New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Best shot of the round, arguably best shot with the FTs since I've had them in the bag.

9th Hole Par 3 200 yards downhill usually plays around 180ish

2 club wind in or face

back of the stance low "stinger" hit it perfectly, felt/sounded amazing, nice penetrating flight through the wind, front edge 15-20 ft putt for birdie

(haven't sniffed the green on this hole in the last 5 rounds I've played at my home course)

Love these when my swing is on, even when it's off distance loss is minimal #PlayersDistance

Anyone else not seeing the distance gains touted with these? Bought into the hype and got these to replace my Srixon z565 irons but seem to hit those further.

The one thing these seem to do well is go straight . Very little curve on the ball flight but I find I am 5 to 7 yards shorter than with my srixons.

Im in the same exact situation. Have not seen any gains with distance, feel etc. Gone back to my 565's.

Irons were better today. Seems to get me the distance back on the 5through7 irons. Grips definitely affecting me. Think I am leaving shots right a bit more as it is harder to turn the face over.

I tried to exaggerate closing face and ball was straighter and longer.
Will try to regroup soon and see.

These irons have been endlessly in my mind over the last few months. My time with them at Hammock beach just activated a deep interest in spending long periods of time with them on the range and course this year.

I'm either going Recoil proto 110 or the even trusted Tour V. I think both shafts would make for a perfect combination, with my intentions of going full graphite well ahead of any other potential. Time to give the body a bit of a break when it comes to shafts.

Also, need to figure out how to get the blue screws in the normal length heads haha! SUCH a good look.

Just ordered a set yesterday. Wished I could get the blue screws too!

Irons were better today. Seems to get me the distance back on the 5through7 irons. Grips definitely affecting me. Think I am leaving shots right a bit more as it is harder to turn the face over.

I tried to exaggerate closing face and ball was straighter and longer.
Will try to regroup soon and see.
Is funny, I'm exactly the opposite. Finding I'm tugging them left a lot more than I had with other clubs, seems that I'm closing the face more than I should be doing. Part of me thinks that because I don't have any markings on the grips that I'm finding it harder to set up square, but that could just be a complete excuse to cover my lack of skill!

Maybe your iron are too upright

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Is funny, I'm exactly the opposite. Finding I'm tugging them left a lot more than I had with other clubs, seems that I'm closing the face more than I should be doing. Part of me thinks that because I don't have any markings on the grips that I'm finding it harder to set up square, but that could just be a complete excuse to cover my lack of skill!
I went to a local store and worked through all of my clubs on a GC Quad to analyze toe angle at impact, loft, distance gapping, etc. Seems to have helped as my last round I had 4 more GIR than I have been averaging. I ended up moving all of my clubs a little more flat to get the toe down more at impact.

I ended up ordering a set of OL 5-GW with Recoil ESX. They finally came on Thursday and I was able to play them today after one range session on Friday. I was hesitant, but I really enjoyed them today. I had some crappy shots of course, but that was due to some really poor swings. Once I got myself sorted though, I was in heaven. Even when I didn't have the best swing and struck it way out of the toe, it still went most of the way there and stuck the green. Thanks @OITW and @e1iterate for egging me on

I ended up ordering a set of OL 5-GW with Recoil ESX. They finally came on Thursday and I was able to play them today after one range session on Friday. I was hesitant, but I really enjoyed them today. I had some crappy shots of course, but that was due to some really poor swings. Once I got myself sorted though, I was in heaven. Even when I didn't have the best swing and struck it way out of the toe, it still went most of the way there and stuck the green. Thanks @OITW and @e1iterate for egging me on

Yeah buddy!!!

Awesome!!! Can’t wait to hear more feedback from you in the coming weeks.

just to reiterate, well struck shots on these are sublime, love the sound of a flushed 5i

been hitting iron shots thin off the deck as my miss and generally getting on the green which is great for the forgiveness

just to reiterate, well struck shots on these are sublime, love the sound of a flushed 5i

been hitting iron shots thin off the deck as my miss and generally getting on the green which is great for the forgiveness
Today it was a flushed 6i, but I know the sound you're talking about.

I went to a local store and worked through all of my clubs on a GC Quad to analyze toe angle at impact, loft, distance gapping, etc. Seems to have helped as my last round I had 4 more GIR than I have been averaging. I ended up moving all of my clubs a little more flat to get the toe down more at impact.
I wonder if that could be the problem, should maybe go and get another check. All my previous fittings had me in a slightly flat setup, but these were fitted standard so that might make sense. Although it could well be my swing going a bit wonky, that is much more like it...

These irons have taken my short and mid irons from probably the worst part of my game to nearly the best in about one month. I looked hard at hollow bodies a year ago but the sound and feel weren't worth it with what I tried at the time. But these, these are amazing.

The forgiveness is much better than I expected. You have to be way off not to end up near your target and distance. I hope you enjoy these as much as i have.

The forgiveness is much better than I expected. You have to be way off not to end up near your target and distance. I hope you enjoy these as much as i have.
That was the one thing that I was most surprised about. I was worried I maybe didn't have the ball striking to do these justice, but the forgiveness has just been off the charts. Easy to hit and launch, still needs a decent swing put on them but no real loss of distance if you don't quite catch them.

Played these about half the season. Really liked them but probably moving on...

These irons have taken my short and mid irons from probably the worst part of my game to nearly the best in about one month. I looked hard at hollow bodies a year ago but the sound and feel weren't worth it with what I tried at the time. But these, these are amazing.
The sound steals the show, right? It's almost unfair to other hollow body irons.

Anyone else not seeing the distance gains touted with these? Bought into the hype and got these to replace my Srixon z565 irons but seem to hit those further.

The one thing these seem to do well is go straight . Very little curve on the ball flight but I find I am 5 to 7 yards shorter than with my srixons.
I see the gains, specifically in the longer irons, 5, 6, 7 even the 8. But the shorter irons not so much. And I like it that way as long as the gaps are good. The shorter irons still feel great without being "hot". I'm very happy with these irons, and I'm not just saying that because of the MC.

Why are you moving on?
Going back to trusty srixon z745 combo and regroup. Moved to graphite shafts and trying to figure out what works. The Forged Tecs have Recoil 95 F4, but not sure I am sold on the recoils. Did see nice distance without having to swing out of my shoes. Probably will put them up on the marketplace for a good deal that I will pass on since got them from JMAN.

I hit these irons the best I have over the weekend since I got them. Distance was insane! A good solid 7i for me is in that 170-180 range. Obviously thinner air in Vegas but one shot that sticks out is 188 during shamble with my partner @OITW and I went with 7i as I had hit a 6i earlier in the round pretty far. Thought this 7 would be just right.

Anyway, I hit it right at the flag and I am screaming for it to be good. Get up there and I’m off the back of the green and can see where the ball hit. Ball had to carry 195-200. Just insane.

These are so stinking good. Will be in my bag for the foreseeable future.

Back