Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

I was asked to hit this at Golf Galaxy today that if I did they would donate $1 to charity. I don't recall which charity tho. It felt ok. The amp cell sounded better to me and had about 20 yards more carry. But that could be shaft difference. I seem to have a bit of a draw with it compared to the Cell.

Amphibians can tapatalk!

I was asked to hit this at Golf Galaxy today that if I did they would donate $1 to charity. I don't recall which charity tho. It felt ok. The amp cell sounded better to me and had about 20 yards more carry. But that could be shaft difference. I seem to have a bit of a draw with it compared to the Cell.

Amphibians can tapatalk!

I have found that loft for loft, this is a very short driver. This definitely needs to be set to a higher loft.

Which is amazing that the best player in the world has a swing speed around 120 and carries 300 on a perfect strike. Yet there are so many people that create 35 mph less ball speed but still get it out 300 yards.

Now thats what I have been thinking, second that, right on and BOOYAH

Which is amazing that the best player in the world has a swing speed around 120 and carries 300 on a perfect strike. Yet there are so many people that create 35 mph less ball speed but still get it out 300 yards.

I was waiting for this post!

haha, we knew it was coming. In some people's defenses, I think their points of reference are leading them astray (i.e. 400 yard hole on the scorecard, drive ends up at 100 yard marker). Most scorecards are inflated, from my experience.

I think he is using a custom Diamana or something like that

Diamana B proto, I believe.

I was thinking the same thing. I swing 110+- with a decent smash factor and numbers and 300 yards is just a rumor as far as my ball is concerned.

talking about smash factor, what is considered a good smash factor (for a driver) for amateurs?
Whenever I am at golftown I try and I get average of 1.37

talking about smash factor, what is considered a good smash factor (for a driver) for amateurs?
Whenever I am at golftown I try and I get average of 1.37

1.50 should be the goal.

1.50 should be the goal.
I know that.. but I am wondering what would be amateur average? sort of like what is the driving distance average for PGA player, amateur, average Joes (even though all wants to drive as long as possible) ?

I know that.. but I am wondering what would be amateur average? sort of like what is the driving distance average for PGA player, amateur, average Joes (even though all wants to drive as long as possible) ?

My goal is too get as close to 1.5 as possible. Also. Average driver carry on the pga tour is right around 260.

I finally got a look at these this weekend. In person, the hole in the back is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Maybe that's why they have this at a lower price point, because half the club head is missing. I guess it would make a good cupholder while you're standing around waiting on slow play though.

I finally got a look at these this weekend. In person, the hole in the back is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Maybe that's why they have this at a lower price point, because half the club head is missing. I guess it would make a good cupholder while you're standing around waiting on slow play though.

True story. I can pick a ball up with the Tour head.

I'm going to hit this thing on a monitor today. Pretty excited.

I'm going to hit this thing on a monitor today. Pretty excited.

And you should be. I am interested if your swing sees any benefits from the design. It's one thing for it to help us bad golfers, I am interested what it does for a good golfer.

Last edited:
Andy you should be. I am interested if your swing sees any benefits from the design. It's one thing for it to help us bad golfers, I am interested what it does for a good golfer.

Well seeing that pic of Rory looks like it should work well!

True story. I can pick a ball up with the Tour head.

I wish you hadn't of said this. I'm going to be trying that out as soon as my baby comes in from order now lol

Well seeing that pic of Rory looks like it should work well!

I don't know Rory. As far as I know, he's make believe. I have met you, so I can trust your thoughts a little better.

Went to Dicks tested this on the launch monitor with the X Hot , wasn't close on the LM , the X hot was longer and better spin numbers . Went out to my course and they had a brand new demo Covert performance driver. So of course I play 18 with it. WOW , was longer than my current Classic by a consistent 10 yards with a much tighter miss dispersion. I was worried about ballooning but didn't happen. Now my only question is do I hit the Tour Covert before I purchase.

Swing numbers
107 SS
Quick transistion.

Went to Dicks tested this on the launch monitor with the X Hot , wasn't close on the LM , the X hot was longer and better spin numbers . Went out to my course and they had a brand new demo Covert performance driver. So of course I play 18 with it. WOW , was longer than my current Classic by a consistent 10 yards with a much tighter miss dispersion. I was worried about ballooning but didn't happen. Now my only question is do I hit the Tour Covert before I purchase.

Swing numbers
107 SS
Quick transistion.
Sounds like a winner!
Ive hit this driver twice now, just not impressed, isnt for me, certainly better options out there for my swing.

Sounds like a winner!
Ive hit this driver twice now, just not impressed, isnt for me, certainly better options out there for my swing.
I feel the same way. Looks better than I hit it lol but like I said could be shaft or since its mid February.

I would recommend playing a round with one if you can , I was always skeptical of LM readings in big box stores. Now those are confirmed horrible readings. But part could be because of the old cheap balls they use?

After very inconsistent numbers at the sim today, i ventured out a bit further and went to a heated stall outdoor range. Pretty much left the setting in 10.5 neutral and was hitting the back net consistently at 240 yards on the fly. It was a bit windy too (left to right) and the ball flight was straight at my target. I was happy with what I was seeing with ball flight and carry. I must also say that when you hit the sweet spot with this driver, I don't think I have ever hit a better feeling driver. Like Butta.

The commercial on this is pretty funny. I enjoy it every time I see it. They did a great job of painting a good picture of how long it is. Makes me want to hit it. And a lot of golf commercials dont do it for me

The commercial on this is pretty funny. I enjoy it every time I see it. They did a great job of painting a good picture of how long it is. Makes me want to hit it. And a lot of golf commercials dont do it for me

I'm with you. I think it's a really well done commercial. I think it's better then the TM spot where the guys have their faces painted.

Back