Nike Vapor Fly Driver & Vapor Fly Pro Preview

Obviously out of the gate, it seems to have done pretty well for Paul Casey...

I love the look! That isn't Cobra or Mizuno blue at all. It's also not UCLA blue and gold.

The color combo looks great to me and it was a smart move for Nike IMO.

post-183986-14431258054689_thumb.jpg

I kind of like the color combo. At least I wont have to ditch my volt bag haha.

Paul Casey has the Vapor Fly in play this week, according to this interview: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13733805

Says it's similar in design properties to the Vapor Speed driver, but CG is lower and further back on the new driver as compared to the Vapor Speed.

Woof.

I'm an adamant Nike supporter after last year, but this, yeesh in the looks department. I'm still eager to hit it though.

They're also using this blue in the new putters.

What color is the crown?

Looks like a Seahawks fan custom ID'd it.

I liked my blue Amp Cell quite a bit and I'm sure this will look similar at address. I just wish they'd take that dumb swoosh off the crown.

I think i like that better than last years volt.

I dont think is smart by them to go with such polarising designs though

I kind of dig these looks,looking forward to the feedback

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I love that colour combo and Nike has been killing over the past few years with drivers, yup I need to hit this.

I like the color combo, I'm glad they stayed with volt but still brought something different.

Odd color scheme but I'd like to try out both models. I've been a fan of Nike drivers as of late and was headed that route until I fell in love with my current gamer.

I just picked this up at the employee store this weekend. Every other hat of this style was white, black or a combo of white and black.

eb7a36d1c78c9e78a0e1f380d3a108ba.jpg

Also whole sections of golf shirts in that color of blue.

Looks like a Seahawks fan custom ID'd it.

I liked my blue Amp Cell quite a bit and I'm sure this will look similar at address. I just wish they'd take that dumb swoosh off the crown.

Hahaha no joke...I know a guy at work who will be all over it for that reason.

I've still got no problem with the swoosh, honestly. It definitely pops though, which is polarizing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I just picked up a vapor speed and I have to tell yah so far I love that driver.

I'll be interested to see what other color may make its way into the Fly Pro. In the current line up the speed had chrome accents/face, while the pro had a black face. I'm not sure I'd like black with the blue/volt combo.

Will be interested to see how this stacks up to my current Pro - never HIT a Nike club until my fitting and this driver just works, even if I cannot stand the Volt color!

...I like this color combo better than the black and volt for some reason.

I have to agree with you there Colin. I'm interested in getting my hands on either this year's or last year's driver. Haven't been able to game a Nike club since my brothers set about 8 years ago. Painful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think i like that better than last years volt.

I dont think is smart by them to go with such polarising designs though
I know their plan was to make the Vapor line jump out on the shelves. I think this will grab even more attention. Which is a starting point.

You also have to be very confident in the performance if you're going to make a club that colorful

I don't mind the Volt color and actually like it but man the blue and volt together I really don't like. I love blue but the color of blue they picked really has me overlooking them.

I know their plan was to make the Vapor line jump out on the shelves. I think this will grab even more attention. Which is a starting point.

You also have to be very confident in the performance if you're going to make a club that colorful
Or be grasping a bit, IMO. I hope that isn't the case though as the Vapor line was solid.

Back