No upcharge shafts

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
When looking at new irons. Do you look at what shafts are offered as no upcharge options?

Does what is offered make a difference in your purchase?

Yes. If there is a graphite option offering, that I like, at no upcharge, it is definitely something that will sway me.

In graphite, yes. Steel, I don’t think so.

When looking at new irons. Do you look at what shafts are offered as no upcharge options?

Now, yes. I have found out I’m not an off the rack guy. Cobra offering the LINQ shafts at no up charge is why I put their 7 wood in my bag.

Yes. I look for specific shafts.

Absolutely. I want Recoil in my irons.

Srixon offers Recoil 95 no upcharge. Worked for me!

I try to avoid upcharge shafts. There's usually something that will work for me without much upcharge.

Absolutely. If something's an upcharge with one company and not another it can even change which one I go with. It can be hundreds of dollars. That makes the math and true cost of them change.

Absolutely. If something's an upcharge with one company and not another it can even change which one I go with. It can be hundreds of dollars. That makes the math and true cost of them change.
That’s why I always check Mizuno irons out first. Most shafts they offer are no upcharge.

At this point, no, I’m probably swapping them anyway, and the full workshop with years of hoarded iron shaft sets makes it easy.

I peek, but if they’re charging me extra for a set of DG shafts, we kinda have an issue

Initially yes, because it gives me a quick idea of hosel size 😂

That’s why I always check Mizuno irons out first. Most shafts they offer are no upcharge.
And grips. I think people forget that a lot of grips that are upcharge for others aren't for Mizunos. All that stuff adds up.

@LLIB , as a Mizuno iron and hybrid , user , super high quality product with , no range limitation on shafts and grips .
Has to be the optimum , selection range
without question .

Walked out with smile on face , and best fit for me … without thinking about
“ what about that one …. And having doubts over a cost “

I am very much the same.. it affects purchases greatly.

Yes. If there is a graphite option offering, that I like, at no upcharge, it is definitely something that will sway me.
100% this is where I’m at too. Especially if it’s an offering that I’ve used and like.

I browse for sure...I like when manufacturers offer the shafts play...but if they didnt, I dont think it wouldnt ultimately make much of a difference.. should be able to put them in

I have never found a shaft that fit better than one of the stock shafts offered with quality irons. But I do really like Recoils, lively but accurate. Them being offered as stock would probably get me looking at a club I may not have considered before. If you are offering a forged CB with Recoils, I am taking a good close look.

Yes. I would likely not buy a club new if they did not have the shafts that fit me best as an option.

Now, yes. I have found out I’m not an off the rack guy. Cobra offering the LINQ shafts at no up charge is why I put their 7 wood in my bag.
Sir this is a Wendy’s, a 7 wood is not an iron

Yes, if Recoils are an up charge, I'm looking elsewhere.

And grips. I think people forget that a lot of grips that are upcharge for others aren't for Mizunos. All that stuff adds up.
That’s another reason I look at Mizuno first. They were one of the few to offer my preferred grip in undersized

For irons, I look for shafts with no upcharge.

For my driver, I'll always has a UST Mamiya shaft from now on

Yeah, this irks me a bit. $13 per Lamkin Hybrid ST+ seems a bit much 👎🏼

Back