New Game Golf system

Have they given any idea of when the Android capability will be ready?

Have they given any idea of when the Android capability will be ready?

You, a few others, and I know what "working on it" can sometimes be. Several people were interested in making it available ASAP, so I'm hoping by March.

Was serious until I just found out that with shipping up here I'll be playing $315.... Too steep, I'll just keep my golflogix app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pricey huh? I'm gonna do the same for a while, definitely something that I would like down the line tho.

That pricey huh? I'm gonna do the same for a while, definitely something that I would like down the line tho.

I can't complain about my golflogix app at all even though I have to input my numbers. I would definitely want this eventually as well but, $315 CND is just way too much.

I'm all in and maybe I missed it, but how does it track your ball?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

With GPS.

Oh I see the device picks up where you click it before your swing. Makes sense I suppose.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Oh I see the device picks up where you click it before your swing. Makes sense I suppose.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Exactly.

I'm hoping THP gets one soon to review, I think I'm all in. I've only been waiting for skycaddies version for this for 3 years now.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I'm hoping THP gets one soon to review, I think I'm all in. I've only been waiting for skycaddies version for this for 3 years now.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

There are several of us who bought the device and will have tons of info in the near future.

Was serious until I just found out that with shipping up here I'll be playing $315.... Too steep, I'll just keep my golflogix app

I might be interested in the code if it is transferable

I might be interested in the code if it is transferable

I'll let you know as I'm still debating on taking a little pinch for it, it comes out to $279 for me when I use the code I found out

I sent this out to a few people, but they closed down the testing forum and moved a lot of that information to the support page. Drill down to what information/questions you would like to look at. Will give my thoughts later this week once they've made some announcements.

http://support.gamegolf.com/

Definitely need this. Where do I sign up. :)

How can you be an elite hunter if you don't hunt with an Elite Hunter?

New Game Golf system

I have until midnight Monday before my reservation code expires to decide and I think I'm opening my wallet for it even though I have to wait until April to play with it

New Game Golf system

So forget it, I'll wait until it's available in Canada somehow, as I was about to checkout since with the code it was $279 (without the code was $315 CND)
And I found out the taxes made it $315 anyways....?
So whoever wants my reservation code can take it as I have no use for it. W0BbJ5PH0W - enjoy
P.s. It's only valid until midnight tonight (20th) PST

Last edited:
From game golf...
LIVE Twitter Q&A with Graeme McDowell
Join us for a LIVE Q&A WITH GRAEME MCDOWELL
Wednesday 22nd at 4pm Eastern
JOIN THE Q&A - on Wednesday send your questions via Twitter using hashtag #GAMEGOLFPGA and view Graeme's answers here http://bit.ly/1b8I612

GET PGA SHOW UPDATES - GAME GOLF is launching this week at the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando. Follow us on Twitter @gameyourgame to receive updates from the show

AT THE SHOW? - If you're going to be at the show please come and visit us at booth #4659 - located in the PGA Partners Area.

MOST EXAMPLES HAVE BEEN PUT IN SPOILERS

• GAME GOLF tracking device (Coin for size comparison)
  • 18 tags for your clubs
  • USB cable
  • Protective pouch

Early last year a few of us opted in to the early development stage and tossed a few hard earned dollars their way. The savings that was offered to those that did, seemed like a fair trade off to the estimated (now confirmed) MSRP of $250. I was also fortunate enough to gain access to the early Customer Validation Phase (Testing) and hoped to be able to get more data in, but the weather did not hold out for me this winter.

This is in no way associated with THP, but wanted to give you some thoughts and shots.

I have most of the tags installed on my clubs, but you can see my putter and the four extra tags they send you sitting on the bag. You can assign any tag to any club so if you lose one, the extras (Star, Circle, Diamond, Triangle) can be assigned to the lost piece. You may have more hybrids, fairway woods, or wedges than a standard set, those extras can be assigned to those as well and leave the engraved tags you don't use aside. I carry my putter tag in my pocket due to having my Z3w counter balanced with a tour lock system.

