New Release: Callaway Apex UW

I'm soooo excited to finally get this on the course on Sunday.

Cheater stick. That's what it is.

Off the deck, off the tee, this thing is wicked. I was honestly surprised at how easy it is to elevate the ball with this club. Typically for me, I see a mid line drive with fairway woods, but this got the ball up in the air with a quickness.

I was having an awesome day with the driver, so didnt use this one off the tee during my round, but I had fun going at Par 5s in 2 with it. 18th hole, I'm 228 to the pin after my tee shot, ripped this one with a baby fade on it, landed front of the green and rolled to about 10 feet from the pin. Missed the eagle putt, made the birdie.

Fun club to hit.

They really do remain practically fool-proof clubs.

I hit the PEE out of my 19 in Ohio at the O last week, and better yet the 23 was dead useful on a couple of the par 5's.

That said, there is still something I'm not totally comfortable with gap wise from the 23, so, it has a challenger coming. The 19 though? I'm not cheating on her ever again outside of reviews or Experiences.

I continue to absolutely love this club. My best shot of the day was probably with the UW. I hit a punchy little thing from trouble. I knew a tree would be in my follow through. I actually hit the tree - thankfully the shaft survived. Just a slight bit of cosmetic damage.

My punchy UW tree smacking follow through still went 230 to the front of the green.

IMG_0290.jpegHate that they rust but love how well they play.

They really do remain practically fool-proof clubs.

I hit the PEE out of my 19 in Ohio at the O last week, and better yet the 23 was dead useful on a couple of the par 5's.

That said, there is still something I'm not totally comfortable with gap wise from the 23, so, it has a challenger coming. The 19 though? I'm not cheating on her ever again outside of reviews or Experiences.
I'm very happy you convinced me to go with the 19 vs the 21. It's a little bomber.

I continue to absolutely love this club. My best shot of the day was probably with the UW. I hit a punchy little thing from trouble. I knew a tree would be in my follow through. I actually hit the tree - thankfully the shaft survived. Just a slight bit of cosmetic damage.

My punchy UW tree smacking follow through still went 230 to the front of the green.
Beast mode with that one. Which degree?

Finally got my dad to hit my 21° UW today and was really pleased with the results! He’s a high cap and a big slicer and the HZRDUS Black 80 6.5 is a couple flexes strong for him, but damned if he didn’t roll his first swing up to the green from 210 which is nearly as far as he hits his drives! These could get a look for his bag.

Finally got my dad to hit my 21° UW today and was really pleased with the results! He’s a high cap and a big slicer and the HZRDUS Black 80 6.5 is a couple flexes strong for him, but damned if he didn’t roll his first swing up to the green from 210 which is nearly as far as he hits his drives! These could get a look for his bag.
Good idea. I need to get my Dad a couple of these. I bet he would love them. Magic stick is what it is.

Good idea. I need to get my Dad a couple of these. I bet he would love them. Magic stick is what it is.
I was curious how he’d hit them as the top of the bag is not is forte and his driver and 3 wood are on the draw setting, but this thing launched beautifully with a baby fade. I think I could talk him into one or two although I’d also like to see him give the super hybrid a try.

Alright finally bought one. 17* on the way. Can’t wait to get back from vacation to hit it.

It's really cool to see this club still getting new users and excitement after this much time.

This past Sunday playing the hardest hole on my home course I experienced probably one of my top three shots of the year so far.

Playing into the wind from 195 yards to the pin. I pulled my 23° UW and hit a Rory like high draw that landed about 15 feet from the hole. Played about a 4 foot break and putt went in center cut for my first birdie this season on this hole.

This hole is such a grind and probably see maybe 2-3 birdies all year on it. I can’t say enough about the UW lineup.

Ian on TXG mentioned a new UW could be on the way…. Curious how Callaway approach that.

It's really cool to see this club still getting new users and excitement after this much time.

Agreed. It's prob the best club, since the original VSteel.

I've seen a few posts in here saying it should be improved. The last thing this club needs is "To get better"

There is literally nothing about the UW that needs "improvement"

Im not one that needs the latest and greatest, but I can see why so many are still gaming and/or buying this club. Little thing has a devil inside it and works stupid good.

Ian on TXG mentioned a new UW could be on the way…. Curious how Callaway approach that.

Hearing this, I have to remind myself:

Agreed. It's prob the best club, since the original VSteel.

I've seen a few posts in here saying it should be improved. The last thing this club needs is "To get better"

There is literally nothing about the UW that needs "improvement"
Don’t know how they will improve it either, but if they manage to, that would be something.

If they don’t release a 15*, I will be disappointed.

Don’t know how they will improve it either, but if they manage to, that would be something.

I wouldnt need a driver if there is a 15*.

I think, improvement in this case, is more loft options.

The club itself, was designed the way it was for a reason. There are other options that are "hot". This does not need to be that.

Back