New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

First full round with my Forged Tec Bronze beauties....So I gotta admit. I was with my sons last weekend. My one son who plays off scratch saw my clubs. He says, Dad, those irons look very blade like....So truth be told I have played misc game improvement irons for close to two decades...Callaway Fusion, Mizuno 800/900, Wilson Staff D7....But with the options available for Cobra and the Morgan Cup.....The Bronze Forged Tec were like a vortex pulling me in. My iron game has not per se been a strength for me for quite some time. I drive well as in keeping the ball in play 99% of time. Scrap the approaches near the target. And have a pretty solid short game. OK, so that's a lot of words as intro to ...........as I stand over these beauties, I see a club which screams to me.....you are a player. There's not much offset. They aren't oversized. But some how some way I am hitting them pretty darn well. Today on a par 3 I hit my 5 iron like I usually have. I put a slight push on it which always means short right. But it caught the green and left me with a 20 foot bird putt. The face has a sweet spot which is pretty big. My swings don't deliver lots of feedback....I'm not sure why? But what I am sure of is that the outcomes are better than the feedback I'm getting.
The bronze is beautiful. But as I stand over the ball....the entire club is uniform color. Normally with a chrome club or similar the grooved area is a different shine and the grooves set up cleaner. With the bronze the entire club just blends to my eye. Scrapping out the grooves so they are a different color may be a better option than the full bronze covering.

Oh baby. It was funny I got paired up with some guys today and one of them saw me at the range. Finally on the 3rd hole he asked if I had the Rickie Fowler blades. I laughed and said no, these were the forged tecs. Now to the results. I got into a groove with irons today that I have not had in a while. The long irons are so easy to hit and straight up explode off the face. I was able to get some hop and stop on the PW and GW. These are awesome irons.

Really enjoyed the first full round with these today. Every time I found a green these had enough launch and spin to stop within a couple of feet, even with the mid to long irons, and given my sad tee game at the moment a lot of those were coming out of the rough.
The forgiveness also shined today. Had a few towards the toe that kept me towards the front corner of the green when frankly it’s felt like it should have been worse.
And it may be broken record from me, but these are not one trick ponies. I found myself about 100 yards out behind a tree (see earlier commentary about sad tee game) and was able to flight down a little running nine around with no issue.

These felt so good both on the range and the course. I am getting more traditional distances from them (it’s what I expected with my swing where it is at the moment). Solid performance and really felt great.

I was warned the copper may start to show some wear and mine do. I quite like the look of the wear but understand that some may be turned off by it

I was warned the copper may start to show some wear and mine do. I quite like the look of the wear but understand that some may be turned off by it
Put the first wear mark in mine today. It’s need some friends to get to look I’m hoping for.

Put the first wear mark in mine today. It’s need some friends to get to look I’m hoping for.
The worst is going to your average driving range which uses hard balls....My range time has been reduced much by this. Hence the net in backyard and hit good balls.

The worst is going to your average driving range which uses hard balls....My range time has been reduced much by this. Hence the net in backyard and hit good balls.
Yep! I haven’t been going to the closets one to me as they have quite the assortment of balls.
Not that I needed to buy something else…

do you use any sort of launch monitor when net hitting?

Yep! I haven’t been going to the closets one to me as they have quite the assortment of balls.
Not that I needed to buy something else…

do you use any sort of launch monitor when net hitting?
I have a SC100...nothing fancy. Predominantly I know how I struck the shot by feel. I'm just working on trying to improve swing speed.

I hit my first shot out of the desert with the Cu GW and the club survived. Lol. The irons get a wipe down with a wet towel instead of putting the clubs in the club washers with brushes.

Ordering the Forged Tec Copper irons today, 5 thru PW with Steel regular shafts & 1/2 inch short. Lofts are perfect for my game. 4 to 6 weeks.

Loving my coppers. The distance is pretty much what I was getting with my previous set. They look so nice. However, be prepared for some wear. Even a few shots will start to show wear on the coppers.

We were told about it and I said I still wanted them because I like the look of wear. If you won’t like the wear look, I’d suggest looking at the silver ones.

Still, no matter your choice, you can’t complain about their performance!

264B77AD-6F33-4666-B865-FCFA0F5CEE88.jpegA89D578C-93BF-420A-95DC-E04D81852D6B.jpegB197D1B4-539E-4218-8E4C-F4325079DD32.jpeg

Loving my coppers. The distance is pretty much what I was getting with my previous set. They look so nice. However, be prepared for some wear. Even a few shots will start to show wear on the coppers.

