Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

I hate that there are so many amazing drivers this year! I think when I go home for my friends wedding I am going to have to do a shootout to see if any of them perform better than the Amp Cell I just got since it comes with a 30 day playability gurantee.

I'm with you. I think it's a really well done commercial. I think it's better then the TM spot where the guys have their faces painted.
The one thing I like about that TM commercial is that their faces are painted. Like going to war.

The one thing I like about that TM commercial is that their faces are painted. Like going to war.

prepare for battle my friend

I would recommend playing a round with one if you can , I was always skeptical of LM readings in big box stores. Now those are confirmed horrible readings. But part could be because of the old cheap balls they use?

well, if Im hitting those same crappy balls over and over with different clubs Im getting close to being able to do a fair comparison

Boom

ahene2yv.jpg

Couldn't resist a little red paint fill. The black Covert was bugging me.

photo-4_zpsb9fecec2.jpg
[/IMG]

Couldn't resist a littel red paint fill. The black Covert was bugging me.

photo-4_zpsb9fecec2.jpg
[/IMG]

No red in the black swoosh opposite side of the cavity?

No red in the black swoosh opposite side of the cavity?

I debating on that at the moment. Not sure of that would overdo it or not, but I'd rather have a better match in the red before I did the swoosh.

I will be joining you soon Blu! Got a quote back for a Performance with an upgraded shaft and passed out. Think I will stick with one of the stock options

I will be joining you soon Blu! Got a quote back for a Performance with an upgraded shaft and passed out. Think I will stick with one of the stock options

No lies. The upgrades aren't cheap.

I've really got to stop reading this thread though, it's depressing me that I have to wait 1-3 weeks for mine to come in from order :( However, it does mean I might be able to go that day and hit some balls if the range opens soon. Normally open late Feb.

I opted for the performance version over the tour version as well, should be here Thursday!!

My goodness I want a covert so bad!!!

Yes and finally able to hit this thing outside today. The simulator does not do this driver justice. Granted it was 27 with snow on the ground, but WOW, what purdy ball flight.

Two families. Awesome driver family. And high loft family.

Physically hurt when I read it. Just about doubled the price

I was looking at the UST VTS Black. I laughed when I was told that it was $210 up charge.

I was the first person to hit the new Covert drivers at my club fitter when I was ordering my new irons this weekend. I was really excited to hit the tour version after hearing about the low spin the guys on tour had been experiencing because I was fitted into a low spin driver.

Specs - Covert and Covert Tour Fujikura Motore F1 X +.75" Swing Weight D3 Open

Tour version I couldn't keep on the fairway, just inconsistent (to be fair my swing is not in mid season form). Feel was good sound was loud, like the crack of a whip.

The non tour version I was crushing, good spin numbers in between 2600-3000 and much more accurate than the tour verison for me. Feel was equally good and the sound was a little more muted than the tour.

Both clubs seemed really nice, never really noticed the red crwon or the nike logo. Found that the tour verison wasn't for me right away and I was really liking the Covert until I hit the X Hot.

Back