Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

Anybody get a change to crack at the Covert Hybrid?

The tour yes. Felt like the driver but had the traditional hybrid sound. The tour was a push fade machine for me. Since I play my hybrids as fairway wood replacements and not iron replacements, I found that a 5wood was easier to hit.

The tour yes. Felt like the driver but had the traditional hybrid sound. The tour was a push fade machine for me. Since I play my hybrids as fairway wood replacements and not iron replacements, I found that a 5wood was easier to hit.

Interesting. I think I saw somewhere the tour head is open. I would definitely be going for the non tour version.

Interesting. I think I saw somewhere the tour head is open. I would definitely be going for the non tour version.

It probably was open. Which makes sense.

Thanks dude.

YW. I was playing around with the covert before I bought it. I got best results with the Stiff shaft at 12 open, but once I put the X silver in, I got better with 10.5 open. Will play with it a lot once I get it. For purely testing purposes, not for fun ;)

Anyone tried the tour driver with the KK black shaft in comparison to the silver? Nikes custom book has the black as mid launch and the silver as low launch, be interested to hear any real world comparisons.

Buddy just picked one up today, will take a few pokes with it at the indoor simulator tomorrow. Interested to compare this to my 913, and just hit it in general.

Anyone tried the tour driver with the KK black shaft in comparison to the silver? Nikes custom book has the black as mid launch and the silver as low launch, be interested to hear any real world comparisons.

I have put the black in the standard tour head, and the silver in the performance model. I over powered the Kuro Kage black. Combine that with the tour head, things went poorly. With the Kuro Kage Silver in the performance head, was not a bad mix, but the performance head launched too high at 12.5 and too low and 11.5. So I went with the stock tour head with the Kuro Kage silver. I have my driver set at 12.5* Right. I love it.

i got out on the course yesterday with my new covert, i was playing with my pro and he was saying its the best he has seen my driving the ball and said it looks as if i found a driver to stick with. I am not the longest hiters and i was going 10-15 yards further than my normal drives with the covert and my poor hits were still playable, they went a bit right, but were still in the first cut.

I have put the black in the standard tour head, and the silver in the performance model. I over powered the Kuro Kage black. Combine that with the tour head, things went poorly. With the Kuro Kage Silver in the performance head, was not a bad mix, but the performance head launched too high at 12.5 and too low and 11.5. So I went with the stock tour head with the Kuro Kage silver. I have my driver set at 12.5* Right. I love it.

Could that be because of the 50g weight of the KK?. I know there's a 60g option for the KK Black also, but wondering if that would of made a difference if you were overpowering the 50g.

Could that be because of the 50g weight of the KK?. I know there's a 60g option for the KK Black also, but wondering if that would of made a difference if you were overpowering the 50g.

It had everything to do with the 50g weight of the shaft. I didn't hi the KK Black in the 60g. I really like how little spin but high enough launch and carry I get the KK Silver.

Here's a good head to head video review on the Performance and the Tour both with the stock shafts. Enjoy http://youtu.be/pHtyM9oH3uA

Thanks for the link! I was hoping someone would provide some hard data. From what I've read here, I'm surprised the Tour spun more for him.

i got out on the course yesterday with my new covert, i was playing with my pro and he was saying its the best he has seen my driving the ball and said it looks as if i found a driver to stick with. I am not the longest hiters and i was going 10-15 yards further than my normal drives with the covert and my poor hits were still playable, they went a bit right, but were still in the first cut.

Sounds like a good fit Chas! Did you stick with the stock shaft?

Well I just ordered the tour with the 60 Silver

To Say I'm a little excited is an understatement!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a good fit Chas! Did you stick with the stock shaft?
yes, i tried the 60g shaft and did ok, but the 50g shaft gave me a better result. I dont have a high swing speed so the lighter the better for me.

I went and ordered a Covert yesterday. I ordered the performance head with the Kuro Kage Silver 70g Stiff shaft in 45". I will post results when I get it.

For those ordering the KK Silver, is there really no upcharge for it?

No up charge for mine. I called Nike Golf to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Oh @NikeGolf..

"A dozen red drivers beats a dozen red roses. Priorities"

BDE96ULCAAAyYYi.jpg:large

Oh @NikeGolf..

"A dozen red drivers beats a dozen red roses. Priorities"

BDE96ULCAAAyYYi.jpg:large
Thats pretty clever. I want to hit this driver, but I know its not as long as thr R1, so why kid myself?

They are DEFINITELY creative over there, no doubt about it.

I only hit the tour the other day. Really need to get back there and hit the standard Covert.

Back