New Metals for Metal Woods?

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
I was reading about Liquid Metal and it said it was stronger than Titanium. This got me to thinking about the possible uses for metal woods.

Cally has already came out with their forged composites, which was a big hit. Do you think that Titanium is starting to become outdated technology? Who do you think will be the next company to use something other than titanium?

With the COR being already maxed out, I guess I'm not sure what the advantage would be? Clubs are already as light as possible so I don't see an advantage there either...

With the COR being already maxed out, I guess I'm not sure what the advantage would be? Clubs are already as light as possible so I don't see an advantage there either...

As per this link http://www.liquidmetal.com/applications/sporting-and-performance/

"Liquidmetal also has a visible point of difference with scratch resistant surface finishes that can be satin blasted, highly polished, or molded with intricate designs and shapes not possible with other materials". I imagine if the cost is not too prohibitive all of us would like to have less scratches on our golf clubs if nothing else. I am betting that you will seet some OEM's using the liquid metal instead of titanium in the near future. Golfers are always searching for the next great thing.

I've heard tel of magnesium, as it is so light.

Very interesting indeed. Not really sure it will be of any benefit, but I guess time will tell.

Less scratches I am all for! Interesting for sure.

A wedge you can hit and it will never scratch ever. Then when you get bored of it in a year, return it as new!

Yea I agree that in due time something new will show up. I just hope the price don't hop up too much more because of some super material.

A wedge you can hit and it will never scratch ever. Then when you get bored of it in a year, return it as new!

Wedges' grooves wear down and become dull, not just dinged up. "Fingernail" test would kill that idea

Back