Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

I pulled the trigger on a rental car.

Went through Priceline.com for a standard size (fusion 4 door) at $178 total for Wednesday through Monday.

I then received my confirmation that it will be through Hertz but it's showing a 2 door Altima....so I have no idea what I'll be getting.

Hard to say how much I can help anyone get from airport to villas and vice Versa given the question mark with the size of the car.

Good deals can be had for those on the rental car question mark train!

Himmmm....maybe I'll just get one too then.

I know dude. Was trying to find a cheap 4 door option as I didn't want to rely on people to get me around and was hoping to help you and Mike from the airport.

I will be heading back to airport late Wednesday night to get my captain.

As of right now, I'm scheduled to drive in Wednesday night--arriving around 730-8. If anyone needs a ride from the airport around that time or later on, please send me a PM.

Check Hotwire as well. I had to prepay, but I got a Ford Fusion for Wednesday thru Monday with Sixt for about 150.00.

So my travel plans have changed and my wife will no longer be able to come to Myrtle with me. I have a 2 bedroom villa that has an open room if anyone is interested. I believe I am booked for Thursday night through Saturday night. Let me know (PM or whatever) if anyone is interested in the bedroom! Cost is around $80 per night.

Booked my flights. Things just got real. Getting in around noon on Weds.

It's an awesome feeling, right? MC tickets always make it real!

So my travel plans have changed and my wife will no longer be able to come to Myrtle with me. I have a 2 bedroom villa that has an open room if anyone is interested. I believe I am booked for Thursday night through Saturday night. Let me know (PM or whatever) if anyone is interested in the bedroom! Cost is around $80 per night.

I will have to re-work the sleeping arrangements with my contact. I'll keep you posted.

Congrats buddy. Great feeling isnt?? Can't wait to meet ya in a few short weeks!!

Check Hotwire as well. I had to prepay, but I got a Ford Fusion for Wednesday thru Monday with Sixt for about 150.00.

Does anybody know where can I find the related flight schedule for August?

Last edited:
Congrats buddy. Great feeling isnt?? Can't wait to meet ya in a few short weeks!!

It is - likewise! Don't get me wrong, the tour experience of the Morgan Cup is absolutely nuts, but I'm just as excited about meeting everyone in person.

I will have to re-work the sleeping arrangements with my contact. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks Freddie, that's above and beyond. I appreciate your efforts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I moved you into Villa 13-G with M. Peterson, Seth "shine bright like a' Diamond and Ryan Whittman. I will tell the resort to open your room back up for rental. You guys are now spiltting a two bedroom villa four ways at $159 per night
Thanks Freddie, that's above and beyond. I appreciate your efforts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I moved you into the spot you took over in Villa !3-G with Amart, ATLgolfer and Ryan

Please log into the follow link as a guest and place you CC info down. I am the group leader, Freddie Kong. let me know if you have any issues.

www.caledoniagolfvacations.com

It is - likewise! Don't get me wrong, the tour experience of the Morgan Cup is absolutely nuts, but I'm just as excited about meeting everyone in person.

I do believe everyone should have taken care of the their lodging with the exception of M Peterson and one other. But we are in order and ready to go. Your cards will be charged three days prior to your arrival. The amount charged will be based on the number of nights you booked. If the cards have not been charged please do not worry, they will be.

Early check in will be a case by case basis. I have been told they don't see it as an issue but this is a resort and things can pop up. If you run into an issue where you can not, please do not get upset, just roll on over to the course and do something. Plenty to do in MB other than carry bags into your rooms.

There a local grocer about 3 miles from the villa heading north. I know my villa will be stocking up on water, snack, beer and food. Its worth it and a lot less expensive then eating out every meal. Of course our host has been gracious enough to provide us with some out standing meals while we are on site (stand and clap please) but all other meals are on your own.

The club house at both TB and Caledonia have full menus so if you don't have any cooking skills and want to dine at either, knock yourself out.

Typically in years past guys will get together in each others villas and hang out. You guys are welcome to stop by the THP villa and hang. It wont be a party but a great place to gather, shoot the sh@t and have a couple cold ones. This is not to say you can drink yourself into struggle mode every night, it just wont be happening in our villa until we celebrate our win on Sunday. (don't get all heated, just having some fun) The point is, we want to welcome everyone and we want everyone to feel welcome. This goes for the volunteers as well.

This weekend is you weekend gentleman. But remember we are representing our sponsors, ours teams, THP and ourselves.

I moved you into Villa 13-G with M. Peterson, Seth "shine bright like a' Diamond and Ryan Whittman. I will tell the resort to open your room back up for rental. You guys are now spiltting a two bedroom villa four ways at $159 per night

Freddie, you're the man. Thanks for taking care of my teammate like that, going above and beyond like only a Panda would.

You're the man Freddie. Looking forward to cracking open a few cold ones with you.

Freddie, thank you again for doing this for us! Looking forward to hanging out with everyone in MB.

I moved you into the spot you took over in Villa !3-G with Amart, ATLgolfer and Ryan

Please log into the follow link as a guest and place you CC info down. I am the group leader, Freddie Kong. let me know if you have any issues.

www.caledoniagolfvacations.com
Freddie, thanks for doing this, and I don't mean to add wrinkles, but this might cause an issue with volunteers as we have offered space in our room to both tpluff and mikeg, so I think one of them may need to find another villa for Wednesday night before their volunteer rooms are available.

Amart, we'll have our team DotCom attorney send over the NDA that you'll need to sign to room with us. pretty standard language really.

One of the volunteers can crash on the couch for the night and the other can find another couch. Plenty of couches to go around
Freddie, thanks for doing this, and I don't mean to add wrinkles, but this might cause an issue with volunteers as we have offered space in our room to both tpluff and mikeg, so I think one of them may need to find another villa for Wednesday night before their volunteer rooms are available.

Amart, we'll have our team DotCom attorney send over the NDA that you'll need to sign to room with us. pretty standard language really.

Back