New Game Golf system

What has me interested in the game golf is how effortless it is, it tracks the stats with out you having to input anything. I'm very lazy =P checking out oobgolf right now though.

seems like a waste of money. oob keeps track of basically the same thing for free

I like the idea of the product. Problem with cheap apps is how cumbersome they are to enter your data after each hole, and how inaccurate the yardage recordings are in my experience. Also doesn't have the social aspect. Anyway, I don't think the device is worth $250 myself.

Any more updates on this one?

Nope, thanks for bringing it up so I can be pissed about the fact that they are "working around the clock" which apparently only gives them time to update those who have given them money 3-4 times a year.

Nope, thanks for bringing it up so I can be pissed about the fact that they are "working around the clock" which apparently only gives them time to update those who have given them money 3-4 times a year.

Sorry about that buddy. I figured I missed an update.

Sorry about that buddy. I figured I missed an update.

I am just bitter. No new update. It would be cooler if there was one however.

Total bummer. Seems like a long delay for a seemingly uncomplicated device.

Any more updates on this one?

According to their page on Indiegogo they will start shipping late Oct./Early Nov.

Does it suck? Yep. But this is how the crowd funding model works. I waited on my Pebble for what seemed like a year.

Update:

hope you gets yours soon Howzat unfortunately looks like it'll be when your season is over

hope you gets yours soon Howzat unfortunately looks like it'll be when your season is over

Yep, no beta testing for me but it sounds like the start of my 2014 season is a real possibility.

Yep, no beta testing for me but it sounds like the start of my 2014 season is a real possibility.
Likewise, most courses in South Dakota close Nov 1st... I hope the testing goes well and we're able to use it next spring!

Interesting in reading reviews on this, though I'm a bit leery of golf electronics after my experience with the SwingTip.. on my 2nd device and have spent more time at the range trying to make the stupid thing work than I have actually practicing.

Well I just spent the last hour or so reading the thread for this device. First off...sorry to hear about the misfortune of all those who put up the cash expecting to have the device in hand by mid July. You think a company would commit to those who made the investment.

As like the others who made comments I would also be interested as to the device tracks tap ins (gimmies), putts from the fringe, and so on.

My second question would be to the topic of battery life. I know after several chargings in my cell phone I have noticed battery life diminish. Company states 8 hrs or two rounds...but what does that battery life look after 20 rounds...are you making it through 9 holes??? Or will we see golf carts now with charging devices?

Interesred to see what testing reviews look like aftrr oroduct is released. Good luck.

Just spent the better part of my morning reading this thread as well. While I really like the idea behind the device, I still prefer a pencil and one of these

382091.jpg

Just spent the better part of my morning reading this thread as well. While I really like the idea behind the device, I still prefer a pencil and one of these

382091.jpg

I'm with you for the most part...why would I want to broadcast to the world how bad I actually am? On the other hand, the ability to record numerous stats is kind of cool.

why would I want to broadcast to the world how bad I actually am?

Thats funny right there. I never looked at it that way.

Responded to the request for the Validation Phase a while back and this popped into my email today, will see what happens:

GAME GOLF
Customer Validation Update

Thank you all for your interest in participating in our Customer Validation Phase. We have received an incredible response and are very excited to get product into your hands to get you out on the course using GAME GOLF and receiving your feedback.

In order for this customer validation phase to be successful, we need some specific information from you before we begin. We will be sending an email in the next few days with a link to our Customer Validation survey which will allow us to get the necessary information. We have been running beta tests over the past few months that have allowed us to make some significant changes and upgrades to the hardware and software platform. We feel the more feedback we receive, the more we will learn - and who better to receive that information from but you, our early evangelists, who have continued to support us from the very beginning.

As a participant in this phase, we are asking that you can play two rounds of golf a week and be willing to submit feedback to us on a weekly basis for a 6-8 week period starting in December when you receive your product. We are currently creating a site exclusively for our Customer Validation participants and our GAME team. This site is where all participants will be able to submit feedback, interact with each other and our team members. Your feedback will be invaluable for us.

Please keep an eye out for the email and link to our survey. We ask that you please fill out the survey as soon as possible once you receive it so we can process all the information and get set up for a successful program.

Thank you again for your continued support.

Regards,
John McGuire
CEO

See you subscribed and lurking Erik...lol. Did you get the email?

Nice Doug, I did not sign up as my season will be over before it would arrive.

Nice Doug, I did not sign up as my season will be over before it would arrive.

A bit cold at times out here, but can usually get out most of the time. I guess it's not an official season for GHIN's, but can still get out and about to play. Most courses stay open as weather permits.

Is there any update as to when people that "purchased" will get their devices?

Back