New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I was back up on the launch monitor with the stock 7 iron at my local retailer during lunch. I was seeing some ball speed that truly surprised me. As high as 124 ball speed with a 7 iron is beyond what I am used to seeing, other than with the Epic Forged irons. I was seeing consistent launch of a little over 20 degrees, spin in the mid 5000 range and descent of about 47. I can’t remember being this excited about a set of irons for a long time.
That descent is so money. Balls going to stop on a dime.

The weather here turned to winter suddenly. This past week, we had snow on the ground and temperatures in the teens. However, today is a sunny, calm day, with temperatures that are supposed to be around 50 degrees. The irons are on the delivery truck, to be delivered today. I am hopefully I can go try them during this little respite in the weather. I don’t normally feel great excitement to get something in hand, although I always love trying new equipment, but something about these really has me stoked.

Here we go. E69ED4F7-6BF0-402E-8AD8-F225801FB741.jpeg

I know that SteelFiber is a polarizing shaft, but wow, these look good with the MCC +4 grey grips and the SteelFibers. 66C76910-C8C6-42CD-AD6D-8D11F4BD85C9.jpeg5DCF8237-E387-4DBD-B19C-039EC73F3406.jpeg

I have one range session in with these and the length travels from the launch monitor to the green grass. I was hitting a 7 iron on the range well past a flag that my rangefinder said was 166 yards out. Then I also got in a round.

Right now, my swing is in shambles. I had 4 sh__nks, which ruined my score, but in those instances when I made pure strikes, I was everything I could ever hope for out of these irons. I am second guessing my choice of shaft now, because, honestly, the stock $ Taper was a bit easier to release for me. These SteelFiber in stiff may be just a tad too much shaft (I previously had gone regular in the SteelFibers). My spin may not quite be where I need it, but I will have to see after my swing is repaired.

I saw tremendous distance out on the course with well struck shots, even in weather that was hovering around 50 degrees. The irons feel awesome and sound great. It is early, but I may be willing to say already that these are the best hollow, players distance irons I have ever tried. They are so much like the P790s, but better. That is saying a lot for me.

Oh, and here is a par 3 when I middled a 7 iron:73FFC28F-911D-4C71-BD17-6BF99218EE99.png

My ponder urgency on these elevated dramatically today and I didn't even hit my irons all that poorly.

I just... kind of want them. Haven't stopped thinking about them since I walked away from the car last weekend.

I have one range session in with these and the length travels from the launch monitor to the green grass. I was hitting a 7 iron on the range well past a flag that my rangefinder said was 166 yards out. Then I also got in a round.

Right now, my swing is in shambles. I had 4 sh__nks, which ruined my score, but in those instances when I made pure strikes, I was everything I could ever hope for out of these irons. I am second guessing my choice of shaft now, because, honestly, the stock $ Taper was a bit easier to release for me. These SteelFiber in stiff may be just a tad too much shaft (I previously had gone regular in the SteelFibers). My spin may not quite be where I need it, but I will have to see after my swing is repaired.

I saw tremendous distance out on the course with well struck shots, even in weather that was hovering around 50 degrees. The irons feel awesome and sound great. It is early, but I may be willing to say already that these are the best hollow, players distance irons I have ever tried. They are so much like the P790s, but better. That is saying a lot for me.

Oh, and here is a par 3 when I middled a 7 iron:View attachment 8913616
Wow. Big 7i. How far do you normally hit a 7?

My ponder urgency on these elevated dramatically today and I didn't even hit my irons all that poorly.

I just... kind of want them. Haven't stopped thinking about them since I walked away from the car last weekend.
Are you officially on the clock?

Yes, because it's eating at my soul right now haha

Not excited about cold weather golf with these CBs either. Sounds kinda painful, man.
We can't have your soul eaten at... sounds serious... so I say you strike soon and try to get some golf in before its too cold. Drs orders!

6i w/DG105 is in the cart. Might use the trade in option.

Yes, because it's eating at my soul right now haha

Not excited about cold weather golf with these CBs either. Sounds kinda painful, man.

????????????

If you bought them last weekend when you were pressured you would've had them on course today :LOL:

Hi,

The Project X Catalyst are the Stock graphite shaft for these right? Can anyone tell me about those? Does the regular play firm? I am going to our local supplier for a fitting but not sure they will have all the shafts available (we're in NZ). I have played One Length for 2 years and will be staying on that pathway.

Wow. Big 7i. How far do you normally hit a 7?

I always give the caveat that I play at elevation, so keep that in mind. This tee box is slightly elevated as well. My normal 7 iron where I play is about 170. With the elevated box, add 10 yards, so I figure this was about a 180 yard shot, so it is about 10 yards longer than normal. They say that at 4000 feet you gain about 5%, so let’s say at sea level, I would normally pull a 7 iron if I had 160-ish to the green. I figure this would give me a little more than 170, so it’s a pretty long iron set. Hope that all made sense.

Hi,

The Project X Catalyst are the Stock graphite shaft for these right? Can anyone tell me about those? Does the regular play firm? I am going to our local supplier for a fitting but not sure they will have all the shafts available (we're in NZ). I have played One Length for 2 years and will be staying on that pathway.

Catalyst are great graphite option. Not firm to flex but very true in the 80g option. Offer feedback on almost all shots both good and bad but definitely play similar to steel but without the harshness normally associated with off center strikes.

Catalyst are great graphite option. Not firm to flex but very true in the 80g option. Offer feedback on almost all shots both good and bad but definitely play similar to steel but without the harshness normally associated with off center strikes.
I was just typing a message to @ you.

I usually play a 105-120g shaft in stiff flex, and found that the Catalyst 80 6.0 worked very well for me. I think that these shafts like to be loaded, and I am not sure I could do that in the 100s properly. If I was buying blind, which it sounds @MarkTat you may be doing, I would probably go with the 80s in your standard shaft flex.

Got my set today to challenge my HMBs. I also have a super hybrid so complete bag over haul.

Back