New video game "The Golf Club"

It is on xbone and u don't need kinect

Available in the Microsoft Store through the xbox1

Just played Magnolia National for the first time...that is a solid Augusta replica.

Go to the store on xbox and search for it.

Tap Talking my way thru the world of golf!

Stupid question but is this game available on the Xbox One? My son just got an Xbox One for his birthday but I'm not seeing this game at Walmart or online at Amazon... I haven't checked game stop yet.

Is it Kinect based? If so, he didn't get that sensor as part of his game set so doesn't have Kinect.

It is digital download only so you are going to have to search for it in the Marketplace.

I'll give both things a try. And I figured everyone hits the ball the same. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything by not doing something correctly

Just played Magnolia National for the first time...that is a solid Augusta replica.
That one is the best replica I've seen. Incredible details, but still looks weird without a crowd!

That one is the best replica I've seen. Incredible details, but still looks weird without a crowd!

I've played a lot of golf games, and it is easily the best user made replica of Augusta I have seen.

It does look very strange without a crowd, and actually one of the reasons that I think playing it in person could not live up to the expectations from watching the Masters...but I would suffer and do so anyway if the opportunity arose.

Agreed. Played it again last night just because.
For myself putting, I always line up the aiming post correctly for distance as well, cause if that's right it'll add 3% to your chance of making it. On the joystick, I bring it back like a few mm or like 1/16 of an inch, and once my putter pulls back to the right distance, push forward all the way, hard and straight. Not bringing the joystick back all the way has straightened my putts a lot. Well works for me, maybe it'll help you.
You mean putting the marker either short of, or past, the hole based on up/downhill?

But definitely agree with not pulling the stick all the way back unless you're like 40+ feet away. I also use the left stick which helps me TONS.

Just played Pine Valley New Jersey (Championship tees) also, and even though that is not a course I know as well as Augusta, it is a top notch real rendition also.

I think we are seeing what is typical of these games with built-in designers in that it takes some time for the guys who put the time in to figure out all the tricks and tips of the tools and the courses get better and better over time.

Agreed. Played it again last night just because.

You mean putting the marker either short of, or past, the hole based on up/downhill?
Ya on the hb studios forum they state that this is true. It only really helps 3%, but thats better than nothing.

Last edited:
But definitely agree with not pulling the stick all the way back unless you're like 40+ feet away. I also use the left stick which helps me TONS.
I also have Kontolfreeks on my joystick, so fine tuning is easier, and seems easier to shoot straight. I bought them for bf4, but it seems they work great for this game too.

Spending a ton of time on my current course. Doing all of the fairways and hazards from scratch. Only have the front nine done. Added in a driving range, short game practice area, and putting green.

Spending a ton of time on my current course. Doing all of the fairways and hazards from scratch. Only have the front nine done. Added in a driving range, short game practice area, and putting green.
The only way to do it and have it look right. Probably 4 of my last 6 were from scratch. I just randomize from the outset, delete every single hole, and start fresh.

The only way to do it and have it look right. Probably 4 of my last 6 were from scratch. I just randomize from the outset, delete every single hole, and start fresh.

You know you can start with 0 holes, right?

I don't know why, but all of my courses have a driving range, putting/chipping green, and a parking lot.

I'm also working on one that I'm pretty excited about but will take a whole to complete.

I was reluctant to get this game until reading through all this. May give it a shot now. Haven't bought a golf game since '12 Masters (Which was a major let down for me).

Haven't seriously built a course yet. May start one tonight. I didn't even know you could build from scratch. I thought you had to take the holes they gave you and you could customize those

You know you can start with 0 holes, right?
Hrmm I guess you could. :doh:
I was reluctant to get this game until reading through all this. May give it a shot now. Haven't bought a golf game since '12 Masters (Which was a major let down for me).
Me too. I never got more than 1/2 way through it I don't think.

Anyone know if Bethpage has been created? I was thinking of building both the Red and Black courses.

Just picked this up on PS4 and after one round I can see this will be a game that keeps me occupied for awhile. It's going to take a bit to get used to the short-game aspects of this game, but other than that everything seems to be very fluid gameplay wise.

Anyone know if Bethpage has been created? I was thinking of building both the Red and Black courses.

I know black has been created, haven't looked for red.

I just published a new course called The Pines.

Got this off the HB forum for a realistic golf tour, to correspond with the real world counterparts, they don't have them all, but they'll update as soon as worthy courses are submitted. Good idea, and I'll try keep this list updated as well on this thread.

2vpvJx.png

I just signed up on that TGC Tours site. Going to have to do Q-School tonight to see how far under the PGA tour I'll have to start.

Back