SETUP:
If you can put a tee in the ground, you can be up and running with this system in a matter of minutes. Simply twist the tags into your clubs, charge the unit and your off!

To do it justice, you really need to create your account and set up your bag. Neither my Nike VRs Forged, nor my Adams CMB's were in the drop down menu, but adding them was very easy.
Spoiler
bag2.png
bag.png

Once your bag is setup, you can hit the course.
EASE OF USE:
Couldn't get much easier actually. Just make sure you turn the unit on 3-5 minutes before you get to the first tee box. This will not work on the range as it depends on movement to your next shot...course only. The power button does require a little pressure to turn on and off. This prevents the unit from doing either when you do not want it to.

• The main unit attaches to your belt (highly recommend) but can also be put in your pocket or attached to the waistband if you are not wearing a belt. During the testing phase feedback was given to make the unit more secure, they answered and changed the clip to provide more friction on the final product.
  • When you are at address, simply "Tag" the end of your club to the unit. You will feel a series of vibrations as notification to swing away. There are also lights on the unit for a visual, but I've never looked at them. You have plenty of time (appx 1 minute) to take your shot after the tag. A change in routines may be necessary if you take a lot of practice swings, but you get the idea.
  • Put the club back in your bag and head to your next shot, when ready...tag
  • Once on the green, you will tag your putter before "each" putt. The system tracks the distance (short/medium/long) of your putts as well. A big plus. Obviously due to the accuracy of GPS, distance in feet are not given.
  • No need to tag the pin, it automatically knows (by a method of cutting the green into thirds) where the pin should be based on your putts. I do recommend you make a mental note of where the pin actually is, you may need to move it during the editing phase.
  • Once your round is over, turn off the unit. If you plan on playing more than that round, you will need to turn it off and then back on so that it knows your progressing on another adventure.
  • When your at your computer, simply plug in the device via USB. If you haven't already installed the software, it will automatically ask and start the download. Any updates (I've seen two) will be applied at this time as well.
  • Log in and hit the transfer button on your PC and your round is uploaded (18 holes appx 1 minute).
  • Your round is now in your account, you can edit it now or save for later. I recommend doing it while the round is fresh in your mind.

SIGNING YOUR CARD:

Here is where the time is consumed with the process. The device has no external buttons to push and you do not know if you've missed a tag. There were no screen shots taken, but basically look over your round to see if there are any missed tags, pins needed adjusted on the green, etc. This is the ONLY time you can adjust shots (draging them on the screen) to the proper location or add missed tags. Using your scorecard, phone app, or whatever means you normally do to keep score helps a ton in this process to compare.

Making sure each tag is correct will help you in the long run, take the time to do it now. Once you hit the "Sign Your Card" button, the round is locked forever (for now anyway, many requests to be able to edit it after the fact because we are human and forget or overlook things).

As with all tracking applications, the more data you have the better the information it can provide. Your done and can now start to review your progress.

STATS:

This could get longer easily, so I will try and be brief and use pictures for what you see on the web. An Android version is not available just yet, so I was unable to see what the IOS application provides to you on the course. The only information I can see is when I'm at a computer. Hovering with your mouse over each shot will give you the club you used and the result in distance.

Dashboard...this is your home screen when you log in. It gives you some general information at a glance as well as accomplishments you've achieved.
Spoiler
Dashboard%20front.png
Accomplishments.png

Your last round is in the background of the dashboard, you can click on it to view that round quickly. Click on a hole across the bottom for club selection and distances for each shot.
Spoiler
Hole%20Stats.png

You can also zoom in on a hole and the quality is outstanding to see each shot. It will not show you the flight path of a draw, fade, pull, slice, etc but it will show you "as the crow flys".
Spoiler
Hole%20View.png
Closeup1.png
Closeup2.png

