Newbie from the Tampa Bay area

striketoscore

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all! I'm Mike. I think golf all the time, so I figured I'd join. If any others are interested in pairing for casual rounds on Tuesdays, feel free to PM me. Thanks.:golf3:

Welcome aboard Mike.

Hi Mike - :welcome:

Welcome to THP Mike.

Hey Mike! Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP and just so you know I am very jealous of where you live.

welcome!

welcome aboard Mike! where do you play in Clearwater?

Welcome to THP!!

Thanks everyone! Sodakrep, yeah it's usually nice and warm but has been a bit nippy lately. Sunday_hacker, I sometimes play Cove Cay and East Bay but I usually play Shalamar Creek in Lakeland on the weekend. Sometimes my friend and I take road trips to Sarasota or Brooksville on Tuesdays but he's had a slipped disk and hasn't played for a while.

Thanks everyone! Sodakrep, yeah it's usually nice and warm but has been a bit nippy lately. Sunday_hacker, I sometimes play Cove Cay and East Bay but I usually play Shalamar Creek in Lakeland on the weekend. Sometimes my friend and I take road trips to Sarasota or Brooksville on Tuesdays but he's had a slipped disk and hasn't played for a while.

Cove Cay is a nice course played there a handful of times, havent played East Bay yet though. Clearwater CC is nice as well with the railroad tracks in play on 2-3 holes! Chi Chi's is another very nice course in that area. Played the Belleview Biltmore once and was very impressed. The Claw in Tampa is another challenging track and home of the USF Bulls golf team. Brooksville CC is a very cool course. love the quarry holes! check out this site for great discounts!

Golf Tee Times - Golf Courses - Make Golf Reservations on GolfHub.com

There are hundreds of great courses around the area depending on what you are willing to pay. Westchase was our home course before moving down south. But there are plenty of great ones.

no doubt JB we do live in a great area for golf! havent had the chance to play West Chase yet mainly due to price, am hoping to play it this summer when the rates drop. The Copperhead at Innisbrook is my local dream course to play some day. worked on the Island course for two summers when I was 16y and 17y. Made it to the Transitions last year for the final round to see the Goose win. but the best part was getting to walk bare foot on the course when we were walking out! :bananadance: gonna be there this year again as my friend scored a 4 pack of tickets from a friend of his who works there!

We covered Transitions last year as well. I have played Copperhead quite a bit. Great course.

Cove Cay is a nice course played there a handful of times, havent played East Bay yet though. Clearwater CC is nice as well with the railroad tracks in play on 2-3 holes! Chi Chi's is another very nice course in that area. Played the Belleview Biltmore once and was very impressed. The Claw in Tampa is another challenging track and home of the USF Bulls golf team. Brooksville CC is a very cool course. love the quarry holes! check out this site for great discounts!

Thx Sunday... Do you ever use paradiseteetimes or golfnow? Have you ever played Schalamar Creek in Lakeland. It's kind of my home course and a bit of a hidden gem. Schalamar Creek Golf and Country Club in Lakeland FL - Best public golf course in Central Florida

Welcome to THP

you should try some of the courses in Hillsborough Cty and just over the Skyway bridge. Ive never been a fan of most of the Pinellas Cty courses (with the exception of 2 listed below) or The Claw

Pinellas Cty Courses We Play:
Lansbrook
Bardmoor

Hillsborough Courses We Play:
The Eagles
Heritage Harbor
Westchase
Links of Lake Bernadette
Northdale
Pebble Creek
TPC Tampa
Walden Lakes

Over the Skyway:
Legacy (a favorite)
University Park (a favorite)
Buffalo Creek
Imperial Lakewoods

We covered Transitions last year as well. I have played Copperhead quite a bit. Great course.
I'd love to play Copperhead or Innisbrook at some point. I keep telling myself I'll pay the $$$ posh rounds after I drop an extra 5 strokes off my HC, lol. My company has co-sponsored a few of the pga events and I could have played a late round if I did volunteer work, but I couldn't arrange my schedule in time. Have you ever played Diamondback, Riverstrand, Worldwoods or Providence? They had some great summer rates. Sunday_hacker,I agree those brooksville quarry holes are sweeet!

WorldWoods is awesome IMO. right now their rates are $79 and $99, but yeah, Summer rates are cheap. Great practice facility too. I love both courses. Not one home on either course (rare for Florida i think) and hilly fairways (also rare for Florida). definitely one of my favorite places to play (forgot to mention WW in my post above)

you should try some of the courses in Hillsborough Cty and just over the Skyway bridge. Ive never been a fan of most of the Pinellas Cty courses (with the exception of 2 listed below) or The Claw
Of those courses you've listed above, I've only played Bernadette and Bardmoor(a long time ago). I may wait for summer to try a few of the others(beer wallet syndrome):crying:. I used to play Apollo beach when I was a bit younger, I wonder what condition it's in now.

Back