Nead Damascus Putter

Could someone dare put it out on the course?

That putter would be more than $450. If I were a betting man I would say closer to $800 which is still an insane price for a damascus putter. Gene Nead does outstanding work and I'm saving now for my first Nead.

thats what i was thinking too. Damascus = Expensive... I saw a Damascus Scotty on Ebay last week selling for $19,000, lol. and remember the Odyssey Damscus putters that went for $2,000?...yeesh!

thats what i was thinking too. Damascus = Expensive... I saw a Damascus Scotty on Ebay last week selling for $19,000, lol. and remember the Odyssey Damscus putters that went for $2,000?...yeesh!

$19K?? are you serious? that is absolutely insane. well if I paid $800 for a putter I would most definitely game it. $22K...thats a different story

I would play it without hesitation!

Those are my thoughts, but I keep thinking if I were to use a putter like this, would I worry too much about scratching it up? Take price out of the equation, and just think about the looks. Putters do get scratched up quite a bit or can.

Now that is a good looking putter! As for the price I believe it's around the $800 mark. Damascus is a very expensive piece of metal.
Of course you put it in play! I used my Nead damascus just last weekend!

Also, I can't wait to see the article about putters in the summer magazine!!!! That bit of news is very exciting.

Last edited:
Now that is a good looking putter! As for the price I believe it's around the $800 mark. Damascus is a very expensive piece of metal.

Also, I can't wait to see the article about putters in the summer magazine!!!! That bit of news is very exciting.

We have a lineup for summer that some are going to just simply love. Things that they have never seen before. We hope you enjoy it.

Those are my thoughts, but I keep thinking if I were to use a putter like this, would I worry too much about scratching it up? Take price out of the equation, and just think about the looks. Putters do get scratched up quite a bit or can.

A good headcover, treat it like a baby, no one but me rolls it- I don't understand the beat up putter thing though. Mine stay pristine.... maybe I don't practice enough.

I also think that demascus is MUCH more scratch and ding resistant than stainless. That's why it was used in samuri swords- because it would hold the sharpest edge and not wear down. That said, the demascus process used to make the original swords was lost a long time ago. Even the modern equivalents don't match what the japense craftsmen did thousands of years ago, it is just our best guess/attempt.

Could someone dare put it out on the course?

Without a problem! while it is gorgeous to look at something like that was meant to be used and enjoyed.

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see the others.

That putter is simply gorgeous. Even down to the curves of the shaft close to the head. Out of my league, but something special for sure.

Very nice looking putter. I would game it.:act-up:

$19K?? are you serious? that is absolutely insane. well if I paid $800 for a putter I would most definitely game it. $22K...thats a different story

yep, heres a link and photo of it. beautiful putter for sure. but for 19k, i'd rather buy a nice used car

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Rare-SCOT...md=ViewItem&pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item4aa101753a

!BrmiGD!BGk~$(KGrHqEH-EUEvCKlJS79BL0(oMdZY!~~_12.JPG
!BrmiFVg!mk~$(KGrHqEH-CkEvDfY+uemBL0(oIJHm!~~_12.JPG

Sorry but i don't find that putter to be good looking and there is no way in heck I would drop 19 grand for it much less even $500.

I think the Nead is far better looking.

Nead Damascus Putter

China Cat>Rider said:

Somewhere OEM is taking out a line of credit for this....for the discerning golfer of course
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First let me start by saying that this is very nice site and I love the magazine, I have read it cover to cover several times. Thank you for all the great comments about our putter, I wanted to just clear up a few things about it, this putter would sell for 600.00 and is hand made. The material we use is made for special for Nead Custom Putters and is made with several different metals as well as a specific number of folds.
We also make putters from Mokume Gane which is layers of Copper, Nickel and Brass, the Mokume putters are around 800.00
All of the designs we make are available in 1018 Carbon of 303 Stainless Steel and in some cases Copper as well.

Thank you,

Gene Nead

Welcome to THP mr. Nead!
First let me start by saying that this is very nice site and I love the magazine, I have read it cover to cover several times. Thank you for all the great comments about our putter, I wanted to just clear up a few things about it, this putter would sell for 600.00 and is hand made. The material we use is made for special for Nead Custom Putters and is made with several different metals as well as a specific number of folds.
We also make putters from Mokume Gane which is layers of Copper, Nickel and Brass, the Mokume putters are around 800.00
All of the designs we make are available in 1018 Carbon of 303 Stainless Steel and in some cases Copper as well.

Thank you,

Gene Nead

That finish is awesome! Isn't damascus steel what they make the samurai swords out of?

some of my favorite kitchen knives use this process - damascus is like "folded" steel - each fold is then displayed in face of the metal. Pictures do not do it justice - up close it's even more surreal.

Welcome to THP Gene. Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

Beautiful sticks Gene! Thank you for taking the time to make such works of art AND to share them with us!

Welcome to the board Gene!

I had a chance to hit a couple of putts with this putter as well as giving it the once over.

This putter is gorgeous. It reminds me of a Ferrari driving down the road. You just have to look at and admire this work of art. From the milling on the face, to the Damascus steel to the leather wrapped grip, this thing just screams craftsmanship and pride in your work.

Welcome to the board Gene!

I had a chance to hit a couple of putts with this putter as well as giving it the once over.

This putter is gorgeous. It reminds me of a Ferrari driving down the road. You just have to look at and admire this work of art. From the milling on the face, to the Damascus steel to the leather wrapped grip, this thing just screams craftsmanship and pride in your work.

The photos for the magazine came out outstanding. wait until you guys see this putter article.

Back