We were told about it and I said I still wanted them because I like the look of wear. If you won’t like the wear look, I’d suggest looking at the silver ones.

Still, no matter your choice, you can’t complain about their performance!

View attachment 9013639View attachment 9013640View attachment 9013641

Those are fantastic! I’m excited for you guys and all of these great Morgan Cup setups.

A few time this weekend seeing the sun hit the copper it was so good!
And beyond the looks, starting to get comfortable with these. Dropped several darts with the low irons.
Biggest compliment was from my long time golf buddies is that they can’t recall me ever hitting irons like I have over the past two rounds this weekend.

Last edited:
I've got to stop reading this thread. 4 to 6 weeks on my order. I can't take it any more. Maybe go to PGASS and hit a few copper demo's, if they have them.

Mine are well and truly bedded in now. As long as I remember to align, grip and swing properly I have no complaints.

I had my best ever comp score (72) with them a few rounds back, so they are certainly doing something right.

Still love these irons. Played a tough round on Saturday but these still shined. I am absolutely loving the 5i as it is consistent and workable. I have yet to hit the 4i in a round. The copper gets attention every time I go to the range or course and always starts a conversation. I need to gap these suckers as I am getting thrown off a lot by how far they go. Also I need to flight them better as I had a few shots into the wind that were knocked down pretty bad after good strikes. All end user error so far.

Starting to see a bit of wear as expected for those curious. Still loving the ball flight I am seeing with these.

IMG_2505.JPG

Great thread - me and one of my partners were talking about our 1980ish set up recently. This made me think what it must have been like for the seasoned golfers back then, yes played their whole life with small wooden headed drivers with steel shafts, bladed irons, bullseye putters. Me, I appreciate the forgiveness of modern clubs.
Starting to see a bit of wear as expected for those curious. Still loving the ball flight I am seeing with these.

View attachment 9014204
Doesn't look like much, if any, wear.

Doesn't look like much, if any, wear.
It's not a lot and 90% came from a fairway bunker shot.

The best way I would describe it is yes, they will wear, but I don't expect to have naked clubs by the end of the year by any means.

Last edited:
Great news this morning. Ordered the copper version, 5 thru PW, 2 weeks ago. Got an email that FedEx will deliver this Friday. :twist:(y);)

20210625_090306.jpg20210625_090252.jpg There has been some conversation about wear and markings on the Copper face. This iron has been hit over a hundred times...But never has it hit a ball other than a good ball. Go to the range hit beat up pinnacles with dirt on them and yes...markings will happen. Not my babies...Ha

Ordered them Jun 17th and they arrived today. Stock except for 1/2" short.

6 25 01 king forged tec copper e.jpg

Comparing my gamer Mizuno T Zoid Comp EZ 5 iron.

6 25 01 king forged tec copper d.jpg

Mizuno T Zoid Comp EZ 7 iron

6 25 01 king forged tec copper c.jpg

Mizuno T Zoid Comp EZ 9 iron

6 25 01 king forged tec copper b.jpg

Absolute Beauty

6 25 01 king forged tec copper a.jpg

I am starting not to like these clubs. They are conversation starters and really I don't want to talk to all of these people. :ROFLMAO:

The copper is starting to wear a lot on some clubs but it still looks good. Mostly on the sole of the club, the face has impact marks but not wearing. The gap wedge was the biggest leap for me but I have not missed a beat with it. It is getting the yardage I need and has good stopping power on the green. The 4 iron is still the only club on 0 shots in Arccos. I have not hit the 4 iron in the 2 recorded rounds on Arccos nor have I hit it in the 5 or so other rounds I have played with the irons. It goes great on the range but I have not needed the club on course yet.

I am starting not to like these clubs. They are conversation starters and really I don't want to talk to all of these people. :ROFLMAO:

The copper is starting to wear a lot on some clubs but it still looks good. Mostly on the sole of the club, the face has impact marks but not wearing. The gap wedge was the biggest leap for me but I have not missed a beat with it. It is getting the yardage I need and has good stopping power on the green. The 4 iron is still the only club on 0 shots in Arccos. I have not hit the 4 iron in the 2 recorded rounds on Arccos nor have I hit it in the 5 or so other rounds I have played with the irons. It goes great on the range but I have not needed the club on course yet.
Lets see some pics!

Back