New Release: Callaway Apex UW

Agreed. It's prob the best club, since the original VSteel.

I've seen a few posts in here saying it should be improved. The last thing this club needs is "To get better"

There is literally nothing about the UW that needs "improvement"
I mean I always think something can be a little better. That's just the Internet golfer in me. Lol

People would tend to take that as a slight on the club too, because internet, so I'll just remind people that I was one of the first to put it in play and it was the safest club in my bag for a couple seasons. I think it's great. I love it. The new one tends to have my curiosity on potential to be better.

I think, improvement in this case, is more loft options.

The club itself, was designed the way it was for a reason. There are other options that are "hot". This does not need to be that.
I hear what you’re saying. I do think it’s hot. My 3w is fantastic but a UW in a 15* it is not.

I mean I always think something can be a little better. That's just the Internet golfer in me. Lol

People would tend to take that as a slight on the club too, because internet, so I'll just remind people that I was one of the first to put it in play and it was the safest club in my bag for a couple seasons. I think it's great. I love it. The new one tends to have my curiosity on potential to be better.

I also bagged it early. What do you think could be better?

We may be opposite in speed. And by may, I mean are. 😂

For me, there is no flaw in this head.

I also bagged it early. What do you think could be better?

We may be opposite in speed. And by may, I mean are. 😂

For me, there is no flaw in this head.
That post makes no sense. Obviously, it could be faster. 😜

I hear what you’re saying. I do think it’s hot. My 3w is fantastic but a UW in a 15* it is not.

I guess what I'm saying is the UW is balanced. It's a precision club, in a land of low spin bombers.

It should be more popular, and is a fantastic club. I tell anyone who will listen.

I've seen 3 in the wild, outside us psychos. And, people who ask me about mine, are suprised this club is a thing.

The UW is the #lunaticfringe of clubs.

I don’t really have a lot to add right now besides that I like this thing a lot. Kind of wish I’d have gone with a different shaft in it though, unsure if the Riptide is the answer for me.

It's really cool to see this club still getting new users and excitement after this much time.

I know I keep saying this but I love my UWs. Two of the safest clubs in my bag. I would love to have every loft they make.

Im not one that needs the latest and greatest, but I can see why so many are still gaming and/or buying this club. Little thing has a devil inside it and works stupid good.

I felt this way too. I’ve repeatedly posted about playing an almost 10 year old hybrid that now has not been replaced even after 2 fittings. Part of the reason I hesitated so much was spending a decent amount of money with the upgraded shaft on a club that’s a few seasons old but if I can hit this reliably that’s all I care about.

That said, there is still something I'm not totally comfortable with gap wise from the 23, so, it has a challenger coming. The 19 though? I'm not cheating on her ever again outside of reviews or Experiences.

Sounds like you really need to sell it and try something else. 🙏

I’m contemplating a shaft change in my 17, 19, and 21. Can someone confirm the stock shaft length in the 17 for me? I was measuring earlier and it appears that the length of my 17 and 19 are the same length. I purchased both used.

I’m contemplating a shaft change in my 17, 19, and 21. Can someone confirm the stock shaft length in the 17 for me? I was measuring earlier and it appears that the length of my 17 and 19 are the same length. I purchased both used.

Specs are on their site still:

17/19 are both 41.5

Specs are on their site still:

17/19 are both 41.5

Thanks Jman! I was hoping you would chime in, I figured you’d be the man to know!

There's a 16* on eBay if anyone is looking.

I luv both my 17° and 23° UW’s such that I feel guilty sometimes if I don’t play them at least once per round. They are just so darn consistent and easy to hit.

The UW might be my favorite club ever. I was 5/5 fairways today off the tee. A smooth swing and I feel like I’m going to find the fairway. I’m not concerned with going left either as I would with a hybrid or even driving iron.

The original is still amazing and I cannot wait to hit the 2024.

UWs still impress me each time out. I had a few go right on me today and that started a brutal hole after the tee shot lol. I was experimenting with my 3 wood but it is out of the bag. The UWs just work so well when I don’t try and murder the ball.

Just looked at my stats with the UW: for the last 10 rounds, I've found the fairway with it 82% of the time, which is an astounding percentage for me off the tee. I'm at 60% with my 3w and 41% with my driver.

whats the handicap range of y'all using this club? im not the best ball striker in the world but am always searching for something in this loft area.

i see the apex name and it sort of wants me to steer clear of it.

whats the handicap range of y'all using this club? im not the best ball striker in the world but am always searching for something in this loft area.

i see the apex name and it sort of wants me to steer clear of it.

I think it is pretty forgiving. I also think the shorter shaft makes it easier to hit than a lot of fairway woods. Worth at least finding one to hit somewhere and see.

Good day with the UWs.I only had one get away from me left off of the tee but it was found and in a good lie, UW shot of the day was into a par 5 241 out with a nice rail wind. I grabbed the 21* and let it fly. When I drove up over the hill I was on the green looking at an eagle putt! These clubs will never be leaving the bag!

First time out with mine yesterday and I think I'm going to really like them.

Back