New 2022 Callaway Bags Discussion

Yup this bag is on the top of my ponder list now. I should work on putting some Callaway clubs in there too.
When I say this bag it is the 14 way low rider one.

For any of the Granddaddy guys that walk and carry, I am curious to hear your thoughts. Ive been in the market for a bag. Originally thought maybe a vessel until I heard about the new release. Would appreciate any guidance on what walking is like.

Thanks!
I'm a HUGE proponent of walking and I carried 90% of my rounds last year. If you alternate between push and carry, I would absolutely reccomend the Fairway +. The lowrider tech is insanely good. Though I preface it with 5lbs for a carry bag doesn't bother me AT ALL. I know others are more sensitive to their carry bag weight.

Also, I obviously can't walk a course right now with the weather so this is all opinion, but I don't think you'll beat the convenience of lowrider (if you push ever) and that extra pound isn't a big deal when it comes down to it for everything else that is in the bag when it's full.
They also have a hyperlite bag that @AT_CG and I were playing 1 handed catch across a conference room with. Standard sized stand bag with enough storage but INSANELY light!

They also have a hyperlite bag that @AT_CG and I were playing 1 handed catch across a conference room with. Standard sized stand bag with enough storage but INSANELY light!
I swear that bag was full of helium!

Skimmer :p But you're way busier than me with what you've been doing the last couple days so totally understandable doc 😁

Fairway C may be one you look at then if you're trying to go lighter. Or the Hyperlite Zero. Especially if you don't need Lowerider tech

The valuables pouch is a wee big.
20220121_165219.jpg

Y’all crazy! I ♥ the elbow-deep valuables pocket.

Org 14 would pretty much be the model at which I'd look if I were going Callaway.

Notice that they don't do FIFTEEN slots (including putter well) like may companies do with their premium cart bag.
I can see the positive side to that.
If you're going to play with fourteen, that emply slot looks like you left a club out on the course.

I'm basically obsessing over colors at this point. Really good chance the Fairway 14 will be ordered on release day.

Org 14 would pretty much be the model at which I'd look if I were going Callaway.

Notice that they don't do FIFTEEN slots (including putter well) like may companies do with their premium cart bag.
I can see the positive side to that.
If you're going to play with fourteen, that emply slot looks like you left a club out on the course.

I have that in my C-130. That's my orange whip or test club spot!

I have that in my C-130. That's my orange whip or test club spot!

C-130 is a very good bag, as is the Titleist Cart 15 StaDry.
None of the major brands make junk, really.

Some pictures of the Fairway C. The pockets are pretty big including the valuables pouch. The legs are pretty stout and fold out very nice.

I like 4-6 way dividers over the 14 way so I might use this bag for G daddy reunions. However, the White/ Kelly Green version is very tempting. Go Eagles.
Hopefully @Sarzar doesn't mind me using her food scale. The 4 lbs 9.9 oz = 4.62 lbs is with the double straps, 4 lb 2.6 oz = 4.16 lbs is with straps removed.

Screenshot_20220121-172519_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220121-172531_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220121-172542_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220121-172552_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220121-172605_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220121-172617_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220121-172650_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220121-172629_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220121-172639_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Great write guys! Love the details and other insights! So now do I go 14-way or Fairway+??

Skimmer :p But you're way busier than me with what you've been doing the last couple days so totally understandable doc 😁
100% missed that one! I read most of them as I was sitting in the airport but clearly missed that one 😅

Great info on some great looking bags. The low rider concept looks very solid.

The only question I have now is if the rivets or fasteners that hold down the fabric in the dividers are covered up with fabric or not, especially on the 14-way. That is probably my biggest complaint about my last Callaway bag. The black paint on my Elevate Tour shafts was getting torn up by the fasteners, particularly on a couple wedges near the ferrules. :(

Just catching up on this too. Incredible...I have a cart bag right now but I basically hate it anytime I have to go to the range. I go out for chipping practice and have to lay it down and frankly it pisses me off everytime haha. This is unbelievably perfect. I really like this. I might be pre-ordering this joker. Fantastic info Grandaddy peeps!

Back