New Level Golf - 902 Forged Irons

And this is why I tend to enjoy the smaller brands who really get behind what they do. For New Level, it helps that Eric is insanely knowledgeable and previously one of the best fitters around. His history is quite interesting.

I do though see those you mentioned engaging more and more, a simple like can go a long way for a consumer, just as it can for the follower of any review site, blog, whatever. It's the new age, and we are always going to have some companies and user who aren't affected by engagement, and others who are. It's a good time to be a golfer and golf equipment fan.

What’s interesting about that is how it will play out. 3 of the brands I listed there literally don’t have someone doing social right now. So someone is stepping in and liking I guess as they work through finding talent.

I don’t see the engagement but with the way timelines are listed now who knows. Many brands have gone to outside agencies or hired former personnel To cover.

I just found it interesting from a conversation stand point that it’s a praise for engagement but a pass by many for others and too much for even more. I think validation and the mind continue to play a large role in golf.

What’s interesting about that is how it will play out. 3 of the brands I listed there literally don’t have someone doing social right now. So someone is stepping in and liking I guess as they work through finding talent.

I don’t see the engagement but with the way timelines are listed now who knows. Many brands have gone to outside agencies or hired former personnel To cover.

I just found it interesting from a conversation stand point that it’s a praise for engagement but a pass by many for others and too much for even more. I think validation and the mind continue to play a large role in golf.

Of course validation plays a role, people want to enjoy what they enjoy. It would be insane for it not to have a place at the table, it's human nature.

Bigger brands will always get more of a pass because of history in the game. When a smaller brand jumps in and engages, it makes an immediate difference for them, look at all the praise that this site was flowing with when Toulon was solo and really putting out some engagement, it was a win for them, but they also needed it.

Then there's the other side, when engagement goes too far or comes off as a bit holier than thou.

Its like any other news/info/marketing outlet, some will do well and see the future, others will be content with what they do.

On the topic of New Level and the 902's going the path they have with the top fitters out there like Club Champion is a good move to me. But, I also believe they are more aimed at those who seek out the JDM or boutique more than anything else right now, will be interesting to see if/how that changes.

I’m a fan of engagement, but I often times find it interesting in discussion. The reason I say that is there really is only 2-3 large equipment companies that engage. Taylormade, Ping, Titleist, Mizuno do none of it. Although Titleist has gotten a tad better, they are still not going to engage yet.

When asked about those companies users say they don’t care. Then the ones that do, If they back away briefly are “doing me wrong”. It’s a real tough draw.

I believe that a small company with no R&D experience is going to have to do their own marketing to keep their clubs in top fitter like Club Champion and I think New Level has done a good job at that. The interesting part to me comes as business picks up.

When you say engagement are you simply saying replying and thanking with social media?
I think the majority of huge companies or even social media personalities with hundreds of thousands of followers rarely if ever respond.
I definitely think that by doing so could get someone to choose them over one that doesn't or at least get them to maintain their interest in the content.
I think it's a good practice for new or smaller companies to garner interest and maybe some brand loyalty.

New Level Golf - 902 Forged Irons

When you say engagement are you simply saying replying and thanking with social media?
I think the majority of huge companies or even social media personalities with hundreds of thousands of followers rarely if ever respond.
I definitely think that by doing so could get someone to choose them over one that doesn't or at least get them to maintain their interest in the content.
I think it's a good practice for new or smaller companies to garner interest and maybe some brand loyalty.

Callaway, Cleveland, Cobra, UST, Wilson, Project X, etc all engage on social media with their fans.

My conversation was that previously some have said they don’t care about it, which is cool. And then praise for doing it, which is confusing. (And I’m not speaking about anybody In particular). I guess sometimes as Jman mentioned it’s more about validating choices one makes with support of their style than maybe perceived.

Either way I’m glad that many of these smaller companies choose this path whether out of want or necessity.

One thing is for sure, they look as good as ANYTHING out there on the market.

01d578f49b767b5d79e36636a14a9d50.jpg

Callaway, Cleveland, Cobra, UST, Wilson, Project X, etc all engage on social media with their fans.

My conversation was that previously some have said they don’t care about it, which is cool. And then praise for doing it, which is confusing. (And I’m not speaking about anybody In particular). I guess sometimes as Jman mentioned it’s more about validating choices one makes with support of their style than maybe perceived.

Either way I’m glad that many of these smaller companies choose this path whether out of want or necessity.
I think any personal response is a big positive and applaud anyone that does it, big or small.
I know if I contacted 2 companies and one responded and one didn't, I would definitely lean toward the one that made that little extra effort to engage.

