New guy from canada

tmo1620

Reaction score
Handicap
So I finally decided to sign up after reading numerous reviews on this site over the last year or so. Heres a little info on me. I am currently 28 years old and started golfing at the age of 7. Growing up I was a very promising junior golfer and played many tournaments on the Alberta and Saskatchewan junior tours. At age 16 I was a 3-5 hdcp golfer and for some reason I decided to almost quit golfing and never swung a club again until after my 18th bday. Since then over the last ten years I have had varying seasons of golf from some years playing 2-3 times a week, to others where I would play 2-3 rounds per season and throughout it all was playing around a 15 hdcp. In the last year I decided I wanted to really get back to playing the game I love so much. This is what brought me to this website, as I figured I should finally upgrade my clubs. I had been playing pretty much the same set of clubs for nearly 15 years and it was time for a change. I have had numerous drivers, putters, fairway woods and wedges over the years but the one constant was my Ping Eye 2 Black Dot Irons 2-PW. After researching and hitting all sorts of different irons I decided I wanted a forged iron as I have always been a fairly good ball striker and always liked the more classic iron look and shaping shots. After hitting ping, taylormade, callaway, adams, titleist forged irons I ended up choosing the brand I said I would never ever play for irons..... Callaway. Not only were they one of the best feeling irons I had ever hit but they were one of the best deals and read many good reviews on them from this site as well so it was a no brainer for me. I bought a last years left over set of callaway razr x forged 3-pw for under $420. I have since turned my game around and at the end of this season I have gotten back into the 7-8 hdcp range. Our season is over here now until April so time to spend some time on this forum feeding my new found golf addiction.

Welcome to THP! Enjoy yourself

Welcome to thp...huge fan of the ping eye 2 irons as well

Thanks guys, yep really loved my ping eye 2's, I will never get rid of those clubs as long as I live...... :)

Welcome to thp...huge fan of the ping eye 2 irons as well

Welcome!

Welcome to the team!

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the background! I switched to Callaway irons earlier this year as well for the first time. Welcome to the forum!

:welcome: nice intro tmo1620.

Welcome to THP. If you think you have a golf addiction now, just give it a few weeks on these forums!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to the forum, good to have ya

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

Weclome to THP! The one and only!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP!

Hi, welcome for Northeastern Washington.

Welcome to THP!!

Back