MLB 2012 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what you said about the Phils in the Cards series can be said for the Yankees in the Tigers series. Pitching was fine, hitting and getting timely hits, not so much. I know some people can't stand baseball, but I love it. Have since I was a kid.
Im a huge baseball fan, I rank it up there with College Football and Golf. Already have my MLB Extra Innings package ordered and ready for the season to start.

amazing. gave me even more reason to hate LaRussa too

that was one hell of game

everyone was walking out of the stadium with a 'wtf just happened?' look on their face

Had to make a point Hanks. I was beside myself that night. Probably the best game I have ever watched. Ddec is right!

amazing. gave me even more reason to hate LaRussa too

he's frustrating to watch. But you can't deny the success the man has had. Girardi can get like LaRussa when it comes to all the bullpen moves, although with Girardi I think he over thinks himself and LaRussa just knows what to do haha

I was at Halladay's perfect game down in Miami. That was a great game, only run was unearned! Killed me to root for the Phils once the 6th inning came around and he had the perfecto going.

Im really not looking forward to this baseball season, I will have to get caught up in golf instead of the Mets haha.

I can't wait until we get to FL. Does the opening of Spring Training not feel like a holiday for us northerners? We have never been to a Spring Training game but while we stay in Brandon, FL we're going to head up to Dunedin for a Jays game. They are sporting their unis from the 70's this season. So pumped up.

Alex

3 years in a row TEXAS RANGERS AL CHAMPS!!!!
I think this Year's Tigers will end that dream for you! "Bless you Boys!". DETROIT TIGERS, AL/WORLD SERIES Champs!

UGH! Seeing Pujols in his Angels uni turns my stomach. But, the Angels are paying for the 10 years the Cardinals got, not the 10 years they are going to get. Truth.

Wainwright coming back is huge. Beltran signing was nice. And I think David Freese is ready to be a star. We will be fine. We may not win it all, but we will be a playoff team and a series contender.

GO CARDS!

This could be post of the year material right there.

I can't wait until we get to FL. Does the opening of Spring Training not feel like a holiday for us northerners? We have never been to a Spring Training game but while we stay in Brandon, FL we're going to head up to Dunedin for a Jays game. They are sporting their unis from the 70's this season. So pumped up.

Alex

That's cool, Alex. Have a great time. I'll wait for Regular Season, 'til I get to a Jays game.

2-3 games a yr. Finally got to see Yankees vs. Jays last July. Wife & I usually make a nice weekend of it. Plus there's the Can. Open in Hamilton in July too. Plans are still a go.

Any Brewers fans? I want to get back into baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-3 games a yr. Finally got to see Yankees vs. Jays last July. Wife & I usually make a nice weekend of it. Plus there's the Can. Open in Hamilton in July too. Plans are still a go.

Very nice. We're about the same. I have plans for the Can Open but they are a little different. Yanks I've seen a few times.. Orioles, Athletics, Royals, White Sox. Never the Rays or Red Sox. The AL East is brutal. They'll be a strong work ethic team. Spring Training is a great chance to get real close.. would love to see them play the Phillies and see The Doc.

Alex

Just got my e-mail from the A's saying my season tickets are on the way. Should get them tomorrow!!!

Just got my e-mail from the A's saying my season tickets are on the way. Should get them tomorrow!!!

Is that a good thing? :angel:

Is that a good thing? :angel:

Why yes, it is a good thing. Have to enjoy it while I can before the team moves to San Jose or we get a new owner that will negotiate with Oakland for a new stadium downtown. Could be worse-I could be one of those bandwagon Giants fans who were no where to be seen last season.

And so the torture begins for this Braves fan.

And so the torture begins for this Braves fan.
Torture? How do you figure? We got rid of D. Lowe, which was by far the worst arm in the pen last year, and return a healthy EOF, Venters and Kimbrel. Hopefully Heyward gets out of his funk and the sucking vortex of doom known as Alex Gonzalez is now not in the line up. A LOT of young talent for the Bravos, but some strong veteran leadership around to guide them.

Heck, even Crime Dog and David Justice are helping out at Spring Training!

Dude, I'm excited to be a Braves fan. Heyward has his swing back according to Chipper and Braves writer Dave O'Brien. DLowe is gone. Hopefully Freddi won't be a moron this year and learns how to manage the pen, then we'll be fine. They got rid of the terrible old swing coach and brought in that new guy (forgot his name). I've heard he's already helping many people. If the Phillies didn't have the powerhouse starters they had, everyone would be talking about the Braves pitching. They are deep at GOOD pitchers for years to come. Pastorniky is looking pretty good for a young guy at SS and may see some burn later in the season. Go Bravos!

Dude, I'm excited to be a Braves fan. Heyward has his swing back according to Chipper and Braves writer Dave O'Brien. DLowe is gone. Hopefully Freddi won't be a moron this year and learns how to manage the pen, then we'll be fine. They got rid of the terrible old swing coach and brought in that new guy (forgot his name). I've heard he's already helping many people. If the Phillies didn't have the powerhouse starters they had, everyone would be talking about the Braves pitching. They are deep at GOOD pitchers for years to come. Pastorniky is looking pretty good for a young guy at SS and may see some burn later in the season. Go Bravos!
Larry Parrish, he was the hitting coach last year, and he was dreadful. Apparently he was the one who was working with Uggla on "new mechanics" and during the All Star Break, Chipper and his Dad had some work with Ugglas swing. We all know which half of the season Uggla went HAM on. For the first time EVER, I was praying for Terry Pendleton to be back at Hitting Coach to replace Parrish.

Larry Parrish, he was the hitting coach last year, and he was dreadful. Apparently he was the one who was working with Uggla on "new mechanics" and during the All Star Break, Chipper and his Dad had some work with Ugglas swing. We all know which half of the season Uggla went HAM on. For the first time EVER, I was praying for Terry Pendleton to be back at Hitting Coach to replace Parrish.

Thats right, Parrish. He was awful. I remember seeing where Chipper worked with Sluggla when he was going HAM. Dude, if Uggla, McCann, and Heyward all get their normal swings back this year, the offense will be a TON better. Bourn has had a lot more time to get familiar with all the guys on the team, and Freddie has almost doubled his bench press since last year. His numbers should increase as well. I think Chipper will be hitting coach whenever he retires. That'd be cool. I love Larry.

That's cool I have always liked the A's they were the team. In the 70's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back