New Game Golf system

I believe so, I know I paid through indie gogo when it was first available and have been getting all the emails

KG

Just Tapping Away

It was a separate option within one of those emails. You would have needed to apply for the early testing and, once selected, fill out some information for them. You will still be one of the first to receive the final product though. Once this testing phase has been completed. Not sure when that will be yet.

Im finally going to get this on the course tomorrow and see how it works out.

Very interested to here to what you think about it.

I think you will enjoy how easy it is. Just make sure you turn it on at least 5 minutes before you get to the first tee. I forgot and had to wait a few. Haven't gone through my first round yet to check it out, this weekend though.

A belt us a must, was cold and had many layers on so didn't wear one. Almost lost it on 18, but Kang came through and spotted it!

Enjoy! PGA show will have a big spot in the start up and all who put out will start to receive them next month, so we are told today.

I did confirm that both courses at Mission Inn are mapped so I am rocking it at Ultimate testing next month.

First round under my belt and I am impressed. I only missed one tag and double tagged on one shot but changes are easily made through the account system. The tagging of clubs became very easy to do, it has a vibrate feature to confirm a tag. Not sure how much I can share but I think a lot of people are going to be very impressed when this hits retail. The GPS is really accurate.

We have been in great contact with Josh and once the product is ready for review (ironing out some final minor creases), Josh will be the first to receive it. We have thoroughly tested this and want to make sure that it performs 100% so you guys get the best possible review.

A review will come very soon and you will all be able to use GAME GOLF this summer. Your early support on the indiegogo campaign at www.gameyourgame.com is crucial to us, so we really appreciate it.

It's cool they are here, just remember they are here to sell a product. Others have done the same thing and disappeared.

Not saying this guy is going to be like those, just saying be careful.

Hey everyone,

Just to clear up an issue raised - this product has been developed already and we have tested the device on over 400 rounds of golf - Graeme McDowell and Lee Westwood have even used the product in practice rounds on the PGA tour.

You can see the Device (GYG) on Lee's hip in the image in this T3 article: http://www.t3.com/news/game-golf-specs-unveiled.

The support from everyone here and on Indiegogo gives us the resources and feedback we need to go-to-market in July, and the overwhelming support we have received so far means that we have achieved this goal - so you will be using this on the course very soon.

We highly respect the golfing community on THP, so please don't feel our presence here is to push the product, but to gauge feedback and answer questions you may have.

Thanks again for the amazing support,
GAME GOLF team.
This was from 3/7 (last post) and GAMEGOLF hasn't had a presence on the forum since 3/9. No questions from people have been answered here.

Is there any update as to when people that "purchased" will get their devices?
Quoting myself here.
It stinks that they completely missed the date and gave no response. I can tell you that we have tried to contact them and also received no response.

I hope it is just the time of ramping production and being very busy. We were told that we would have a unit for review quite a while ago and have not received it either.

I was holding out hope that THP would get it first as the guy said! Suppose not.

Got my shipping notification today. Should have some feedback soon.
Glad to see these are finally getting into the hands of the people who shelled out money so long ago. Hope it works as well as promoted.

First round under my belt and I am impressed. I only missed one tag and double tagged on one shot but changes are easily made through the account system. The tagging of clubs became very easy to do, it has a vibrate feature to confirm a tag. Not sure how much I can share but I think a lot of people are going to be very impressed when this hits retail. The GPS is really accurate.
Thanks for the first impressions!

Glad to read about the positive reviews on this. I cannot wait to receive mine and see how good this works

Seeing as they retweeted a posted round, I am going to assume the company will have no issue with me posting my last round

http://www.gameyourgame.com/player/fupresti/round/3356

I think you'll enjoy the capabilities of the device.

Very cool. How's the yardage tracking accuracy? How does the device know if the ball is in the first cut, or right on the edge of the fairway so not to record a FIR?

Very cool. How's the yardage tracking accuracy? How does the device know if the ball is in the first cut, or right on the edge of the fairway so not to record a FIR?

Course is mapped and the device uses GPS.

Thats pretty cool stuff fupresti. I like the ability to look back at all the shots. Nice.

Can't wait to check this out, it's definitely something I'd be interested in. I saw they have the pre-order for $250 open right now....... Pondering, but most GPS isn't super accurate at the course that I usually play. It's within 10 yards though, and as long as I could edit the round afterwards for those shots that it thinks are on or off based on the GPS, I would still be willing to use it.

Can you even feel the piece that you wear on your belt?

Can't wait to check this out, it's definitely something I'd be interested in. I saw they have the pre-order for $250 open right now....... Pondering, but most GPS isn't super accurate at the course that I usually play. It's within 10 yards though, and as long as I could edit the round afterwards for those shots that it thinks are on or off based on the GPS, I would still be willing to use it.

Can you even feel the piece that you wear on your belt?

Nope. I don't even notice it. I can show it to you at outer Friday round in a few weeks.

really interesting device

does this device have a display for yardages? or do you have to use a smart phone?

really interesting device

does this device have a display for yardages? or do you have to use a smart phone?

I upload the round after the fact. There is an iPhone app I haven't tried yet.

I upload the round after the fact. There is an iPhone app I haven't tried yet.

Ok, but do you use this as a GPS device also, or you just see the yardages afterward

You don't do anything but tag the club's in each shot. No visual, just a vibration feedback when the tag is successful. The visual comes when you upload the data and edit or sign your round

The yardage have been pretty accurate so far. The pins need to be moved on some greens as it is a general hole location that I have seen. Honestly have gotten the same data from my swing by swing phone app and club tracking. A lot more work required with the app, whereas game golf is intuitive and doesn't require any thought. $15 vs $250 is a big negative if you don't mind putting in the manual selections. This is super easy though.

You don't do anything but tag the club's in each shot. No visual, just a vibration feedback when the tag is successful. The visual comes when you upload the data and edit or sign your round

The yardage have been pretty accurate so far. The pins need to be moved on some greens as it is a general hole location that I have seen. Honestly have gotten the same data from my swing by swing phone app and club tracking. A lot more work required with the app, whereas game golf is intuitive and doesn't require any thought. $15 vs $250 is a big negative if you don't mind putting in the manual selections. This is super easy though.

Edit: As far as the noticing the device I have to agree with not even feeling it on you. I find myself double checking to make sure it is on my belt. Do not recommend using without a belt!

My putter has a counter weight in the grip, so I just put the putter tag in my pocket and pull it out to tag on each putt.

So is the idea of this to view your round after the fact and keep track of your yardages with each club?

This is the first time I have ventured into this thread, very interesting to say the least. I think I am going to have to go back and read up on this one.

If the price were a little cheaper, I'd jump all over it. I'm going to hold out for some long term reviews first. I do like the idea though.

keep track of your yardages with each club?

This is the main result of the device. I already have a pretty good idea of what each is supposed to be with having dine that with my swing by swing app. I was actually hoping for more as in club path and other options, but no.

One thing I noticed with doing it with the app, it is a good thing to review each round as soon as possible. Same goes here in case you need to adjust yardage, errors in tagging, or pin location changes

It also helps me in reviewing my performance and remembering best I can each swing and comparing that to the actual results. Neither know the conditions of the course or weather, so that also has to be taken into consideration when reviewing. The more data the better for someone just starting to use something like this.

Back