Nike Adds MachSpeed Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

You can see our pictures of the ladies version here.
Ladies Nike MachSpeed Irons - The Hackers Paradise

Nike Golf is adding more energy and speed to its exciting new SQ MACHSPEED line of clubs with the introduction of the SQ MACHSPEED hybrids. Nike athlete Suzann Pettersen used the new hybrids in competition for the first time at the Honda PTT LPGA event in Thailand, where she finished second.

As with the Nike SQ MACHSPEED drivers, fairway woods and irons, the SQ MACHSPEED hybrids use the power of aerodynamics to help golfers hit the ball farther and straighter - all due to speed. Nike's Total Swing Aerodynamic technology is designed to create a higher initial ball velocity and launch angle with less spin.

"The key to gaining more distance is to increase ball speed. The key to increasing ball speed is through aerodynamics," said Tom Stites, Director of Club Creation for Nike Golf. "We've been able to optimize aerodynamics in the total golf swing. This helps to create a faster clubhead and ball speed."

Nike's Total Swing Aerodynamic Design moves the air faster across the sole, over the crown and around the skirt for incremental swing speed advances.

For maximum stability and forgiveness in all kinds of lies, the SQ MACHSPEED hybrids feature Tour proven square technology by moving weight out and into the corners. A 455 ultra thin steel face delivers hotter response and longer shots.

Availability: February 25, 2010 at golf shops and specialty stores nationwide.

Men's Loft Options: #2/18-degree (RH/LH); #3/21-degree (RH/LH); #4/24-degree (RH/LH); #5/27-degree (RH/LH); #6/30-degree (RH/LH); All are available in S,R,A
MSRP: $179.99

Women's Loft Options: #5/25-degree (RH); #6/30-degree (RH); W
MSRP: $179.99

2016345.jpeg

:good:

Since I don't buy new, expensive clubs just to do it, I can't dignify a purchase of one of these.......... yet.

I have hit these though and they are sweet. Nice, forgiving head on it that gives you confidence to hit any shot, but at the same time, the look is a slick kind of look that's really sharp to look at.

It's got some good pop to it too.

Not bad....at some point with these prices going the way they are, I could see people dumping their fairway woods and picking up more hybrids.

• Admin
Not bad....at some point with these prices going the way they are, I could see people dumping their fairway woods and picking up more hybrids.

That is MSRP, the street price will be lower.

i can't wait to see these. i was in the market for a new hybrid whilst in myrtle beach over the weekend and i hit a ton of them but this is the one i'm holding out for. i had my nike sq2 in the simulator and i was hitting it along side the a7, the vr, the tm rescue, the dst, and the diablo edge, and the sq2 was by far the best performer for me, hence my eager anticipation to get a hold of the machspeed.

btw, the a7 is a sweet feeling club!

We went to the range yesterday and tried out the ladies hybrids....they are like a rocket. I couldn't get over the distance I was getting from them.

That's awesome... but more temptations for me...should've neve said my bag was set huh? lol

If I wasn't in love/lust with my Fybrids...I'd bring one of these babies home in a hurry.

We went to the range yesterday and tried out the ladies hybrids....they are like a rocket. I couldn't get over the distance I was getting from them.

GG, could you see replacing the rescue with this stick? i'd like to hear a little more of your thoughts on this club. of anything on the market, this particular hybrid has the most of my attention.

GG, could you see replacing the rescue with this stick? i'd like to hear a little more of your thoughts on this club. of anything on the market, this particular hybrid has the most of my attention.

I can't say for sure yet since it's only really had a range session. I want to get it on the course and in the hands of more testers but I will update you soon. I can say from preliminary testing this club is AWESOME! I really liked it a lot so it's a definite possibility to find a place in my bag.

I can't say for sure yet since it's only really had a range session. I want to get it on the course and in the hands of more testers but I will update you soon. I can say from preliminary testing this club is AWESOME! I really liked it a lot so it's a definite possibility to find a place in my bag.

i can't wait for your update.

what about JB? has he had the chance to hit the machspeed?

Tcalloway, can I call you T? haha

I'm getting one of these soon! Here's my plan... If you buy the Machspeed driver, you get a $75 gift card for the place you bought it to be used on Nike Golf. So, with that $75, I'll add my $20 Dick's Sporting Goods rewards certificate, and I only owe them $55 for the Hybrid!

I have the SQ2 Hybrid, the one before the dymo, and I love that club. I expect great things out of this one.

Of course, I'll then sell my Nike hybrid and burner driver(maybe) but can't decide if I'll replace my 3 wood too or use that money for baby stuff... :act-up:

Tcalloway, can I call you T? haha

I'm getting one of these soon! Here's my plan... If you buy the Machspeed driver, you get a $75 gift card for the place you bought it to be used on Nike Golf. So, with that $75, I'll add my $20 Dick's Sporting Goods rewards certificate, and I only owe them $55 for the Hybrid!

I have the SQ2 Hybrid, the one before the dymo, and I love that club. I expect great things out of this one.

Of course, I'll then sell my Nike hybrid and burner driver(maybe) but can't decide if I'll replace my 3 wood too or use that money for baby stuff... :act-up:

Baby stuff? As in, a live, little human being sort of person?

Baby stuff? As in, a live, little human being sort of person?

Haha, Yes indeed. I'm going to be a dad!

