Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

Great video, love the pricing, and Vosh has a beautiful swing and an easy way of explaining the tech. I played a couple different Mizuno drivers from their MP series for a few years long ago and look forward to hitting theses once spring is here. I love putting clubs in my bag that are less commonly used and a Mizuno driver would fit the bill.

I’ll probably take a few swings with an X. Thoughts of driver testing will help get me through the winter.

The price on this is so so so good.

ST lineup from Mizuno has so much going for it! Great price, stunning looks, and awesome stock shaft options... Sounds like this one is a must try for a lot of golfers! I'll have to watch this video at home later tonight!

I’m sure these are excellent drivers and as good as any of the 2021 offerings out there on solid strikes. What I’m curious about is ball speed retention on off center strikes compared to something like a Ping G425 or the new Epic Speed line.

Draw weighted and Low Spin = clear winner for me.
Watch out guys the is pretty much the only draw weighted and low spin driver this year since Callaway dropped the Sub Zero line.
This one is for the player who is fast and or adds a ton of loft!
Pricing 130$ lower than the big guys and premium shaft offerings for free. SOLD!
ST-X or MV SZ will be in the bag in 2021.

Last edited:
Watch out guys the is pretty much the only draw weighted and low spin driver this year since Callaway dropped the Sub Zero line.

While I really enjoyed this driver and even more enjoyed filming with Chris, there are others.
Callaway B21 comes to mind, which is very low spin and definitely draw weighted.

While I really enjoyed this driver and even more enjoyed filming with Chris, there are others.
Callaway B21 comes to mind, which is very low spin and definitely draw weighted.
You are right JB. The thing is, the B21 head is just huge. For some odd reason, I wasn't able to hit it well.
Free premium real deal Motore F3 shafts are also a big plus for the ST line.
Cobra Radspeed will be another low spin option, but it doesn't feature a draw positioned weight.

You are right JB. The thing is, the B21 head is just huge. For some odd reason, I wasn't able to hit it well.
Free premium real deal Motore F3 shafts are also a big plus for the ST line.
Cobra Radspeed will be another low spin option, but it doesn't feature an draw positioned weight.

Cobra RAD XD does.

True. Will definitely test the Rad XD. I'm just not so sure about the low spin on the XD. Especially compared to St-X, Sub Zero, ZX7 and standard Radspeed. Anyway we'll see:cool:.

I just feel Mizuno has a real winner here with the unique weighting and spin combo in a nicely looking head size. time will tell(y)

Last edited:
Exceptional review and video. The X would definitely make an audition list.

Those are really impressive and solid! Can't wait to hit these and see them in person, they look fantastic!

ST-X living in my head. And the fairway.

Great video, love the pricing, and Vosh has a beautiful swing and an easy way of explaining the tech. I played a couple different Mizuno drivers from their MP series for a few years long ago and look forward to hitting theses once spring is here. I love putting clubs in my bag that are less commonly used and a Mizuno driver would fit the bill.
My first new driver was the TZoid Mighty Big. It felt like a 5 gallon bucket. Loved it.

I like what I'm hearing about this fairway. I want.

When my Mizuno 921 HM Pro irons arrive I will add these to try out at the Driver fitting. Just didn't have much left of a swing after hitting all those irons shot to justify a purchase. If they sound as good as their irons it would be a plus.

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

That X.....

The 'X' rocks. Feel & sound both are fantastic, and the slight draw bias really isn't bad at all. Ordered the 3-wood as well, which replaces an ST-190. Fortunate to put demo's in the bag for a few down-south warm weather rounds before my own come in.

I'm definitely hoping to try one or both of these during my fitting next month. They certainly look nice in person.

The TXG guys interviewed Chris Voshall and got some cool feedback on the journey of the Mizuno drivers and how they got to where they are. The fairway woods are getting high praise also.

Back