New Level Golf - 902 Forged Irons

SUCH a fun setup, these heads paired with the KBS TGI 110's. 10+ days off and came back to stripe a 5i on the first hole that was just the perfect little cut around a tree. I'm a fan.

One of these days I’m going to hit these shafts, but to your post from what I’ve read on both head and shaft that sounds like a fun combi

Just ordered a 60* wedge with a i95 steelfiber shaft. Eric even called to make sure the specs were correct. That's service! Will get it sometime next week.

You hit them well my dude. Still in full regret mode for not spending more time with them - They have an awesome profile up against the ball.

Its a good blend of heads Eric has size wise. The 1031 looked smaller than I expected, and the 902 are a bit bigger than I expected, but they give me that slightly more demanding look that I thrive on. Comparable in every way to my MP18's, and that, IMO, is a massive compliment to these irons.

These have my attention.

Can someone sum up each model and who you would fit into them (610, 902, 1031?)

I am trying to glean this from their site, but every time I read the description they all sound about the same.

Thanks in advance.

These have my attention.

Can someone sum up each model and who you would fit into them (610, 902, 1031?)

I am trying to glean this from their site, but every time I read the description they all sound about the same.

Thanks in advance.

They're all pretty different profiles, easiest way to describe it would be in level of forgiveness...

610 (longest heel to toe, most offset)

Then...

1031 (more compact, less offset, sole still has some good width to it)

Then...

902 (most compact, least offset, thinner sole)

The thing is, none of them, even these, are super demanding. More compact, yes, but still a lot of built in playability IME.

They're all pretty different profiles, easiest way to describe it would be in level of forgiveness...

610 (longest heel to toe, most offset)

Then...

1031 (more compact, less offset, sole still has some good width to it)

Then...

902 (most compact, least offset, thinner sole)

The thing is, none of them, even these, are super demanding. More compact, yes, but still a lot of built in playability IME.

Jman, thanks for the clarity.

Looking at these and the wedges...something cool about a lesser known, boutique club maker.

I’m excited to get a demo 902 in the mail this week. I have been playing Mizuno MP32’s and Titleist 712CB for a long time now. I have S400 and really feel comfortable with that shaft so that is what I will demo the 902 with. The new 623M looks spicy as well.
Thanks for all the posts. Eric has been easy to work with through Email as well. Considering all the emails he probably gets, I’m happy he responds to me directly quite quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m excited to get a demo 902 in the mail this week. I have been playing Mizuno MP32’s and Titleist 712CB for a long time now. I have S400 and really feel comfortable with that shaft so that is what I will demo the 902 with. The new 623M looks spicy as well.
Thanks for all the posts. Eric has been easy to work with through Email as well. Considering all the emails he probably gets, I’m happy he responds to me directly quite quick.

I really think they will surprise you. Everyone who has hit mine has come away surprised, impressed, and wanting to know more.

Completely agree on Eric responding to emails. He wrote back through the weekend (way quicker responding than I was). I think for a small company that is one of the keys. At times on social he comes off...abrasively, but the experience working with him was not even remotely that.

I hope you enjoy the demo and look forward to your feedback

New Level Golf - 902 Forged Irons

Quick update: demo showed up today and I snuck away for 30mins to the range with my other gamers. Battle of the irons
Mizuno MP32
Titleist 712CB
New Level 902
I will be testing this club over the next several days, this is just first notes and pics.

Appearance : really all look similar in size. 902 has the thicker top line at address. Reminds me of a thicker top lined Bridgestone J33CB

Feel: nice solid FIRM feel on well struck shots. Not as muted or soft feeling as the MP or Titleist. With range balls this is always a little tricky. But I would say it feels firm for the first day.

