Nike Hyperadapt Golf Bag - THP Review

pretty cool to see the kids from Oregon using this bag in the NCAA Finals. Obviously there is a huge Nike tie with that university, but still pretty cool.

It was a double edged sword, the bag looks great, but I went to the other school in Oregon and despise the ducks.... Very cool bag and they probably got some great feedback on that bag since practicing in Oregon you never know what you might need in your bag for the next 4-5 hours.

So I went through Jman's review, and then read back through this entire thread. I walk the majority of my rounds (probably >80% of my rounds) and it seems like in the parking lot before the round, I'm always dumping stuff out of my bag to make it lighter. Some of that is where the clubs live (Orange Whip, alignment rods) so this bag doesn't solve that issue, but other stuff like rain gear and extra towels for inclement weather doesn't always have to come with me for my walking rounds. The convenience of being able to snap on and off the pockets would be nice. Another area this could work is when I go to the range, just make it a "Sunday" bag with a few clubs and that's it. Now, am I ready to pay $350 for it? Probably not...I'll have to drop some hints about a Father's Day gift or wait until the holiday season at the end of the year.

Jman, one question: where would a water bottle go on this bag? Is there a dedicated pocket for it, or would it need to go in the "cooler" section?

I found it for $315 from what seemed to be a reputable seller on Ebay with Free shipping and I don't think any sales tax. Still steep, but 10% off the price if you buy it from Nike.

Selfishly I hope this bag doesn't get any traction and I am able to find one end of this year for around $200.

Saw this bag last nigh watching the NCAA championships. It was easy to see the guys had the bag stripped down for carrying. I'm sure colors had something to do with it but it looks really good. Has me pondering it

Enjoyed the review, James. Great info and appreciate the video.

I found it for $315 from what seemed to be a reputable seller on Ebay with Free shipping and I don't think any sales tax. Still steep, but 10% off the price if you buy it from Nike.

Selfishly I hope this bag doesn't get any traction and I am able to find one end of this year for around $200.

Another thing about this bag: it doesn't seem like I can find it on websites for golf stores like Golfsmith and such, only on Nike.com or eBay. It's harder to think about paying that high of a price for a bag when you can't look at it in a store.

Another thing about this bag: it doesn't seem like I can find it on websites for golf stores like Golfsmith and such, only on Nike.com or eBay. It's harder to think about paying that high of a price for a bag when you can't look at it in a store.
A big miss by Nike, yet another one on the equipment side of things. They don't get it.

A big miss by Nike, yet another one on the equipment side of things. They don't get it.

Good conversation about this on the latest episode of THP Radio.

Giving that a listen after work. As an unabashed fan of what Nike is doing with (most of) their clubs in the last 2 years, their marketing is hilariously inept.

Actually listening to it right now and that prompted my post in this thread.

They hired a new president of golf a couple of years ago that came over from Jordan Brand. Is he still in that role? If so, it would make a lot of sense that their golf "marketing" is like their shoe marketing in other sports, and why they do really well in the golf shoe market and not so well in other areas.

I think that is the biggest thing, you have to buy it to see what it is actually like in person. If they had it in some stores you could actually see how it works and probably get a better idea of how the functionality would affect most golfers. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I am waiting to see if this comes for sale at a severe discount and then will probably pick one up.

Just got an update from Ebay that the Hyperadapt bag from the seller is down to $299.00 free shipping. Still pretty spendy,but cheaper than $350 plus tax if you buy it from Nike.

Love the concept and those clips seem pretty "trick". Price is out of my league but I am sure it will come down a bit at some point. Nice review.

Bumping this up as I went to Nike's website and it is now priced at $199. That gets it under $220 delivered for me... don't need it, and really trying hard to keep from clicking and finalizing an order for it.

Bumping this up as I went to Nike's website and it is now priced at $199. That gets it under $220 delivered for me... don't need it, and really trying hard to keep from clicking and finalizing an order for it.

That's rather interesting because the concept is solid.

At that price I'm intrigued. As someone who walks 90 percent of the time buy likes extra space when I take a cart it's a good fit for my needs.

Do it. If I wasn't about to get a bag matching my HS team, I'd grab another.

That's rather interesting because the concept is solid.

Its one of the best carry bags ever released from concept to performance, and as with so much golf, Nike pissed away an opportunity.

At that price I'm intrigued. As someone who walks 90 percent of the time buy likes extra space when I take a cart it's a good fit for my needs.

Its ideal for that. In practice when I walk with the kids, I take the pockets off, when we ride, they go back on. Versatile to the max.

I get the concept and applaud them for thinking outside the box but I'd rather have a cart bag and a carry bag. I love my Sun Mountain Two Five for walking rounds and my Ogio Silencer Cart for riding. At $200 I think they will sell some of these but few would pay the $350 retail price.

I told James that whenever they do the fire sale of this bag I will own one. The concept and functionality of it just work perfectly for what I want.

I told James that whenever they do the fire sale of this bag I will own one. The concept and functionality of it just work perfectly for what I want.

Yep. I have no problem calling it THE BEST carry bag I have ever used.

Oh no, I did not need to see this. Headed to Nike.com now.

Oh no, I did not need to see this. Headed to Nike.com now.

Sorry man... already ordered mine. Free shipping if you sign up for Nike+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my bag in today, quick shipping from Nike. Even reading the great review I didn't quite get out this bag worked. It really is unique and truly innovative. You can fold up the legs, take the straps off and it becomes incredibly sleek. 2 Waterproof pouches and the 2 more standard..

I am impressed and may give it a try on my cart Sunday.

Got my bag in today, quick shipping from Nike. Even reading the great review I didn't quite get out this bag worked. It really is unique and truly innovative. You can fold up the legs, take the straps off and it becomes incredibly sleek. 2 Waterproof pouches and the 2 more standard..

I am impressed and may give it a try on my cart Sunday.

Any update from your round over the weekend? With my birthday and Christmas coming up, I'm thinking of asking for this bag as a gift. There's nothing big that's wrong with my current Sun Mountain bag, but the versatility of this bag intrigues the heck out of me.

Any update from your round over the weekend? With my birthday and Christmas coming up, I'm thinking of asking for this bag as a gift. There's nothing big that's wrong with my current Sun Mountain bag, but the versatility of this bag intrigues the heck out of me.

Its really freaking good.

Back