Oakland Hills is on Fire

little nudge for all those new threads ;)

Merged a bunch of threads into this one : )

Thanks @JB thought it’d be in the other section. My bad.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Such a terrible thing. Thankfully, no one was injured or lives lost.

How does that happen in the dead of winter and that quickly? Have to think it was natural gas related? Some of that stuff is irreplaceable
As part of our real estate development, we sometimes purchase a tract of land that has an existing home on it that we have to demolish. A few years ago, the county fire department wanted to do a training exercise on one of these houses, which saved us a lot of money that otherwise would be incurred for the demo. I watched them start the house on fire and I was completely astonished at how fast it was engulfed in flames and how HOT the flames were. It gave me entirely newfound respect for our first responders. Anyway, a building like that can become engulfed in flames in almost the blink of an eye, even without some additional fuel, such as natural gas.

That's terrible. I know this is way early to ask the question but will they rebuild? It's sad the memorabilia is damaged or destroyed but there's a chance a lot of it can be reconstituted with replicas and such... and possibly even unknown stuff could come into the light from people that were there and took candid photos or held some family heirloom that no one knew about.

All that history… 😢

How sad. Hope everyone is OK.

wow, That is sad. Hopefully nobody was in building. They have been on a lot of lists about strong restoration of their course. In thoughts and prayers.

Now that everyone is safe I don't have to feel bad about thinking about all the history and cool **** that must be on their walls that is impossible to replace:(

Not sure if something has started a thread on this but there has been a very bad fire at Clubhouse at Oakland Hills today.

Hopefully alot of golf history was able to be saved and hopefully noone was hurt

So freaking sad!

This is so sad

1645140513293.png

😥

Reports are that everybody did get out. Clubhouses can be rebuilt. The history there is gone, but the people are all okay. Priorities.

Also, next time the roof is indeed on fire, you maybe do need some water, don’t let that mother effer burn 😢

So sad. Glad everybody is okay.

Iconic buildings like this need to be better protected against fire - no excuses. We need to start a Gofundme page.

Just saw this, some good news

Just saw this, some good news

Glad that everyone was out safe and glad that some were able to grab meaningful history without being unsafe.

Back