I'm really liking the look as well and the performance and spin has been there as well. Had I seen the satin in person before ordering that I may have leaned that way. I've had a few that I thought were coming in a little low and hot but they took one big bounce and checked hard leaving me close to the pin. I'll try to snap a few pictures next time I play.
Shots coming in a little low for you? :ROFLMAO:

Shots coming in a little low for you? :ROFLMAO:
Who Would Have Thought Comedy GIF by Neesin

I am heading off to a new wedge fitting in about an hour or so. Mizuno T24 and S23 are both on my list to try.

Well, that was loads of fun. In attendance: 2 very qualified fitters from the local practice facility, another ex-Navy Nuke who served on some 637 Class boat, and the winner of the 2006 Valero Texas Open.

While I hold the local fitters in high esteem - it was clear that they were less than super familiar with the Mizuno line of wedges. They had laid out for me to try:

MG4s of various lofts and grinds;
The latest Glide;
An SM-9; and at my request
Whatever T-24s they had in the demo bag

It was clear that they were pretty confident we'd be ending up on a couple of MG4s - so we started there. Got some good numbers just hitting 80 yard pitch shots and they looked and felt fine. I commented that I was not impressed with the wet wedge results I'd seen posted for the MG4s - so we moved onto the Ping Glide - the wet wedge test king. Hated the way it felt right out of the gate so we quickly moved on to the Mizunos - also great results in the wet wedge tests. They had S, D, C and V grinds of various lofts for me to try. These ended up being eye-opening. And I do not mean just for me. Both of them seemed kind of shocked at how well I was hitting them. To the point where one of the fitters had to take a couple of shots himself to recalibrate his thinking on the subject. By the end of the sesssion he seemed a convert.

Anyway - I also hit a few shots with the SM-9. It blew no wind up anyone's skirt. And then finished off with some shots with my own PXG 0311 Forged 52. I returned my attention to the T24s and started hitting a variety of chips and flops with the different grinds.

At that point - the other fitter was on the Mizuno website learning all about the T-24 and S23 wedges. They had no S23s for me to try so they called up the Miz rep and ordered two for me to try then and there. When the demos get in - I will return and we will hit some shots in real grass and from the bunkers before completing the order. It looks like I will have a 54 D and a 58 C in some 115g steel shaft - but the the model is yet TBD.

I have a few simulator rounds under my belt with these wedges and I still think the Mizuno wedges are the most underrated clubs Mizuno has to offer. I have the 50° S grind and 58° in V grind. I use these around the greens and as my 110 and 75yd clubs. Along with consistency my biggest takeaway that I'm most impressed with is the spin I'm getting on the greens. Nothing too crazy but the ball is checking and sitting well without rolling out and I love it.

I've been really happy with the T24's so far. The feel on the wedges is really good. The spin and check that I get out of them is there and almost too much right now though that should come down as I get a few more rounds in. I'd say the one thing that I'm missing with these that my Snakebites had is the scallop. That helped on those hard pack thin lies and I got very used to those. It's been a little bit of a challenge with these but I'm starting to make the adjustment. From regular lies they have been great though and easy to open up for a flop shot if needed. I'm off on Friday and will play so I may try to take both sets out to our chipping and pitching green to get some side by side feedback on both.

I still continue to be very impressed with the V grind 58°. It’s starting to get a little sloppy with the rain and no sun to dry it out here in Ohio.

My old 58° X grind gave me absolute fits in these conditions. With the V grind I can hit any shot I want to with it and I’m continuing to be able to do so even in the muck.

I’ve never been more confident in my greenside game. Even to the point of no longer ALWAYS putting when I’m just off the green. Several times, now that reporting season is over, I’ve dropped two balls and chipped one with the 58° and putt the other and I’m oftentimes ending up better off with the chip.

It’s such a good wedge.

15 ish rounds of wear.

IMG_7180.jpeg
IMG_7181.jpeg

Excuse the terrible outdoor lighting Ohio is depressed AF right now.

