Mizuno ST-X 230 and ST-Z 230 Drivers

Good stuff James. I know it’s not a left favorable club (?) but, if one’s miss is left is this likely to amplify that miss?
No more than any other driver imo. It’s got some internal bias, but it’s not as much as people think, it’s why I’m really happy to see Mizuno try to get that message across this year.

Saw a note that these should be out around the 23rd of this month. Believe that gets me to a point where everything I want to hit will be out and I look forward to getting a chance to go hit them.

Got some more swings on this before two straight days of nothing but depressing to my core, rain.

This is much more in line with what made me blown away by Mizuno and the ST line two cycles ago, enough so that I played the first ST-X for a full season. I went for the 220 Z last year and it was just not the same, the pop wasn’t there for me and the spin was up as well, by a solid amount.

Back to the X for this 230 review I’m working on and thusfar, things are as I hoped they would be. The setup at address on the X is dead neutral, and I do mean neutral. More than that, even in the 10.5 head the spin is in a good spot, back close to where the original ST-X was for me. But speed, this one was true speed potential, and that has impressed me most about CORTECH, not only is it a more solid feel/sound now because of it, but thus far the data is showing it does what Mizuno claims it to. The speed is on par with everything else ive hit so far for 2023.

Just ordered a 230 Z in 9.5 degrees. The Downs Driving Range in Tampa was having Golfest today with many vendors present. Dan the rep from Mizuno spent over a hour fitting me and was a true professional. Now the hard part of waiting 2 to 3 weeks before it arrives begins.

Just ordered a 230 Z in 9.5 degrees. The Downs Driving Range in Tampa was having Golfest today with many vendors present. Dan the rep from Mizuno spent over a hour fitting me and was a true professional. Now the hard part of waiting 2 to 3 weeks before it arrives begins.
How did it compare to your gamer and any other drivers your may have test driven?

Coming from a ST-Z 220. Was impressed by reviews on You Tube, etc. Did not try other clubs.
Even better, as I'm currenly gaming the z220, so was it strictly distance or accuracy or both... Big gains?

7206B05D-D814-4127-BD8D-DF1F9D7E13BC.jpeg

Low spin and long, right there:love:
It was well struck, the head launches really well at standard loft, I need to turn it down and see what I can get up to.

This is however the driver line I’ve hoped to see from Mizuno, they want to go, and go pretty easily.

5CA62C96-7460-4337-9DEB-1153ABE5215D.jpeg

Actually got to put some swings on this one today. They look so much better in person, and I was one who thought the stock images looked great already.

Now my swing is a dumpster fire having not swung a club in 4 months, but I saw some really really good ball speed with this. They didn’t have the shaft I wanted to try, so had something a little too light for my taste in the 10 head. On well struck shots I was seeing ball speeds in the low 150’s on average and poorly struck were still playable and in the high 140’s. I think with a proper fitting this thing could be deadly. (If memory serves my SZ properly fitted maxed out around 148-149)

I should be swinging both models at my fitting tomorrow.

I should be swinging both models at my fitting tomorrow.
Looking forward to your review if you have one. Mine should ship (according to the retailer) tomorrow (which they claim was given to them by Mizuno).

IT'S HERE!!! Mine just arrived this AM. Am very happy and eager to hit it. Maybe visit a range Sunday - Saturday is explore SC with my wife day, and today is work and gym.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

IT'S HERE!!! Mine just arrived this AM. Am very happy and eager to hit it. Maybe visit a range Sunday - Saturday is explore SC with my wife day, and today is work and gym.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!
Appreciate the feedback you provided in the other thread. Glad to hear that this thing produced solid results for you.

What shaft did you end up going with?

I'm going to try to get to a store this weekend to hit, I'm just leery about pulling the trigger this early in my season where the swing is a dumpster fire. I got a chance to hit the Z a few weekends back, but they didn't have the smoke green to test so wasn't really a fair test at all.

I went with the Lin-Q Red 60 Regular. I still have a tendency to pull drives - so the slightly heavier shaft may help in the regard. This was the reason the X head did not work - it's NOT hook machine by any means, but if you already struggle with left side, it may not be a great fit.

I see that the the Mizuno driver specification for length is 45” vs the 45.75” of say Paradym and Stealth.

Are you folks ordering it with a longer shaft? Does that shaft length difference really matter? How would it play with say a 45.5” length shaft? Mess up the swingweight?

I see that the the Mizuno driver specification for length is 45” vs the 45.75” of say Paradym and Stealth.

Are you folks ordering it with a longer shaft? Does that shaft length difference really matter? How would it play with say a 45.5” length shaft? Mess up the swingweight?
Every 1/2 longer the swing weight should go up 3 points by rule of thumb. Likely more club head speed from longer lever as well.

As much as I love the hybrid from this line, the driver would be getting some strong consideration if my driver wasn’t new.

I ordered at stock length, as my fitting used the Mizuno stock length shaft. The data showed it to have more ball speed (however small it may have been), and maintained the same accuracy level compared to the old driver (also Mizuno). I may at some point put a longer shaft in to see what happens - but not racing or worrying about that yet.

I wonder how spin may be affected with longer shafts - any discernible changes when one goes to a longer shaft?

I need to try this one out... everything about the ST-Z 230 is what I look for in a driver...while I like the E722...my eyes have started to wander this season 😢 🤷‍♂️

I need to try this one out... everything about the ST-Z 230 is what I look for in a driver...while I like the E722...my eyes have started to wander this season 😢 🤷‍♂️
That’s crazy talk…repent! 😂

@Vosh68 and the rest of the Mizuno staff knocked it out of the park with these.

Back