Odyssey Ai-ONE Goes Off Course

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show and this is episode 181. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today, THP Staff writer James Miles joins the show, to discuss the Odyssey media event surrounding the new Ai-ONE putter lineup.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and James take a deep dive on all things Odyssey and their new line of putters. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as James Miles goes Off Course.

Episode 181 is here and Dan and James discuss the following topics.

A Copy of a Copy
Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters
Taking a Chance on a New Design
Odyssey Event Discussion
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode. If you get a chance, drop us a review wherever you listen from and let others know what you think of the show and/or channel.

Continue reading...

Fun conversation and following it up, but going in reverse that Ai-ONE thread with the live posting from the event was awesome.

Oh here you are…time to fire this one up on my run!

This was fun to do before we got to hit the big release event, and I think a follow up will be needed now that we experienced it!

As for the putter maker whinery going on among the interwebs we discussed. I’m still fired up.

Weston.

Good dude overall. But this is a questionable post.

Especially considering his putter is an attempt to 100% replicate the shape and design of Tiger Woods’s putter.

Weston.

Especially considering his putter is an attempt to 100% replicate the shape and design of Tiger Woods’s putter.

Beyond a questionable post, it’s an ignorantly asinine post. I didn’t mention his name because that is a click bait post that didn’t merit any more comments.

I talked to some of the best minds in club design the past two days, and all thought that post was a joke. As did writers at all the major golf websites/forums.

Weston.

What makes him a good dude overall? Asking genuinely, because I have no idea who that is.
His takes throughout the comments are completely inaccurate across the board. Mass produced Toulon? Its ******* called Small Batch.

After going through the page after listening to this show, its just a complete homage to Cameron, which is hysterical based on what he is challenging of others

Beyond a questionable post, it’s an ignorantly asinine post. I didn’t mention his name because that is a click bait post that didn’t merit any more comments.

I talked to some of the best minds in club design the past two days, and all thought that post was a joke. As did writers at all the major golf websites/forums.
I agree. I saw it and thought, dude.. what are you getting at??

This was fun to do before we got to hit the big release event, and I think a follow up will be needed now that we experienced it!

As for the putter maker whinery going on among the interwebs we discussed. I’m still fired up.
I made it through that part of the discussion on my drive in, having followed the release event I'm curious to see your thoughts about the putter before you left now

What makes him a good dude overall? Asking genuinely, because I have no idea who that is.
His takes throughout the comments are completely inaccurate across the board. Mass produced Toulon? Its ******* called Small Batch.

After going through the page after listening to this show, its just a complete homage to Cameron, which is hysterical based on what he is challenging of others
He’s…quirky. Hahahaha

But here, he hopefully knew exactly what he was doing kicking the hornets nest, otherwise he’s a loon.

Having met him. He is a very nice person. I disagree with this take. He was also on the first season of Driver vs. Driver. That is not to defend or discredit him. Just an interesting factoid.

I will leave it there and move on to the AI one putter that should be the show pony of this conversation.

Having met him. He is a very nice person. I disagree with this take. He was also on the first season of Driver vs. Driver. That is not to defend or discredit him.

I will leave it there and move on to the AI one putter that should be the show pony of this conversation.

I’ve dealt with him too, but I will say the sentiment of some very…significant…people I talked to this weekend is very indifferent to flat out different.

Nice guy doesn’t excuse a ******* terrible take. Which is why I didn’t mention his name in the pod.

Having met him. He is a very nice person. I disagree with this take. He was also on the first season of Driver vs. Driver. That is not to defend or discredit him. Just an interesting factoid.

And I’ll add, this was half the show, it’s also a show pony of the conversation.

I could do a 2 hour show on putter design and the entire “copying” argument out there, and barely stop to breathe.

I’ve dealt with him too, but I will say the sentiment of some very…significant…people I talked to this weekend is very indifferent to flat out different.

Nice guy doesn’t excuse a ******* terrible take. Which is why I didn’t mention his name in the pod.

I am not trying to excuse it. More to say I thought it was weird.

Interesting thoughts. He has another thought about MOI in TM new putters, saying Odyssey has been doing it for a couple of years. That it plays more like a blade, all of this is ******* word salad. First off, Cleveland and Odyssey have been doing it for quite some time in many models. Sacks Parente has been doing it since the beginning, hell everybody has been doing it except TaylorMade to some capacity really (yet have on the tour van at times). It also doesnt play like a blade. Its already done in blades and mallets.

As I said, no idea who he is. He could be a really nice guy. Clearly obviously trying too hard in whatever this was and a few others.

Thats a real shame. WHen you have an audience, you owe it to that audience to be fact based.

Interesting thoughts. He has another thought about MOI in TM new putters, saying Odyssey has been doing it for a couple of years. That it plays more like a blade, all of this is ******* word salad. First off, Cleveland and Odyssey have been doing it for quite some time in many models. Sacks Parente has been doing it since the beginning, hell everybody has been doing it except TaylorMade to some capacity really (yet have on the tour van at times). It also doesnt play like a blade. Its already done in blades and mallets.

As I said, no idea who he is. He could be a really nice guy. Clearly obviously trying too hard in whatever this was and a few others.

Thats a real shame. WHen you have an audience, you owe it to that audience to be fact based.
agreed. I could show you another post that he got completely wrong and was called out by Scotty on how wrong he was. lol. But lets move on. I just thought sharing the post would provide context considering how much it was talked about on the show. No way am I trying to be a shield here.

Reactions: JB
Rolled the new AI putters last night. The milled feel and sound fantastic.

@Canadan and @Jman great pod to start my Friday too. Putters have been on my mind a lot lately with my struggles. The Ai-ONE is definitely on the radar now.

I could do a 2 hour show on putter design and the entire “copying” argument out there, and barely stop to breathe.
I would be there for that listen!

Teeing this one up to listen here in a bit, looking forward to it boys.

Listening to these two guys put me in a trance. If you are in to putters even a little bi, you are going to enjoy this. If you are into putters a lot…you will be blown away!

Interesting to see you both fit into putters different than what you discussed on the show.

So how did hockey go?

Will listen on my way to work this morning.

Listening to these two guys put me in a trance. If you are in to putters even a little bi, you are going to enjoy this. If you are into putters a lot…you will be blown away!

Interesting to see you both fit into putters different than what you discussed on the show.

So how did hockey go?
We actually decided instead to play the Par 3 course with Brian Knudson who writes for WRX instead. After that, we were tired and I had an early airport departure so we called it a night.

Interesting how different the fittings went compared to expectations.

Back