.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1747.jpeg
    IMG_1747.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 1
I've got a Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60 Xtra stiff coming. After reviewing my swing speed on driver, especially with the speed training I've been doing, I need the extra weight and stiffness to help. When I hit this driver it's there, now I just want to get more comfy with it.

I watched @ddec hit the Max pretty well…

I can say, it's been money for me, only when I try to really kill it do I get wild. And that is with the lighter LINQ Red shaft.

Well, when your new shaft comes in you have to make the change out and go hit. When you look at that first picture, the new shaft is on the left and the old one is on the right. The stock shaft was 1/2" longer than the one I ordered. I know it helps with club speed for some, but it didn't help with control for me.

Switching the the Kai'Li white today (had a mess around round today, will have another tomorrow) and wanted to put it through it's paces. Why go to the range when you can play 18. Between the warmer weather, less wind, and the new shaft I saw my best success driving the ball today. My drive distance was up about 22 yards from what it had been earlier this year.

Also, I do enjoy the white. I can get a sense on the driver for the firmer flex at the tip. Hard to explain, but you just kind of feel it and hear it.

I'm ready for more warm weather and more of this success.

Attachments

• IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1785.jpg
    IMG_1785.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1786.jpg
    IMG_1786.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
Well, when your new shaft comes in you have to make the change out and go hit. When you look at that first picture, the new shaft is on the left and the old one is on the right. The stock shaft was 1/2" longer than the one I ordered. I know it helps with club speed for some, but it didn't help with control for me.

Switching the the Kai'Li white today (had a mess around round today, will have another tomorrow) and wanted to put it through it's paces. Why go to the range when you can play 18. Between the warmer weather, less wind, and the new shaft I saw my best success driving the ball today. My drive distance was up about 22 yards from what it had been earlier this year.

Also, I do enjoy the white. I can get a sense on the driver for the firmer flex at the tip. Hard to explain, but you just kind of feel it and hear it.

I'm ready for more warm weather and more of this success.
That’s big distance. Glad it’s working for you

I'm convinced about 70%+ of it was just it being 60 degrees and not 40

Reactions: JB
Back