New Game Golf system

Sold them all in 3 days, pretty sure the market just said that was an outstanding price.
One thing I worry about reviewing the whole thing, is the durability of the tags that go into the end of the clubs. Clubs get dropped into the bags, on the ground, inadverently thrown, etc. how much force can these tags stand up to? Just the normal drop into a staff bag creates quite a bit of force.
That is a great question!

Sold them all in 3 days, pretty sure the market just said that was an outstanding price.
One thing I worry about reviewing the whole thing, is the durability of the tags that go into the end of the clubs. Clubs get dropped into the bags, on the ground, inadvertently thrown, etc. how much force can these tags stand up to? Just the normal drop into a staff bag creates quite a bit of force.

They mentioned that the club tags are RFID, which makes complete sense to me. RFID tags are pretty tough and have a long track record so I expect they would survive normal handling OK. I think I have a pretty good idea now of how this product actually works and -- as long as the hardware works as advertised and the GPS is sensitive/accurate enough -- it could be pretty interesting even at the "Free" level where it just records your game for your own records.

Their real competition is smartphone-based apps or GPS devices from places like Bushnell but those don't know what club you use unless you enter that info for each shot.

This is different from other kickstarter-type stuff where people basically say "hey, I've got this cool idea and a youtube video that I made in my garage, if 1000 people give me 50 bucks each I'll actually try to turn it into a product". These guys seem to have already done the prototyping and are now basically looking for help with producing them in quantity.

I'd definitely be interested in using this on the course.

Just my $.000000000002

Ken

kenh, I agree that even at the "Free" level, this would be worth it to me. I'm NOT good at consistently recording my stats during rounds while I'm playing and that alone would would be enough to justify the purchase (or in this case, "investment").

kenh, I agree that even at the "Free" level, this would be worth it to me. I'm NOT good at consistently recording my stats during rounds while I'm playing and that alone would would be enough to justify the purchase (or in this case, "investment").

This is one of the reasons I want to give this a go. I hate trying to keep track of my stats during the round and love the idea of just tapping the club to the device and concentrating on playing good golf. Ths social media stuff is an added bonus that if done right could be worth the monthly/yearly fee.

*Bump*

Any updates on this, from those who actually purchased?

*Bump*

Any updates on this, from those who actually purchased?

We received emails on courses we play so they could start mapping them first. Other than that I have heard nothing.

Nothing yet but hitting their July prerelease date was a little off it appears.

It reminds me of other products that go for sale with "features coming soon". It almost always leads to angry customers due to timeline delays.

Nothing yet but hitting their July prerelease date was a little off it appears.

Quoting myself here.
It stinks that they completely missed the date and gave no response. I can tell you that we have tried to contact them and also received no response.

I hope it is just the time of ramping production and being very busy. We were told that we would have a unit for review quite a while ago and have not received it either.

I was hoping some of us MC'ers would have had them in Myrtle. Now I"m just hoping to have it by end of year.

I was hoping some of us MC'ers would have had them in Myrtle. Now I"m just hoping to have it by end of year.

I was hoping that too.
I just never will understand the idea of "When deadlines are not met, no word is given".
It seems nobody has trouble taking money, but delivering is something else.

This could be a simple minor thing. In fact my gut tells me it is just a minor setback, but without anybody saying a word, it comes across as poor customer service.

The lack of communication seems to be the biggest frustration for most at this time and it is such an easy fix. Just tell us what is going on even if it is bad news. I think most understand that this is cool new tech and it may take time to work out the kinks.

This is a really cool concept, but I can only imagine the level of time, resources, and money that would have to go into creating the seamless UI that they're showing on the video. If they can get it to market I will absolutely be into this!

The lack of communication seems to be the biggest frustration for most at this time and it is such an easy fix. Just tell us what is going on even if it is bad news. I think most understand that this is cool new tech and it may take time to work out the kinks.

Im with you. We heard months ago that they already had it working with the tour pros and that production was basically all that was needed. Production delays happen, just communicate with the people you called "investors" and that you owe for getting this off the ground.

Here was the last update they gave a month or so ago for those that are interested:

This is a cool looking concept. I really do want to get my hands on this one.

As someone who works in a development environment, I can totally understand release delays. Sometimes it's not always something that you can discuss openly, but any news is better than no news.

Very interesting, would love to have one of these if they really work as advertised. I'll be interested in hearing about this once it truly hits the market.

New Update:

Updates are good.
That is a pretty lengthy delay, but at least they are giving info.

Updates are good.
That is a pretty lengthy delay, but at least they are giving info.

It was nice to get any update. I like that there was an apology for the delay in getting another update out there. The new time frame hurts for sure as I basically won't get to use the device until April/May even if they do ship by the end of the year.

It was nice to get any update. I like that there was an apology for the delay in getting another update out there. The new time frame hurts for sure as I basically won't get to use the device until April/May even if they do ship by the end of the year.

Silly man. THP events dude! :D

I'd be all over this, looks fantastic. I see the possibility for some operator error but the upside outweighs the negatives.

Game Golf - Tracking Stats

Game Golf - Tracking Stats

Saw this on twitter today, really has me interested since I golf every day. http://www.gameyourgame.com/ It's a stats tracking system but it's very pricey.

How much do you guys think it would help the average amateur golfer to be able to look back through a round and evaluate stats?

oobgolf.com let's you do basic stats for free, or a ton of stats for like $15 a year.

Back