No tailgating at Super Bowl

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I think a Superbowl in NY is one the single worst ideas in the history of the NFL. That being said, WTF?? No tailgating for a football game? That sir is not football.

UnAmerican! Next they will take away beer!

(read: You can't come to the SuperBowl unless we get our cut.)

how much tailgating actually goes on at the super bowl anyway? It's not like a normal game. Majority of the fans that attend regular NFL games do not attend the Super Bowl. It's much more corporate

how much tailgating actually goes on at the super bowl anyway? It's not like a normal game. Majority of the fans that attend regular NFL games do not attend the Super Bowl. It's much more corporate

Grew up in Tampa. The tailgating is huge for Superbowls. For people going and not going to the game.

This is really stupid. Honestly, tailgating is my favorite part of going to a sporting event.

Can we just agree now that a NY super bowl is stupid?

Well, according the the Farmer's Almanac the weather is going to be miserable anyway (like there it would be any other way in NY around the 1st of Feb), but limiting tailgating is down right Un-American.

Better hope for snow and nasty weather. I bet if it ends up decent they'll say it went well, and it will give them an excuse to do it again.

Yes, yes we can.

It shouldn't matter that they got a new stadium, at some point having that game in the most expensive city (at least one of) in the country is a turribe idea.

Just want to point out that the game isnt even in NY. It's in NJ. The traffic is going to be absolute chaos.

Who wants to tailgate when it's -5 degrees and there's 287 feet of snow on the ground?! (I do).

I thought I read somewhere, or maybe I'm making it up, that a lot of stadiums that host the Super Bowl don't allow tailgating? I've never been to a Super Bowl, but I can imagine it being as much of a show as a football game. And part of that experience is seeing all of that production, not just hanging out in the parking lot with beers.

That being said. MetLife Stadium has designated tailgating areas run by the stadium (no booze though--I believe). I can't imagine those areas wouldn't still be open.

That was my first thought too Dean, I don't think the corporate attendees of the super bowl are going to care too much. Plus with as much as it costs to attend the game, I doubt those same people will mind paying for everything in the stadium.

I tailgated in the parking lot when the Super Bowl was in Jacksonville a few years ago. Didn't go to actual game, had TV's and watched outside.

Yes weather will most likely be cold, but did you see the games this past Sunday. You know those fans were tailgating. Keeps you warm!

It wasn't allowed in Miami a few years ago. Stupid rule.

That was my first thought too Dean, I don't think the corporate attendees of the super bowl are going to care too much. Plus with as much as it costs to attend the game, I doubt those same people will mind paying for everything in the stadium.

All the corporate attendees are going to be forced to take public transportation. No cabs, no limos, can't walk from a hotel. Unless they drive themselves in thier own car and get one of the parking spots. I imagine some of them won't like having to ride the trains and busses with us dirty regular type folk.

On a side note...I've never tailgated, nor been to a NFL game. I need to do it. Soon. Sounds awesome.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I just hope it's a blizzard bowl!

That's where the issue lies IMO.

People who are tailgating don't actually have tickets. It's a logistical nightmare.

TTing

Reading this makes me glad I'll be at home tailgating in the warmth of my newly finished basement with the taps flowing. Super Bowl party fellas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard the Super Bowl Committee said something like, "you can eat and drink in your car, or in the boundaries of a single parking space". Yes, I can see thousands of fans from NY and NJ adhering to that rule!

Well, the NFL stands for the "No Fun League," so I guess this is consistent. I've heard it's primarily a security issue, so it's hard to judge from where I sit as to whether it really makes sense. As others have pointed out already, though, the Super Bowl is not really for the typical fan. The typical fan can't afford it and watches it at home or at a Super Bowl party anyway. It is probably a shame for those average fans who save up for a once in a lifetime experience and want to tailgate and have fun with other average fans.

Doesn't matter to me either way, I just hope it's a blizzard bowl!

Me too! Figure if they are going to have a SuperBowl outdoors in a cold weather city, it might as well be cold and snowy.

I might be one of few who think it's a good thing, for the game anyway. It may mess up all the pre-game festivities, but there is nothing wrong with a football game being played in the elements, Super Bowl or not. I'm not going to be there, so I don't care how bad the weather is.

I don't see it happening again, at least not for a long time though, if the weather is as bad as early predictions show.

Back