MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torture? How do you figure? We got rid of D. Lowe, which was by far the worst arm in the pen last year, and return a healthy EOF, Venters and Kimbrel. Hopefully Heyward gets out of his funk and the sucking vortex of doom known as Alex Gonzalez is now not in the line up. A LOT of young talent for the Bravos, but some strong veteran leadership around to guide them.

Heck, even Crime Dog and David Justice are helping out at Spring Training!
I was being a little sarcastic there. I love the Braves and start every season with such high hopes but it seems like every year I get let down. Yes, we are better now just by dumping Lowe on someone else.

The NL East should be interesting this year. The Phillies and Marlins and Braves are all going to be very good. The Nationals will be the Nationals, ever improving. And the Mets...

Thats right, Parrish. He was awful. I remember seeing where Chipper worked with Sluggla when he was going HAM. Dude, if Uggla, McCann, and Heyward all get their normal swings back this year, the offense will be a TON better. Bourn has had a lot more time to get familiar with all the guys on the team, and Freddie has almost doubled his bench press since last year. His numbers should increase as well. I think Chipper will be hitting coach whenever he retires. That'd be cool. I love Larry.
Chipper should be a player/manager type guy. Hitting Coach & player, even if he 60 years old right now.
The NL East should be interesting this year. The Phillies and Marlins and Braves are all going to be very good. The Nationals will be the Nationals, ever improving. And the Mets...
..and the Mets...

Dude I'd take him over Freddi any day. Some of the decision Freddi made last year made me go wtf. WE, you read any Capitol Avenue Club.com?

Dude I'd take him over Freddi any day. Some of the decision Freddi made last year made me go wtf. WE, you read any Capitol Avenue Club.com?
Yeah, read that and DOB's blog on a daily basis.

Yeah, read that and DOB's blog on a daily basis.

Nice, dude! Me too. I can't get enough of it. Good story on Chipper and the Braves today on ESPN.

Yeah, I thought Stark did a nice job with that article. It will be weird to see someone take over at 3B when Larry is gone, even if it is Prado.

Yeah, I thought Stark did a nice job with that article. It will be weird to see someone take over at 3B when Larry is gone, even if it is Prado.

Agreed. Hopefully Prado can be more consistent this year. I'm really looking for the Bravos to have a good year. I don't think they'll beat out the Phillies for 1st place in the East but I wouldn't be surprised to see them grab a WC spot. They have a good team and if they keep pitching healthy they really only have to score 3-4 runs per game.

Looks like the playoffs will expand this year. How on earth are you ever going to top Sept 28th, 2011?

War Eagle, see the latest article on AJC about McCanns contract? Was an interesting (and scary) read.

War Eagle, see the latest article on AJC about McCanns contract? Was an interesting (and scary) read.
I didnt see it, and just looked on ajc.com and couldnt find it. What did it say?

Now I'm fired up with my first tickets of the season in hand: Tuesday, June 9th against a team I hate with the fire of a thousand burning suns:

5f_1_b_301_1.JPG

In fact, I hate them so much I'm bringing my sister and her 3 kids and my buddy Aaron and his kid to help me hate on them.

The nice thing about Seattle is the 100 pct certainty that walk up tix will be available during the first home stand.

Braves are struggling to say the least.

Just had a flashback and not sure what to think of it...but apparently the Yankees just signed Andy Pettite to a minor league deal that could be worth 2.5 mil

Just had a flashback and not sure what to think of it...but apparently the Yankees just signed Andy Pettite to a minor league deal that could be worth 2.5 mil

I thought he retired.

Jair Jurrjens looked so bad for the Bravos today. Dang.

Jair Jurrjens looked so bad for the Bravos today. Dang.
Yes, he did. He looked terrible. I am one of the few that believe we should have traded him while his stock was high.

Yes, he did. He looked terrible. I am one of the few that believe we should have traded him while his stock was high.

I agree with you 100%. Farm system is good enough to be fine. I just don't know that our SS prospects are going to cut it this year, though they cant be worse offensively than Gonzo. We need another corner outfielder and someone to platoon with Heyward if he can't get it together this year. Needed a right handed utility bat too.

I agree with you 100%. Farm system is good enough to be fine. I just don't know that our SS prospects are going to cut it this year, though they cant be worse offensively than Gonzo. We need another corner outfielder and someone to platoon with Heyward if he can't get it together this year. Needed a right handed utility bat too.
I think Pastornicky will step it up. He has shown some flashes, but needs to find some consistency at the plate.

My Phillies are falling apart early this year. Injuries are killing us already. Michael Martinez out with a broken bone in his foot and Utley not coming back for a while!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My Phillies are falling apart early this year. Injuries are killing us already. Michael Martinez out with a broken bone in his foot and Utley not coming back for a while!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Be ready for a lot of 3-1 wins this year. No Howard, no Utley, no problem. Ugh

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back