New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

My last few posts in here were about the GW - and not getting along with it, well my last round, I was hitting it really and it was doing what it was supposed to. Still a draw on it, but nice high controlled draw.

My last shot from the right rough was 124 yards according to Cobra Connect landed on the pin and rolled 10 ft buy, 2 putted and didn't save the Par, but definitely had me perplexed or it at least knows I might be giving it the boot soon :LOL::ROFLMAO::D

Never let them think they have you.

Best round ever with the irons last night, 12/18 GiR and 1 under gross on the par 3s. They went long, straight and launched like an absolute dream. My only issue is that I seem to have a gap between PW and 9i of about 20 yards. My 9i is around the 150 club, but the PW seems to top out at around 130ish, whereas the 52 MIM is my 125-130 club. Might need to get the lofts looked at to close the gap, but all in all I would not change a thing about these clubs. They just flat out perform for me.

Best round ever with the irons last night, 12/18 GiR and 1 under gross on the par 3s. They went long, straight and launched like an absolute dream. My only issue is that I seem to have a gap between PW and 9i of about 20 yards. My 9i is around the 150 club, but the PW seems to top out at around 130ish, whereas the 52 MIM is my 125-130 club. Might need to get the lofts looked at to close the gap, but all in all I would not change a thing about these clubs. They just flat out perform for me.

Congrats dude!!! I bet you’re riding a Cloud9 High!

I really need to smooth out and smooth my tempo to maximize these. Straight high bombs when I do that

This gapping in the wedges of the set remains a complete mystery.

Very strange, I don't see where guys are seeing all this extra distance? I'm not seeing it at all, my distances seem to be what they are no matter what
They weren't noticeably longer for me either. About the same as some higher lofted sets, really. I might be wrong, but I believe @Canadan had said he didn't have big distance gains with his either. Didn't make them any less fun to play, and I still think they're excellent clubs that would fit a ton of people well.

They weren't noticeably longer for me either. About the same as some higher lofted sets, really. I might be wrong, but I believe @Canadan had said he didn't have big distance gains with his either. Didn't make them any less fun to play, and I still think they're excellent clubs that would fit a ton of people well.

Where I noticed the distance gains were in the 6 Through 8 irons. I was hitting my 6 iron about 190, whereas I normally hit it somewhere between 180 and 185. This may be what creates the gap with the wedges, not so much that the wedges are extremely short, but that they are about the same as other sets, whereas the longer irons are longer for me.

I should also add, though, that the longer distances are not flyers, which some complain about with hollow body irons or other player distance profiles. The distances with the Forged Tecs are exceptionally consistent.

Awesome 👏. So happy to hear about your great round.

Yags said his team is going to run some tests, and see if it is a CG thing in the PW/GW - back of the queue as they have some stuff to prep for 2021
I knew Yags would be all over it. If there's ac issue they will get it straight!!

Yags said his team is going to run some tests, and see if it is a CG thing in the PW/GW - back of the queue as they have some stuff to prep for 2021

This is really interesting, cool info.

More likely than not it's my wonky ass swing HA

I honestly do not believe that it is, joking aside. It has come up too frequently in people’s assessments.

More likely than not it's my wonky ass swing HA
One of these days I'll have to find a way to enjoy a couple glasses of Woodford Reserve with @Master Yagley and enjoy the conversation!! Those on both teams don't miss the opportunity to talk with both him and @LittleRat! They are two of the most incredible guys to hang out with.

One of these days I'll have to find a way to enjoy a couple glasses of Woodford Reserve with @Master Yagley and enjoy the conversation!! Those on both teams don't miss the opportunity to talk with both him and @LittleRat! They are two of the most incredible guys to hang out with.

Yeah, just stay away from rocky beaches.

I honestly do not believe that it is, joking aside. It has come up too frequently in people’s assessments.

Absolutely for the GW.

Where I noticed the distance gains were in the 6 Through 8 irons. I was hitting my 6 iron about 190, whereas I normally hit it somewhere between 180 and 185. This may be what creates the gap with the wedges, not so much that the wedges are extremely short, but that they are about the same as other sets, whereas the longer irons are longer for me.
I'd agree with that. 6 through 9 for me are about 10 yards on average longer than my Callaway Rogue Pros that I had before, but the PW is back down to the distances I had with my Ping G25 wedge a while ago. It may well be that I play a lot of chip and runs, and chip outs from trees etc with the PW and I've just not played enough rounds for it to catch up yet. Time will tell..

Anyone have any knowledge how these would compare to the JPX 919 Hot Metals? I am in the market to get into something forged, and I kind of like the look of these. How are they forgiveness wise?

Anyone have any knowledge how these would compare to the JPX 919 Hot Metals? I am in the market to get into something forged, and I kind of like the look of these. How are they forgiveness wise?
Forgiveness wise they are fantastic in my view. I’m not an especially good ball striker by any means and was worried whether I had the game for them. Absolutely no worries at all, even if you don’t catch it out of the screws there is very little distance loss. Pair it with the right shaft and these things just launch forever.

Forgiveness wise they are fantastic in my view. I’m not an especially good ball striker by any means and was worried whether I had the game for them. Absolutely no worries at all, even if you don’t catch it out of the screws there is very little distance loss. Pair it with the right shaft and these things just launch forever.

Did you go one length in them?

Back