New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Anyone else been testing the forgiveness across the face on these irons like myself? I find they are pretty darn forgiving when struck heel side more than to but I'm getting away with some strikes that I NEVER would have last year playing blades. Technology is sooooo worth it for us mortals haha

I tested out the entire face on Monday. Especially low toe side. :oops:

Anyone else been testing the forgiveness across the face on these irons like myself? I find they are pretty darn forgiving when struck heel side more than to but I'm getting away with some strikes that I NEVER would have last year playing blades. Technology is sooooo worth it for us mortals haha
Agree completely. Not only is the forgiveness there, but the iron sounds and feels solid on some pretty wild misses.

The hosel is not very forgiving. Just a warning...

Switched iron shafts and it’s made a big difference in accuracy and overall control (my problem, not the irons fault)

CC fit me in to 2 separate 115g shafts with a more active tip. Indoors on launch monitors it was hard to argue with results although I never loved the feel of them. Coming from project x 6.5, I saw 1mph extra swing speed but 7mph extra ball speed. That led to on avg 10 yards extra carry w/ more spin .... but once I got to the course i had a huge problem missing left. My last few rounds with c-taper lite’s I hit 4,7, and 5 GIR. TERRIBLE! The distance was there yes but was hitting huge 30 yard draws all day

switched to standard C-taper which is much more stiff and and then ball flight has been very neutral. I’ve give up about 5 yards but I’ll take it. I have a much more reliable flight now and the Forged Tec’s are long enough already. 2 range sessions in and 1 round so far and I love the clubs even more now that I have the right shafts

I’m pretty thrilled with the Forged Tec irons right now. I’m still getting used to the longer shafts and the graphite, but they sound great and have been consistent with a one way miss. I eliminated the right side all day, so I felt ok regardless over the ball.

I just dropped my set off to be built with the Recoil 110 Protos. Very excited.

My driver is usually a strength, but not today. My Arccos acted up and shut off after 10 holes, but I was hitting the one length forged tec really well and they bailed me out on the bad tee shots. These just flat out perform. My approach play is rarely in single digits like it was today.

C1BE7181-858D-40CD-B5EE-1D596B045C5A.png

These continue to impress - between these and the MIM wedges my GIRs stats have been pretty freaking good

In my last three rounds GIRs are as follows:

9/18
8/18
8/18

Now to figure out how to putt... POP!
Well, I can certainly off the tee and putt. Just saying...

Switched iron shafts and it’s made a big difference in accuracy and overall control (my problem, not the irons fault)

CC fit me in to 2 separate 115g shafts with a more active tip. Indoors on launch monitors it was hard to argue with results although I never loved the feel of them. Coming from project x 6.5, I saw 1mph extra swing speed but 7mph extra ball speed. That led to on avg 10 yards extra carry w/ more spin .... but once I got to the course i had a huge problem missing left. My last few rounds with c-taper lite’s I hit 4,7, and 5 GIR. TERRIBLE! The distance was there yes but was hitting huge 30 yard draws all day

switched to standard C-taper which is much more stiff and and then ball flight has been very neutral. I’ve give up about 5 yards but I’ll take it. I have a much more reliable flight now and the Forged Tec’s are long enough already. 2 range sessions in and 1 round so far and I love the clubs even more now that I have the right shafts
Are you seeing straighter flight? I have been battling the lefts with my irons all season and may need to look into a change.

Are you seeing straighter flight? I have been battling the lefts with my irons all season and may need to look into a change.
100% straighter!! Flattening the lie angles with c-taper lites helped.... but with the regular C-taper's now its a much more controlled, straight flight. I even have a slight push miss now and love it. Left side is virtually eliminated. The push miss has been right side fringe to 5 yards off. The huge left draw miss was 20+ yards left of the green constantly with c-taper lite

I react better to heavier

100% straighter!! Flattening the lie angles with c-taper lites helped.... but with the regular C-taper's now its a much more controlled, straight flight. I even have a slight push miss now and love it. Left side is virtually eliminated. The push miss has been right side fringe to 5 yards off. The huge left draw miss was 20+ yards left of the green constantly with c-taper lite

I react better to heavier
I swear, I just need to order everything you order. Our issues seem to always be the same. Problem is... it would be near impossible to keep up :)

I'm going to get on camera to see if my recently rediscovered hooks are entirely my swing or partly my swing and lie angle. All I know is that I love the heads - the shafts seem to be fine too once I adjust.

I'm going to get on camera to see if my recently rediscovered hooks are entirely my swing or partly my swing and lie angle. All I know is that I love the heads - the shafts seem to be fine too once I adjust.
I was having this issue and it was a combo of both. Flattened my lies out from 0.5 degrees to 2 degrees from 4 to GW and fixed my overly aggressive closed face on my backswing. So last round I hit 8 GIR. Now my miss is also a slight fade which is so much better than a pull hook.

Last round with them coming up Thursday for me, and then they're coming apart. Have really had fun playing them these last six months. I will forever recommend the mighty Forged TECs. (y)

I had a pretty good day with them today. 12 GIR and 9 legitimate birdie putts. The greens had just been sanded and it was nearly impossible to put a good roll on the ball. Just love the Forged Tecs.

I had a pretty good day with them today. 12 GIR and 9 legitimate birdie putts. The greens had just been sanded and it was nearly impossible to put a good roll on the ball. Just love the Forged Tecs.
12 GIR is the recipe for success. Nice shooting!

This legit has the makings of an even par round. Tell me I’m right

This legit has the makings of an even par round. Tell me I’m right

I really think I might have broken par today if there wasn’t a layer of sand on the greens. One of my greatest pet peeves is to show up at the course and see that the greens are brown. I feel like the course should put a warning on its website. However, yes, if I can play like I did today, my game is back and I think I can break par.

I have tested the entire face, in fact the sweetspot is relatively unscathed thus far :ROFLMAO: Off centre hits are fantastic though, not a great loss of distance and stay straight. Has got me out of jail a couple of times when I've hit them a little thin, still get the elevation without too much drop off. Almost like magic...

Ordered these almost 3mweeks ago. Should arrive soon I hope. I ordered 1 flat and 1/4 inch short which hopefully will be better for me at 5’8.

I think length should flatten another half degree iirc.
Traditionally most clubs I tend to prefer lie angle 60 to 60.5.

I know shaft will affect dynamic lie. Will hopefully find out soon.

Meanwhile I fell out of lust with my FTB. The AMT shafts feel heavy in the shorter irons and they are about a club shorter from 6iron down compared to my srixon z565.

Others have mentioned it and I will confirm my experience. This is a head that is easy to turn right to left. If you struggle with a hook, you will definitely want to consider ordering these a degree or two flat. I normally fit a standard lie very well. I ordered my Forged Tecs one degree flat and I am glad that I did.

I won't be seeing mine for another month at least due to the Modus shafts being out of stock...........:cry:

Back