Nike Hyperadapt Golf Bag - THP Review

Yep, it'll go up this week, keep an eye on this thread and the homepage. Also worth checking out On The Tee Box on THP Radio as Dean and I did discuss it a lot.

Really good bag, which I'll be continuing to game post review, which is saying a lot.

Your discussion of this bag makes this a huge ponder for me as i ripped a hole in my cart bag last weekend. To your point I wish Nike did more marketing on this one.

As someone who loves a good bag, this one is intriguing as heck. But count me as one that doesn't understand Nike's marketing (or complete lack there of) as THP is the only place I have seen or heard anything about this bag.

I don't check a ton of sites, but get plenty of emails from various online stores as well as have subscriptions to both Gold Digest and Golf Magazine and nothing on this one.

Looking forward to seeing the full review.

Really don't understand how they are releasing stand bags @ $200 a pop.

Seems over zealous.

Seems over zealous.

A well designed and comfortable bag makes a world of difference, especially if you're a walker.

for $200 each it better clean your golf clubs while they are in the bag.

Your discussion of this bag makes this a huge ponder for me as i ripped a hole in my cart bag last weekend. To your point I wish Nike did more marketing on this one.

I'll say this, if you are predominantly a rider, this bag doesn't make much sense to me. It rides fantastically with no shifting/shimmying while strapped in, but for the price you can get a nice waterproof cart bag and then some. If you are a walker though, its brilliant.

As someone who loves a good bag, this one is intriguing as heck. But count me as one that doesn't understand Nike's marketing (or complete lack there of) as THP is the only place I have seen or heard anything about this bag.

I don't check a ton of sites, but get plenty of emails from various online stores as well as have subscriptions to both Gold Digest and Golf Magazine and nothing on this one.

Looking forward to seeing the full review.

Nike dropped the ball, I really believe that and Ddec and I discusses as much on the last THP Radio episode of "On The Tee Box", this one should have been pushed HARD at walkers IMO, but their golf marketing is weak in all areas, not just here.

Also, yet another reason THP is better than all those magazines when it comes to gear and reviews :alien: (Kidding....or am I?)

Seems over zealous.

for $200 each it better clean your golf clubs while they are in the bag.

This one is $350, FWIW.

As to your stance on price, I get it, but some are more than willing to pay more for a bag that checks all of their needs. This one will turn off many based on price, especially non-walkers, but don't fool yourself into thinking there isn't a market for these high-end stand bags, because there most definitely is.

Great review JMAN. Seems like a solid bag for a dedicated walker who likes to carry.

Good review. Very versatile bag and options for a walker is a good thing. Price tag is a downside for someone like me who only walks periodically and when I do it's using a push cart but with the ability to reduce weight would change the thoughts about carrying those days.

Went ahead and added the link to the OP as well for future reference sake.

This one is crazy unique and really damn good. Sure, the price is a sticking point but for walkers (which this is undoubtedly aimed at) there is a ton that makes the price more understandable.

Man those pockets are easy to move. Nice touch with the video. Love the idea of this bag and having the pockets loaded and ready to go in the trunk add them if you want and leave then if you don't. Even on a cart I like it. If I'm driving or a passenger I could move the pockets to make things more accessible. As we have already seen in this thread the price gets people stuck but to have a bag that provides everything you want and looks good it would be worth it. It sounds like this one won't need to be replaced for a very long time.

Nice review.

The bag just makes sense! And for all it does I’m not sure the price tag is that out of bounds. People spend double that on equipment they use for a few months. Good stuff James!!!

The bag just makes sense! And for all it does I’m not sure the price tag is that out of bounds. People spend double that on equipment they use for a few months. Good stuff James!!!
This is a great point, along with a great review. I use the same bag every round and have used the same bag for the past 5 years. I also know people who buy 2-3 different bags for different course styles. Why not just purchase one that covers them all?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is a great point, along with a great review. I use the same bag every round and have used the same bag for the past 5 years. I also know people who buy 2-3 different bags for different course styles. Why not just purchase one that covers them all?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm guilty of it, and that's why I love this product.

Giving this thread a bump as the review hit the homepage this morning. Also we spent some time talking about it on #THPRadio. Too good of a product to be overlooked.

Thanks Dean, really appreciate that buddy.

Great review. I think it's a great idea and looks to be a great functioning bag. Nike needs to get the word out there on this one. I think my last Ping bag lasted me almost 10 years so the price point is not absurd if it gets used a lot and will last.

So this bag is back on sale at Nike's website. I would love to check one out in person. I definitely don't need it but I really love the idea and innovation in this bag.

So I went through Jman's review, and then read back through this entire thread. I walk the majority of my rounds (probably >80% of my rounds) and it seems like in the parking lot before the round, I'm always dumping stuff out of my bag to make it lighter. Some of that is where the clubs live (Orange Whip, alignment rods) so this bag doesn't solve that issue, but other stuff like rain gear and extra towels for inclement weather doesn't always have to come with me for my walking rounds. The convenience of being able to snap on and off the pockets would be nice. Another area this could work is when I go to the range, just make it a "Sunday" bag with a few clubs and that's it. Now, am I ready to pay $350 for it? Probably not...I'll have to drop some hints about a Father's Day gift or wait until the holiday season at the end of the year.

Jman, one question: where would a water bottle go on this bag? Is there a dedicated pocket for it, or would it need to go in the "cooler" section?

Nice write-up and video, James.

Price is a little steep - hope it goes on sale.

I love the modularity of this bag - allows one to add and subtract depending on what the weather is doing and whether one rides or walks.

Is there a nice water bottle pocket?

pretty cool to see the kids from Oregon using this bag in the NCAA Finals. Obviously there is a huge Nike tie with that university, but still pretty cool.

So I went through Jman's review, and then read back through this entire thread. I walk the majority of my rounds (probably >80% of my rounds) and it seems like in the parking lot before the round, I'm always dumping stuff out of my bag to make it lighter. Some of that is where the clubs live (Orange Whip, alignment rods) so this bag doesn't solve that issue, but other stuff like rain gear and extra towels for inclement weather doesn't always have to come with me for my walking rounds. The convenience of being able to snap on and off the pockets would be nice. Another area this could work is when I go to the range, just make it a "Sunday" bag with a few clubs and that's it. Now, am I ready to pay $350 for it? Probably not...I'll have to drop some hints about a Father's Day gift or wait until the holiday season at the end of the year.

Jman, one question: where would a water bottle go on this bag? Is there a dedicated pocket for it, or would it need to go in the "cooler" section?

There is a water bottle place on the outside of the cooler pocket.

pretty cool to see the kids from Oregon using this bag in the NCAA Finals. Obviously there is a huge Nike tie with that university, but still pretty cool.

Yeah, this is badass.

OREGON_Women_2016_original-1280x720.jpg

That is badass. If they do the same for OSU I'll be tempted on the bag. Shoes didn't do it for me.

Back