Nike VR Forged Pro Combo Irons Preview

Ahhh. I never had a chance to hit them, at least I don't remember hitting them. But if you can hit them well, then I should do alright with them. :D

They were a different bird though.. Blades P-9-8.. splits in 7-6-5... full cavity 4-3..

With these being only splits and full cavities, it'll open the door to a lot more golfers.

Yeah I can see that. I really don't think anyone really needs to hit full musclebacks anymore. I like they just do the splits and cavities now.

They were a different bird though.. Blades P-9-8.. splits in 7-6-5... full cavity 4-3..

With these being only splits and full cavities, it'll open the door to a lot more golfers.

Good call left out that detail

Yeah I can see that. I really don't think anyone really needs to hit full musclebacks anymore. I like they just do the splits and cavities now.

Well, lots of people play muscleback/bladed wedges.... Why does/should it stop at the P?

It's a comfort thing for me. I'm used to thin top lines and thin soles. If they start getting bigger, my focus gets a little lazy. There are some awesome players irons and GI irons out there, but I just don't feel a need to change (read spend the money) unless the accuracy jump is noticeable. Distance IMO just isn't as important as hitting your intended target.

It's a comfort thing for me. I'm used to thin top lines and thin soles. If they start getting bigger, my focus gets a little lazy. There are some awesome players irons and GI irons out there, but I just don't feel a need to change (read spend the money) unless the accuracy jump is noticeable. Distance IMO just isn't as important as hitting your intended target.

Close ur eyes

Close ur eyes

That doesn't help me in a swing. It's not a matter of I can't play anything but, I just haven't found that right iron set. If the altitudes could give me 14 greens a round, I'd fight you for a set without question haha

Well, lots of people play muscleback/bladed wedges.... Why does/should it stop at the P?

It doesn't have to. I guess I am speaking about the general amateur. Most don't have the ball striking ability to play those clubs to their full potential. I know I played my blades for a while this year and then switching back to the Xhots I didn't see a huge difference in accuracy or distance really but I think if you put those in a 15 handicapper and you will see a big difference.

And I wouldn't tell you that's wrong. I am actually in the same boat as you. But since I don't play much during the year anymore I like to play an iron with a little thicker top line and sole for those off-center hits that happen more often.

I also agree there is no need to switch unless you are seeing a huge difference in accuracy. Distance is not the most important thing, getting on the green in the right place takes way more precedence.

I also agree there is no need to switch unless you are seeing a huge difference in accuracy. Distance is not the most important thing, getting on the green in the right place takes way more precedence.

Agreed big time. The procombo player cavity set I would game in a heartbeat based on looks. I would just need to find the shaft that works best for me if it's not the stock

Agreed big time. The procombo player cavity set I would game in a heartbeat based on looks. I would just need to find the shaft that works best for me if it's not the stock

I think that makes a huge difference to. Once you find a shaft that works and you like it, anytime you get a new set of irons it makes the transition that much easier.

They had some sets at the demo days at Golf Town today. Boy were they nice looking :)

The stock shafts here should really fit a lot of people. It was a smart choice to go with the DG Pros

The stock shafts here should really fit a lot of people. It was a smart choice to go with the DG Pros

I remember hitting JMan's when he was testing them and they were lower than my KBS tours, and giving me a low-mid ball flight. I really need to be a mid to mid-high for my irons.

All about fitting though

I remember hitting JMan's when he was testing them and they were lower than my KBS tours, and giving me a low-mid ball flight. I really need to be a mid to mid-high for my irons.

All about fitting though

Did you hit though the set that day Wardy? Or just one iron? They are progressive, the shorter irons are intended to have a flatter apex where as they increase the apex in the long irons.

I love the shaft selection, to me having spent a ton of time with them it's a very savvy selection for a set like these.

Did you hit though the set that day Wardy? Or just one iron? They are progressive, the shorter irons are intended to have a flatter apex where as they increase the apex in the long irons.

I love the shaft selection, to me having spent a ton of time with them it's a very savvy selection for a set like these.

I think I hit 7 or 8 short irons and a couple mid irons. Coulda just been one of those days where I felt like hitting it lower. That or it was just Texas wind related?

Anyone hit these yet?
Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back