Flight and forgiveness: very consistent distance control. Tied with the Titleist. They both have a very nice trajectory window, and feel nice going through the turf. Gives a confident feeling looking down. Gets in the air well when trying to get it up. Had a little trouble hitting punch cuts and high fades with the 902. Probably just new weight or offset differences maybe. No problems turning it over. But will practice more shot shaping later.
MP32 does whatever you want it do. You just have to know how to do it. (But I have been playing them since they came out this is my 3rd set)

Overall still excited to take the 902 on course conditions. It’s dispersion was very tight. Always a good sign.
e57f08cfc5b036aaa05a8fd30e50d9e4.jpg
55c6a27ac5a7c0d6387fa0e6f7903abb.jpg
15d601424c65d9c54e9e2767f17ccee4.jpg
edafbe5979caeb4ab385c7b10aed07a5.jpg
f02a5dbdbb38581fa79476251fb23e4a.jpg
e4bf67eb714ca71b6834e47db558b02d.jpg
83c516644e0c0db0b6c93b01f122a493.jpg
78786187a05313416dca5b96fbd8973c.jpg

Hope this shows some input. I will try not to be so long winded next update. Cheers

@nix that’s a really solid first post! i really appreciate the comparison pics. looking forward to following your thoughts.

@nix that’s a really solid first post! i really appreciate the comparison pics. looking forward to following your thoughts.

Thanks. I’m trying to do my part to be help others. I paid to demo a club so it will be honest. Need more time with it though.

Thanks. I’m trying to do my part to be help others. I paid to demo a club so it will be honest. Need more time with it though.

Looking forward to hear what you think of em. I love the look of the NL clubs so interested to see how they compare for you.

Struck these really well the past week, it's been fun to get back out and into a groove again. I am for sure all in on the shaft change though, as the Modus 105x just have a certain allure to me with how well they have treated me in the past. If anyone is looking to try the KBS 110's, let's make a deal!

Pulled these heads last night while it rained and poured outside. Ugh.

Reshafting this weekend, but the blades will likely be in the bag for a bit because I'm crazy.

Pulled these heads last night while it rained and poured outside. Ugh.

Reshafting this weekend, but the blades will likely be in the bag for a bit because I'm crazy.

nutjob.

Just before I was under mandatory evacuation from Hurricane Flo, I shipped my 902 demo back to Eric.
The club is great. I really think with the correct lie angle and proper shaft this club can be an exceptional gamer.
I compared it to my MP32 and 712CB
Flight : 902 flew lower than both but did not have a problem stopping on the greens. I know all the shafts labels say S400. But without actually seeing numbers on a scale the 902 just felt heavier, even my playing partner mentioned. I would like to try it in maybe a lighter shaft. Nippon Modus 120, or any other offerings to see if that would help.
Feel: when struck properly off the face, it becomes addicting. Reminded me of high school with MP29. Just an addicting sensation to try and make sure you found the center. Toe and healed misses did not suffer very much loss of distance or dispersion. They just felt awful. As they should.
Looks: My personal view was that it looked like a 5 iron every time I put it behind the ball. Once again I am comparing NewLevel to older iron sets and lofts. I guess I’m just not use to seeing stronger lofted clubs yet. Even with the stronger lofts, I did notice this made for some dispersion in my distances. I would hit MP32 vs 902 the exact length into numerous pins from the same yardage. Same results but two different ways to get there. Example. From 165 I would basically be full swinging little draw with MP32. Same distance with the 902 I could choke up and hit a 3/4 full shot. Same results just different ways to get there.
IMHO
In conclusion: New Level 902 is a great Players Cavity back iron. Feels soft when flushed. Looks like stronger lofts as it seems more companies are doing. Doesn’t seem to penalize that much on a good miss. If you got the money honey. These are def a unique set that guys you play with will want to hit.
Can’t wait to hear about the 1023.

The pic of the black 902s looks amazing.

I still really really want a Raw set.

The pic of the black 902s looks amazing.

I still really really want a Raw set.

guys seem to really like these heads over the weekend. Hard to believe they didn't get "drafted"

guys seem to really like these heads over the weekend. Hard to believe they didn't get "drafted"

I was surprised as well (being a NL guy to boot), but I think the guys are ecstatic with their choices. There were some great sets not get drafted (AP1 were getting rave reviews too and didn't get selected). Maybe these will be available for FF winners?

I think the change mid event that we could get any shaft pairing changed the draft a ton. Actually, I know it did. The NL irons were enjoyed a lot over the weekend.

That was confusing to me as well. But like someone else said perhaps someone from the forum that was not at the event will get them

I really really want a raw set of these. Give me rust, and give it to me now.

Pretty badass looking in a blended set.

d2fe30f8d6f8c6bc0faae44a2d04e9f7.jpg

Back