New Release: Callaway Apex UW

I've loved my previous years UW so much, I just ordered the new 17* AND 21* models.... 🤫

I hit the UW longer than my 3W. I dont know why, but I am not upset about it. I am fairly certain I can drop the 3W and the Heavenwood out of my bag and not skip a beat.
For me, I am making consistently better contact than I am with a 5w, so I'm not losing distance on bad strikes because there really aren't many to speak of.

Had to hit off of mats this evening and I wanted to try out the new grips. I was getting a nice ball flight with a slight draw on both UWs. The slightly bigger grip is allowing me to keep a better grip. The UWs will get a lot of use Sunday in the tourney and I will need good shots made with them. Another range session tomorrow and Friday are scheduled!

The 21° is currently my tee shot club in the garage due to unfavorable club to ceiling interactions with 3 wood. I played Pebble Beach on the simulator from 6,600 yards and had no issue with length. This club is just unreal, I love it.

My UWs got a workout today. They saved e numerous times on second shots putting me into wedge distance on the par 5s. I used the 21* out of thick rough and the small rock area today. All around performers itis hard to beat these clubs.

I was somewhat ambivalent about whether to let go of my prior UWs, because I had ordered them with upgraded Graphite Design shafts and they worked great for me. However, I am glad that I did. The stock shafts fit me great. The little bit higher launch that I am seeing with the new release helps me make these clubs more versatile. I think that I may be hitting them just a tad longer, too. I am now really happy with the purchase.

I just love having these clubs in the bag. Used them multiple times today and they just flat out work. I had a 210 yard uphill shot today that i pulled the 21* out for. I was in the rough and wanted to clear the greenside bunker. I just didn't clear the bunker i cleared the whole green lol. When i drove up i could not see my ball and it was 15 yards behind the pin which was at the back of the green.

I just had a weekend with the new UW's. I was nervous because of my love for the previous UW. But now....I'm not! The new ones launch higher and fly a bit farther. And to my relief they are just as easy and versatile as the previous model. These are another hit. I got the stock MMT shafts, and they work great. No need to feel like I need an upgrade there. They just work.

These have been so dependable I don’t want to move on to newer. It is hard to imagine anything performing better.

Snag a great deal on this older model? Or wait for a new one? Decisions decisions.

Is there really a difference.?

I def prefer the OG head shape over the new one too. But I'm worried about the supposed lower launch on the OG model..

Well, the OG 19.0 has found its way back into the bag and it is absolutely point and shoot for me. I cannot get over it.

Just a minute ago I thought "you should try that 17.0 head that is actually 16.0 that you have"...

So, I did.

LOL
@ddec I need a ruling? Hahahaha

Screenshot (274).png

Last edited:
you disgust me. But I appreciate your swing path.

you disgust me. But I appreciate your swing path.
Hell of a lot more efficient than my driver swing is right now 😭

I’ll also say, I think the OG UW is a Mount Rushmore club design. It’s impeccable. Absolutely perfection.

The 21° is both my favorite hybrid and wood ever. I know there is a new model that is getting some love. This feels like don’t mess with what is working perfectly.

The 21° is both my favorite hybrid and wood ever. I know there is a new model that is getting some love. This feels like don’t mess with what is working perfectly.
Have both in the 19, prefer the OG, both are good, this is great.

Well, the OG 19.0 has found its way back into the bag and it is absolutely point and shoot for me. I cannot get over it.

Just a minute ago I thought "you should try that 17.0 head that is actually 16.0 that you have"...

So, I did.

LOL
@ddec I need a ruling? Hahahaha

View attachment 9252227
Wait, you are getting 152 ball speed out of a 98 mph swing? That is a 1.55 smash factor, something I have never seen in a driver, let alone a fairway or utility club. That is truly mind blowing.

And to think it all emanated from hitting my UW on the course. 😂

What’s crazy to me is I’m expecting fairway wood type contact and feel/sound so when I hit it it’s almost like a feeling of hitting it chunky because it’s so high but man it gets to the desired yardage. I’m still not used to it haha

And to think it all emanated from hitting my UW on the course. 😂
It took a little getting used to but has only gotten much better since then.

I’ll also say, I think the OG UW is a Mount Rushmore club design. It’s impeccable. Absolutely perfection.
How did it compare to the updated version in your opinion?

How did it compare to the updated version in your opinion?
Have both. Both are great, this one is more comfortable for me, and more workable for me.

Have both. Both are great, this one is more comfortable for me, and more workable for me.
Do you have an insight are to why?

Do you have an insight are to why?
Just general performance for me. Both are great, but I think at the price the OG is a no brainer.

Back