My Day of Driver Testing: R1, Stage 2, Amp Cell, XHot

That is a great write up dude. Sounds like you got a keeper there. Both the Amp Cell and wife.

I also just wanted to say that if it wasn't for THP, I probably never would have given the Cobra Amp Cell a chance. Cobra always has never appealed to me and I never considered gaming any of their clubs.

However, the combination of the community and the AC outing really opened my eyes to what Cobra has morphed into. I'm very thankful to THP for helping me find the best driver for my game.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Nice write up Jlukes, made me want to go out and try it even though I'm still in love with my 910. I didn't even know we had a Golf Galaxy near us. May have to head out that way this weekend to try the Cell irons and driver.
Why do I see myself with a full Cobra bag this year!

Nice write up Jlukes, made me want to go out and try it even though I'm still in love with my 910. I didn't even know we had a Golf Galaxy near us. May have to head out that way this weekend to try the Cell irons and driver.
Why do I see myself with a full Cobra bag this year!

The staff over at that GG is awesome. Dan is the GM over there and really knows his stuff. I have never been pressured to buy a specific brand or anything that didn't fit my game the best.

Regarding Cobra - it is amazing how much they have changed their brand this year. I have never likes Cobra clubs in the past and now I'm bagging on Amp Cell driver. If I didn't get the opportunity to test the Rocketbladez, I would have been between the Amp Cell irons and Rocketbladez irons as my next big purchase. Still want to hit the Amp Cell irons when they come out.

Im not sure how I missed this thread over the weekend, but thank you for taking us on that ride with you! I'm happy that you found a club that fits you so well! It seems like all the oem's really stepped it up this year and I can't wait to hear more feedback from THPr's on what these news sticks are doing for their games.

The staff over at that GG is awesome. Dan is the GM over there and really knows his stuff. I have never been pressured to buy a specific brand or anything that didn't fit my game the best.

Regarding Cobra - it is amazing how much they have changed their brand this year. I have never likes Cobra clubs in the past and now I'm bagging on Amp Cell driver. If I didn't get the opportunity to test the Rocketbladez, I would have been between the Amp Cell irons and Rocketbladez irons as my next big purchase. Still want to hit the Amp Cell irons when they come out.

Awesome, definitely going to take a trip there this weekend.

Great write up. Thanks for the fun read, and adding to my desire to try out the Amp Cell when I go swing the new drivers soon!

Great Read...My wife said no to the driver but yes to kate Upton.:blowkiss:

This latest praise for the AMP Cell makes me hope even more that I win the Golf With Blair contest so I can get me one! And you know, the other part too...:clap:

I hit 24.8% of fairways with my driver in 2012

I have only played 2 rounds in 2013, but I have hit 20 of 25 fairways (80%). Absolutely unreal numbers for me. I could not be happier with my purchase.

Sounds like we got a new snake man in the house :D. Go blue :blob::cobra:. I love the looks of the blue snake myself. Great thread dude!

Sounds like we got a new snake man in the house :D. Go blue :blob::cobra:. I love the looks of the blue snake myself. Great thread dude!

Did you make it to the PGA S/S today?

Did you make it to the PGA S/S today?

Nope. KellyBo and I went and joined ourselves a gym! Worked out and then headed back home to rest. Maybe tomorrow and if I do, I'll take a look at these amp cell drivers, to see what all the buzz is about :thumb:

You were crushin this in AC. Now if I could talk the wifey into an early bday present.

Now that is a write up of club testing. Nicely done on all accounts.

Congrats on the new driver and the very understanding wife

My blue Amp Cell stiff arrives tomorrow.

I hit a bucket of balls tonight with the demo club to make sure last time wasn't a fluke.

32 drives, 2 slices and 3 hooks but nothing too penal.

I really didn't swing well but this driver is super lenient. I'm sure others might be longer, but the consistent ball flight is almost scary. The ball barely moves off line for me.

How did they do that and why won't my other clubs do it ;)

My blue Amp Cell stiff arrives tomorrow.

I hit a bucket of balls tonight with the demo club to make sure last time wasn't a fluke.

32 drives, 2 slices and 3 hooks but nothing too penal.

I really didn't swing well but this driver is super lenient. I'm sure others might be longer, but the consistent ball flight is almost scary. The ball barely moves off line for me.

How did they do that and why won't my other clubs do it ;)

Yup, same experience as you. The 5 - 10 yards sacrificed by not going with the Stage 2 was well worth the tighter dispersion!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Great feedback on the drivers, and I have to agree you have an awesome wife!

My misses gets "annoyed" with me when I tell her I am swapping clubs (selling an old one to fund a new one), let alone going out and buying a new one straight up! Mind you I have done it a fair bit recently ;)

I also just wanted to say that if it wasn't for THP, I probably never would have given the Cobra Amp Cell a chance. Cobra always has never appealed to me and I never considered gaming any of their clubs.

Same with me. While I don't have the Cell, I had the same eye opening last year and have an Amp Offset. It's probably the best all around driver I've had and I hit more fairways with it than any one previously (granted, a lot of that is also due to practice time at the range).

If not for THP, I wouldn't have even given it a shot.

Back