Copper looks the best new but the satin looks great too.

My 54° satin wedge still basically looks brand new. Very good finish.

These are my current favorite new wedge line.

i'm going to upgrade to the 24 next year. wondering what grinds i should pick. currently do 49s 55d and 59c. i think i'd like a little more bounce in the sand wedge for, well, the sand. i've noticed a lot more thinned bunker shots since putting the t22 in the bag.

For those who have these how is the finish holding up?

I have the satin white and it still looks brand new after two months and 5+ rounds in.

i'm going to upgrade to the 24 next year. wondering what grinds i should pick. currently do 49s 55d and 59c. i think i'd like a little more bounce in the sand wedge for, well, the sand. i've noticed a lot more thinned bunker shots since putting the t22 in the bag.

I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't have a look at the V grind. Through talking to Vosh on our conference call he compared the V grind to a mosh up between X and C. It's so much easier to hit than the X grind I had in my T22 last year. I've been using my V grind 58º everywhere within 40y of the green and out of green side bunkers it slices through the sand at my club like a hot knife in butter. It's extremely versatile.

I'd stick with S in 49º since that's probably a full swing club for you.

I've posted several wear photos in this thread of the copper finish. I got some after 5 round, 10 rounds, and 15 rounds.
If you want to see the satin finish after 15 rounds let me know and I'll try to snap some photos today.

I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't have a look at the V grind. Through talking to Vosh on our conference call he compared the V grind to a mosh up between X and C. It's so much easier to hit than the X grind I had in my T22 last year. I've been using my V grind 58º everywhere within 40y of the green and out of green side bunkers it slices through the sand at my club like a hot knife in butter. It's extremely versatile.

I'd stick with S in 49º since that's probably a full swing club for you.

so you think v grind in the 55? i don't want the highest bounce option, just a little more bounce and a wider sole for bunkers. my 55 is a workhorse. it's almost exclusively my greenside chipping and pitching club, my sand club, usually my 30-60y club, and my 90-110y club lol.

so you think v grind in the 55? i don't want the highest bounce option, just a little more bounce and a wider sole for bunkers. my 55 is a workhorse. it's almost exclusively my greenside chipping and pitching club, my sand club, usually my 30-60y club, and my 90-110y club lol.
I'm not sure I'd personally go with V in 55 but that's more because 54º is usually more a full-ish swing club for me and 58 is my work horse for everything else around the green.
I definetly want you to try it and see if it's something you like but it might be a better option in lob wedge.

I'm not sure I'd personally go with V in 55 but that's more because 54º is usually more a full-ish swing club for me and 58 is my work horse for everything else around the green.
I definetly want you to try it and see if it's something you like but it might be a better option in lob wedge.

would be curious for @Vosh68 feedback on this

The past 2 days I’ve used the 58° v grind to put 3 chips from around 15-20y within 6 inches of the hole. Wedge putt pars are so nice. Turns out the T24 is a nice putter as well 😜

I know I keep coming in here gushing about these wedges but I feel like I have to do it. My wedge play has never ever been as good as it is now. I think a lot of it comes down to feel for me. The feel off the T24's is so good that it gives me the feedback I need to understand how hard I need to hit it and also immediately know if I hit it how I wanted to.

I used to be a putt if I was able to on everything I could around the green. Now I'm seeing much better results chipping with the 58º V-grind. Since reporting season is over here every time I'm presented with an opportunity just off the green where I would have putt it a few months ago I'll throw down an extra ball and do both. There have only been a handful of occasions where the putt ends up closer and a couple of occasions where I've holed out the chip or scared the hole pretty good.

The V grind just sets up and works so well for me. It's the best. I've found my forever wedges. I feel like I should order a few extra as spares. LOL.

Seeing as how I hate rust options in wedges have became kinda limited. Ordered a T24 54 D and a 58 V. Went from 14 bounce on both Vokeys to 8 and 10. Hoping to work on some creativity

Back