I really, really, really like this combo.

The 902's are very good. But I think the TGI 110's really make it for me. No monitor today, but I hit some of the most dialed in irons I've hit in a while. Definite honeymoon right now, but, I'm comfortable, and that tells me a lot. Remind me a TON of my MP18's and that's a good thing.

The 902's are very good. But I think the TGI 110's really make it for me. No monitor today, but I hit some of the most dialed in irons I've hit in a while. Definite honeymoon right now, but, I'm comfortable, and that tells me a lot. Remind me a TON of my MP18's and that's a good thing.

TGI 110 is a shaft I really, really want to try. I’m glad you are loving the heads - if I was in the market for irons I would be drooling over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these the "middle" in terms of forgiveness and such in their line? They're a really attractive profile to me, similar to the Honma irons I've got in the bag right now.

Never mind: missed that the 902 are the most compact - based on the picture I would have guessed the 610, but that's the biggest! Reading is fundamental...

I've got 10 rounds on these now.

Actually got some numbers next to my MP18's and 790's, but played godzilla on my iPad the other day and I can't even read it well enough to save and send to my email or the cloud.

Suffice to say, they're basically spot on with my MP18's in numbers. 8i launch were both in the 17.8 to 18.2 range, ball speeds were both a 115 average, and peaks were 31y with about 7800-8100 rpm spin.

The 790 in comparison was 118 ballspeed, 17.9 launch, and 7200 rpm.

A lot of words to say these are toe to toe with my MP18's. Not the same feel, but its, again, not clicky at all which is a win, it's a nice Forged iron. Distances are good, consistency is great, turf interaction is great, and they're workable as well.

Lots good golf with these so far, including my personal best -3 (69).

You should be able to use a PC or Cell Phone for Foresight Software to share data.
If there is an issue with that software, please message GG and we can speak to Foresight to get instructions on pairing those other devices.

You should be able to use a PC or Cell Phone for Foresight Software to share data.
If there is an issue with that software, please message GG and we can speak to Foresight to get instructions on pairing those other devices.
Its not the app, Josh. I shattered the screen of the iPad and navigating anything is near impossible.

I also have android on the phone and that old app was not good at all, and I believe the new one is 19.00. And not taking a laptop out into the 100 degree heat. The iPad overheated enough times as it was.

Its not the app, Josh. I shattered the screen of the iPad and navigating anything is near impossible.

I also have android on the phone and that old app was not good at all, and I believe the new one is 19.00. And not taking a laptop out into the 100 degree heat. The iPad overheated enough times as it was.

I know its not the app, That is why I said you should be able to use a PC or Android.
If you dont want to take those devices out in the heat, that is a different matter.
Thanks for the input.

As for the cost, for $19 for something necessary to use for THP, certainly a message to GG would be in order.

I know its not the app, That is why I said you should be able to use a PC or Android.
If you dont want to take those devices out in the heat, that is a different matter.
Thanks for the input.

As for the cost, for $19 for something necessary to use for THP, certainly a message to GG would be in order.

As mentioned, the android app last I used it was bad, it was just a mirror of the screen on the LM itself which didn't really serve much propose for me. The new app offers more it seems, but its 19.00 with pretty harsh reviews.

I bought the iPad primarily for the GC2, Lotte using ABC mouse is just a nice bonus, so rest assured I'll pay to fix it as soon as I can.

Back to the irons, with Sox getting his 610's in, thought this could use a bump to see if anyone has any questions, not a formal review here, I just enjoy talking good golf gear.

James is there a new level wedge thread or should I make one? I searched but could not find one

These are making the trip to Bay Hill and Grand Cypress.

Put them back into the bag after trysts with my i200s and 790s but these just perform for me. And, this way some guys will get to try and give feedback on them as well.

Former college golfer who's a mizuno die hard hit them today and the direct quote was "Holy **** these feel amazing"

Can't make that stuff up.

Put them back into the bag after trysts with my i200s and 790s but these just perform for me. And, this way some guys will get to try and give feedback on them as well.

Former college golfer who's a mizuno die hard hit them today and the direct quote was "Holy **** these feel amazing"

They are pretty that’s for sure.

Way
Way too much club for me.

But I like em!

I'm excited to hit them. Adore the wedges.

So sweet looking. Wouldn’t mind taking a few swipes but I’m sure I’ll forget.

BTW, the black ones Eric showed on insta look amazing. I just wish they were something more durable than PVD!

BTW, the black ones Eric showed on insta look amazing. I just wish they were something more durable than PVD!

Exactly, although they could be a display piece. They sure are pretty enough

Back