Nike Vapor Fly Driver & Vapor Fly Pro Preview

Uhhhhh what? Not sure that's relevant or even necessary....
He swings too hard Bro. Why drive it 380 when Speith drives it 280 and wins green jackets, bro? :alien:

PS, I hope you know I'm joking.

Too bad the driver Rors is hitting is different than what will be sold

Taking a few swings with this right now. Sounds very muted.

e4bf199565c0928acb9807939c2bc5e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope they didn't change the sound from the Vapor Pro. It's the best sounding driver I've heard in a long, long time.

I really hope they didn't change the sound from the Vapor Pro. It's the best sounding driver I've heard in a long, long time.

Never tried the vapor pro but the muted sound was very different from the drivers I've been trying lately. Not bad just different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=2]VAPOR FLY PRO DRIVER[/h]The Vapor Fly Pro Driver utilizes a familiar 460cc pear shape head to create a strong trajectory with low spin but, on the inside, the club has been finely tuned to help athletes such as Rory McIlroy perform at the highest level.
Available on nike.com January 22, 2016.
Available at select retailers January 29, 2016.

[h=2][/h]Flightweight Crown features a 30 percent reduction in crown weight versus last year’s model, resulting in a lower center of gravity and higher MOI for higher launch, less spin and more forgiveness.
New HyperFlight face is thinned out around the perimeter to produce extreme ball speed across the entire face for better performance on off-center hits.
Re-engineered Compression Channel enables springboard effect to amplify performance on mis-hits.

[h=2][/h]FlyBeam Reinforced Covert Cavity Backdramatically stiffens the chassis while redistributing weight to the heel and toe for maximum impact efficiency, tuned acoustics and forgiveness.
FlexLoft 2.0 technology gives the athlete the functionality of five lofts at three face angles for a total of 15 different settings and optimal flight, more distance as well as enhanced workability.

[h=2]VAPOR FLY DRIVER[/h]Distinguished by its bold blue crown with iconic Volt color in the Compression Channel, the Vapor Fly Driver has three key technologies that add up to fast ball speed, high trajectory and less spin: Flightweight Crown, HyperFlight Face and Compression Channel.
Available on nike.com January 22, 2016.
Available at select retailers January 29, 2016.

[h=2][/h]Flightweight Crown features a 30 percent reduction in crown weight versus last year’s model, resulting in a lower center of gravity and higher MOI for higher launch, less spin and more forgiveness.
New HyperFlight face is thinned out around the perimeter to produce extreme ball speed across the entire face for better performance on off-center hits.
Re-engineered Compression Channel enables a springboard effect to amplify performance on mis-hits.

[h=2][/h]FlyBeam Reinforced Covert Cavity Backdramatically stiffens the chassis while redistributing weight to the heel and toe for maximum impact efficiency, tuned acoustics and forgiveness.
FlexLoft 2.0 technology gives the golf athlete the functionality of five lofts at three face angles for a total of 15 different settings and optimal flight, more distance as well as enhanced workability.

I really love my Vapor Pro, and the Fly Pro definitely sounds like an evolution from it - but the 30% crown weight reduction really intrigues me. Excited to test it, since about the only thing I could possibly complain about with the Vapor Pro is that it launches a little low sometimes when you don't catch it great.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

90251b0833a577c866cb411e05234a76.jpg

c58391803b650fd7a9eeed8866a219fe.jpg

693c05dfbf27c2bc7627218e52d5739b.jpg

That's a different look. Interesting crown paint design, for sure.

I may be in the minority, but I really like the look of this driver.

I'm still very indifferent on the look, but I'd like to hit them.

These in for review or Club Clash JB?

I really love the way this looks. I am a sucker for blue, so this is right up my alley. Cannot wait to give this some swings.

I'm still not sold on the color. But I liked the Vapor Pro last year and can't wait to put it through it's paces at Club Clash.

That's what I'm talking about. This one is HIGH on my must hit list this year.

one thing I like, is that I still have a bunch of Nike tipped shafts around. With that, Nike is always on the radar.

one thing I like, is that I still have a bunch of Nike tipped shafts around. With that, Nike is always on the radar.
Samesies.

I like that blue. Looks like Nike is going with a different profile than in the past?

and they still have the best adapter in the business IMO.

I like their adapter.
I actually like the Wilson quick change even more I think.
Also like the dual cog because of what it does.

I like that blue. Looks like Nike is going with a different profile than in the past?

Hard to tell as I dont have the other in front of me.
But it appears at least similar.

It seems a constant change to find something people work, but it almost feels like they are throwing colors out there.
I remember TaylorMade had huge success rebranding with new colors every year (red to yellow to slime, etc etc) so maybe trying to follow that mold.

I think Nike did a great job here. The color definitely let's you know what club it is. The blue and Volt is a great combination.

I feel that the major reason this club isn't getting the love (in the looks department) is because of the Swoosh. If that's a snake or chevron, I see it being well liked. Jmo of course

Back