CLUB TRACKING:
You can drill down to each club specific distances as well. Here is where the system falls way short in my opinion. The information obtained, both in accuracy and without even having to think to much about it is great. However, you CAN NOT delete a shot that should not be included in your averages for that club. My PW for example:
Stats.png

I use it for a lot of different shots and the longer pitches or bump and runs come into play. You couldn't use the information that I assume is on the app to remember your distance for that particular club on the course. Granted, I have a pretty good idea already from using my phone app. Having it show an average of 70 yards for this club would be a disaster! That may be extreme, but it shows up in other areas as well. Take for instance, you top a hybrid, thin a 4I, chunk an 8I...those are brought into the average and can not be removed. It has been brought up several times and will hopefully be an option down the road.

COMPARISONS:

You can also compare yourself with others, professional and your buddies that also use the system. There is an option to pick last round, last 10 rounds, and more. Would be nice to be able to select just a couple of rounds instead of a large group. OK, so I handpicked all of these screen shots from only my best round this year, but why not right...ha
Spoiler
Compare2.png
Compare.png
Compare%20GIR.png
Compare%20Putts.png

SOCIAL MEDIA:
The Social Media side of golf is now embraced easily. You can post to a variety of sites and let others take a look at your round, or a variety of other options. You can share you accomplishments, comparisons, all kinds of bartering information. Of course bragging rights as well. To be able to share what you did with your friends on and off the course could be fun.

That's a brief over view of what to expect with this system and thanks for making it to this point. I will save my thoughts for another post so that it doesn't get buried in this book.

Last edited:
So much good info Doug. Thanks for taking the time to post that. Must be nice to have a better putting average than GMac!

So much good info Doug. Thanks for taking the time to post that. Must be nice to have a better putting average than GMac!

HA! Precisely why only one round was used for said comparison! Take it when I can get it right? I had another one I was going to post, but thought it would be better left off, ya know the internet and all.

Thanks for the updated info Doug.
I also signed up for this last year but did not meet the deadline for the customer testing. Cannot wait to get my hands on this

KG

Just Tapping Away

Great write up, thanks so much!

(I'm having palpitations at that 6th hole tee shot tho!)

Great stuff Doug! Can't wait to get rolling with mine when it comes in.

What was the one thing you were most surprised about with the unit?

Great review doug. Can't wait for more THP'ers chime in. Might pull the trigger this season

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My thoughts about it:

Club Tracking:
For those that are trying to get the "real" picture of their club distances, this will not help you at the moment. All the tracking information for each club takes into account EVERY shot for a min/median/longest chart. I wasn't able to use the app since I do not own an IOS product and the Android version is not out yet. Not sure what you see when using said app on the course. You can do a manual best guess from within the graph they provide you though based on the majority of shots landing within a range. It won't give you a number, you will come up with it yourself.

This has been a long process since the investment and getting to use the product. I am not complaining about the length of time simply because I would want them to deliver a sound product and not just get something out there. They did just that. I used my Swing-by-Swing phone app to obtain my real time distances over several rounds last year, so I knew going in what they should be given a good swing.

Although using that phone app was intrusive to the actual game, I became pretty fluent in entering the information. Like most apps available it tracked my distances and I was able to notate if it was anything but a good shot as well. That shot would then not be included in my distance tracking, would still be in the round, but not something that would hinder a good average number.

As with all the apps and tracking, more data means better picture.

EASE OF USE:

Nothing out there that I know of is easier to use! It is so much fun and the only negative would be yourself and remembering to tag. I'm sure it will become second nature and with only 3 rounds under my belt so far, getting better already. It works...it just works...and well!

MISS SHOT TYPE:
With having no external buttons (aside from the power button), there is no way to notate what happened. I became used to being able to notate that on my phone app and it made for much easier explanations without the memory recall. The thinned, fat, toe, whatever your favorite goto is for the miss can't be notated. It's up to you and your memory and will counted against you in the club tracking distance category for now. I don't see a way to correct this, but who knows...you might be able to adjust when editing your round down the road.