The other day, my wife and my cousin went to the range with me. There was a gentleman there with his wife and his little girl. She looked about 4 or 5. She was hitting balls about 4 or 5 yards but was cute. My wife then said we will get our child the little fisher price type plastic set of clubs first... That guy helped me out! haha

Now if I just get her to not say "I'm not watching golf" when she sits down with me.

Haha, Yes indeed. I'm going to be a dad!

The other day, my wife and my cousin went to the range with me. There was a gentleman there with his wife and his little girl. She looked about 4 or 5. She was hitting balls about 4 or 5 yards but was cute. My wife then said we will get our child the little fisher price type plastic set of clubs first... That guy helped me out! haha

Now if I just get her to not say "I'm not watching golf" when she sits down with me.

Good stuff. And congrats are in order to you as well.

As for what you should be spending money on? I'd definitely go w/ the clubs.

/actually, don't take my advice on that

Haha, yeah, I'm going to get the driver for one because I like it and for two because I want the $75 to use on the hybrid. I have the SQ2 hybrid and love it so I'm going to upgrade. Really because I'd rather get something lasting with the $75 gift card like the hybrid instead of balls or something that I won't have anything to show for after a while.

Since we will soon have the same driver, you guys should stop through Huntsville on your trip and I'll show you how to use it! (oooooohh) haha

Haha, yeah, I'm going to get the driver for one because I like it and for two because I want the $75 to use on the hybrid. I have the SQ2 hybrid and love it so I'm going to upgrade. Really because I'd rather get something lasting with the $75 gift card like the hybrid instead of balls or something that I won't have anything to show for after a while.

Since we will soon have the same driver, you guys should stop through Huntsville on your trip and I'll show you how to use it! (oooooohh) haha

hahahha..... that made me laugh out loud.

Made up your mind on a Machspeed then?

Made up your mind on a Machspeed then?

Yep. And like I said, the fact that you get a $75 gift card to put towards Nike Golf equipment definitely plays a part. I'll use that, plus my $20 for Dick's then pay $55 out of pocket for the Hybrid. So essentially, I'm getting driver and hybrid for $355... not bad at all.

If this hybrid is anything like the SQ2 I'll love it. The Machspeed driver looks good, but I love the looks of these new hybrids too. Actually, I like all the Machspeed woods.

After GG saying these were like a rocket, I can't wait to hit it! It'll probably take the SQ2 Hybrid's place as my favorite club.

Yep. And like I said, the fact that you get a $75 gift card to put towards Nike Golf equipment definitely plays a part. I'll use that, plus my $20 for Dick's then pay $55 out of pocket for the Hybrid. So essentially, I'm getting driver and hybrid for $355... not bad at all.

If this hybrid is anything like the SQ2 I'll love it. The Machspeed driver looks good, but I love the looks of these new hybrids too. Actually, I like all the Machspeed woods.

After GG saying these were like a rocket, I can't wait to hit it! It'll probably take the SQ2 Hybrid's place as my favorite club.

Like I posted earlier in this thread, I can't justify buying one of these hybrids over the ones I have. The ones I have aren't even two years old yet, and its not like they're outdated by any means.

Like you said, the Sumo2 hybrids are awesome clubs. In your case w/ the nice deal that Nike is offering, it does make sense to get something that you're going to still have a year down the road.

Like you said, the Sumo2 hybrids are awesome clubs. In your case w/ the nice deal that Nike is offering, it does make sense to get something that you're going to still have a year down the road.

Exactly. I don't need it because I like my SQ2 a lot. But I don't know what else I'd use that $75 on besides balls. And those will be gone eventually... haha.

Exactly. I don't need it because I like my SQ2 a lot. But I don't know what else I'd use that $75 on besides balls. And those will be gone eventually... haha.

Looking at your bag, did you think about possibly addressing the gap between your 3 wood and your 3 hybrid? How about a Machpseed 5 wood? 4 wood?

2 hybrid?

Looking at your bag, did you think about possibly addressing the gap between your 3 wood and your 3 hybrid? How about a Machpseed 5 wood? 4 wood?

2 hybrid?

Would a 5 wood be much longer than a 3 hybrid? I just always thought the difference in distance would be about the same between those two.

Plus, that would put me at 15 clubs.

Would a 5 wood be much longer than a 3 hybrid? I just always thought the difference in distance would be about the same between those two.

Plus, that would put me at 15 clubs.

No, it wouldn't be much longer than a 3 hybrid at all. But the 4 wood, which is what I have, is 17* in loft. Which would fit your gap pretty good. I believe the 2 hybrid is 18* if I remember right.??

And I got 13 clubs when I did a count of what I thought your iron set consisted of.

Driver, 3 wood, 3 hybrid, 4-PW, 2 wedges, putter = 13 clubs, no?

No, it wouldn't be much longer than a 3 hybrid at all. But the 4 wood, which is what I have, is 17* in loft. Which would fit your gap pretty good. I believe the 2 hybrid is 18* if I remember right.??

And I got 13 clubs when I did a count of what I thought your iron set consisted of.

Driver, 3 wood, 3 hybrid, 4-PW, 2 wedges, putter = 13 clubs, no?

Have an A wedge that came with the R7 set. But you were darn close! I want to replace that with a 52* CG15 someday...

Man, golf is expensive! Haha

Sorry Nike and I jacked this thread THP.

But, it was about the Machspeed Hybrid in a round about way... How I'm gonna get it and where it fits in my bag!

Ok, pm me Nike... Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Back