GIR's and Fairways Hit:
This can be off as well. GPS is only so good, so it's nothing against the product. Just something to think about before you sign your card. Moving the shot location on the map can adjust the tracking software to be what actually happened. It can't tell if you were just a few feet into the first cut or on the fringe of the green. Just moving it a little can give or take away either of them. I error on the side of moving the distance back as well so not to fluff when correcting.

EDITING YOUR ROUND

I'm familiar with doing that from my phone app and same holds true here. You get what you put into the information and doing the editing as soon as you can will help in remembering each hole. At least for me anyway. This is also the ONLY point where this system takes a lot of time.

PIN PLACEMENT
They cut the green in 1/3's and place the pin general to where you putting takes you. The placements were pretty good for the most part, but sometimes it was a bit off and I had to adjust, or move, the pin to where I remembered it to be. Distances on putting a general and they don't use feet per putt, only short, medium, and long.

SIGNING YOUR CARD
Once your done editing and hit the button for signing your card, your done....period. No going back to make corrections you remember later, good or bad. That occured on the first round and one hole on the second, you learn quickly to double and triple check if you want the correct information.

NO ANDROID APP
That about sums it up, not happy about it, but they are working towards it. Don't know what I missed out on.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Well, it's not even out yet and I've had great response with questions and have seen quick responses to others. I was a little concerned about it with how many times the product was pushed back, but no longer. Time will tell when the product starts to move, but nothing but great things up to this point.

TAG's BACKING OUT OF GRIP
Nothing to do with design, more of an issue for me. I sometimes have the palm of my back hand close to the butt of the grip. I've notice that after the few rounds, the tags were working their way out of some of the clubs. It was brought up by others during the testing, and the only thing I could think of was my palm is rubbing the tag and twisting it out over several shots. I've learned just to check them.

MAIN UNIT SECURE ON BELT

My first round was with multiple layers of clothing and didn't wear a belt. It clipped over my waist band just fine, but was checking to make sure it was there often. Of course I get to the green on 18 and it's not there...thankfully Kc720 saw it where I chipped from. It had slipped off and it is so light I didn't even feel it missing with so many layers. They listened to the testers and changed the clip to where it would provide more friction before the initial release. Something simple, but made the change before it went out. I highly recommend a belt, and check to make sure it is pushed down all the way if you wear a wide belt. I always take a quick drop of the hand to make sure it's secure getting in and out of a cart and after each shot, don't even think about it anymore, just automatic.

OVERALL IMPRESSION
I have been asked if it's worth the MSRP and I've answered both ways. YES and NO have been a knee jerk response, but one has to qualify it for themselves. If I had no other way to track my progress, then it may be worth the investment. Buying it today, solely on the aspect of getting your distances of each club...I would say NO. To many variables (contact category) that can not be accounted for or edited in the software at this time. The scoring clubs I can understand, we use them in a variety of ways; however, the mid to longer clubs are all a manual process or generalization.

This is SO EASY to use and the information provided without having a manual process getting into your round is THE BEST! Hands down without question. With Social Media taking it's foothold in golf, this fits in rather nicely.

Is it a manual process after the round...YES of course. Technology can only go so far, you have to manage the information regardless of what system you use to track whatever you track. Will the web based interface improve down the road, I think so. Just a few changes in regards to your ability to edit some of the data would go A LONG WAY!

You can use a phone/gps app from $15-$50 a year fee for all the tracking data. This is $250 and $50/yr after that for all inclusive package (it will function just fine without, but you will just get the basic info). What basic information will be provided after the first year I do not know.

What I do know is that if the opportunities that several have touched on are opened up (editing/deleting), nothing will touch this IMHO.

Each individual will have to make the determination if the ROI is there. The initial investment is pretty steep if you ask me, but for me and others that took the early jump...I feel we got a heck of a bargain.

WHEW!

Back