Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

Messed around with the #7 the other day, and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would! Felt very balanced and controlled. I would definitely game one of these!

Im stalking Ebay like TheChosenOne at a Buffet.

I am dead set on rolling some of these this weekend. I was going to wait because I know the pondering is going to kill me but waiting will probably make it worse.

I am dead set on rolling some of these this weekend. I was going to wait because I know the pondering is going to kill me but waiting will probably make it worse.

What style(s) are you going going to be gunning for?

What style(s) are you going going to be gunning for?

Ughh dude. I love the #1. Simple plumbers neck blades seem to be easiest for me to align. But I feel like the #7 provides a lot of control on shorter putts and it is very easy for me to get a putt rolling on my line with it. And then, we have the #9. The #9 just tugs at my heart strings. I have always loved that shape so much and I tend to roll them pretty well. I said in an earlier post that choosing a putter is going to be one of my hardest equipment decisions this year.

Ughh dude. I love the #1. Simple plumbers neck blades seem to be easiest for me to align. But I feel like the #7 provides a lot of control on shorter putts and it is very easy for me to get a putt rolling on my line with it. And then, we have the #9. The #9 just tugs at my heart strings. I have always loved that shape so much and I tend to roll them pretty well. I said in an earlier post that choosing a putter is going to be one of my hardest equipment decisions this year.

Yeah and by the time of the MC, you'll have Versafied options! I love all of the styles you mention. I think a trial and error testing might need to begin ASAP. In the end, you can't go wrong with any of the options you've put down.

Yeah and by the time of the MC, you'll have Versafied options! I love all of the styles you mention. I think a trial and error testing might need to begin ASAP. In the end, you can't go wrong with any of the options you've put down.

I'm just talking MXM right now as well. The rest of their putters are still phenomenal and I can't say with certainty that MXM will be in my bag come July. What were your top 2-3 putters and how did the MXM #9 come out on top for you?

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

I'm just talking MXM right now as well. The rest of their putters are still phenomenal and I can't say with certainty that MXM will be in my bag come July. What were your top 2-3 putters and how did the MXM #9 come out on top for you?

I love the head shape of the #9 but wasn't sold on how it set up. That was, until I used a versa at a THP meet and couldn't miss with it. I was more of a 330 or rossie style in the past, but they just seemed a bit big for me. #7 was tested and it was great for shorter putts, but longer putts I was wildly off. I've never been a milled guy because I love soft inserts, but MXM gives me that feel and sound very similar to what I was used to. #9 MXM flat out performed better than any other at ECPC for me in the good half hour or so I spent on the green. And it seems like a great decision as I was pretty dang good with it on the birdieball today.

I just got my TANKIFIED MXM #7 from Callaway Tour today! The invoice actually had the words "Pro Tour", Paul Kielwasser, and "AM VIP" on it!!! Holy crap! Never been a VIP before!!! Thanks so much to Chris Koske, Odyssey Golf, Callaway Golf, The Zoo Crew, and especially JB/GG and THP!
4atu3ane.jpg
5ade2upy.jpg
pu5usana.jpg
erajy3y7.jpg
3y2ujene.jpg
buda9ezu.jpg

Congratulations Pkielwa, that's one sweet looking MXM #7.

Sweet putter Paul!

Awesome stuff, Paul. I'm still amazed that Odyssey did that for you.

I'm so drooling right now

I just got my TANKIFIED MXM #7 from Callaway Tour today! The invoice actually had the words "Pro Tour", Paul Kielwasser, and "AM VIP" on it!!! Holy crap! Never been a VIP before!!! Thanks so much to Chris Koske, Odyssey Golf, Callaway Golf, The Zoo Crew, and especially JB/GG and THP!
4atu3ane.jpg
5ade2upy.jpg
pu5usana.jpg
erajy3y7.jpg
3y2ujene.jpg
buda9ezu.jpg

Chris Koske mentioned that I could share how it was made: the MXM has a 330g head with a removable sole plate. Tour added 70g of weight under the plate to bring it up to the 400g that Tanks have. Then they just add the tank shaft and grip. Interestingly, I wanted a single-bend shaft to help with my sight line and natural aim to the right of the cup (learned this during my Grandaddy putter fitting), but a single bend is lighter than the Tank shafts, so I went with its double-bend instead. As Seth said, it was SO incredibly cool of Chris and Odyssey to do this! Unreal!

Nice putter, it's cool that you got an explanation of how they did it.

Chris Koske mentioned that I could share how it was made: the MXM has a 330g head with a removable sole plate. Tour added 70g of weight under the plate to bring it up to the 400g that Tanks have. Then they just add the tank shaft and grip. Interestingly, I wanted a single-bend shaft to help with my sight line and natural aim to the right of the cup (learned this during my Grandaddy putter fitting), but a single bend is lighter than the Tank shafts, so I went with its double-bend instead. As Seth said, it was SO incredibly cool of Chris and Odyssey to do this! Unreal!
just cause I know someone is going to try this at home. The screws under the sole are not really holding the plate. They are there for aesthetics only.

If you want to try this use a heat gun to soften the glue bond holding the plate.

Will be installing this shaft and grip on my Metal X Milled tomorrow!

a7eryqeq.jpg

Really glad you got an explanation as I immediately wanted to know what odyssey had done! Looks great and I'm interested to hear how it works out for you. Quick question: at your fitting did the Callaway rep recommend a counter balanced putter or where you fit for the standard MXM and ask if it was possible? Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

A 400g #7 sounds amazing!

Will be installing this shaft and grip on my Metal X Milled tomorrow!

a7eryqeq.jpg

I just ordered mine after seeing this picture. Thanks

4atu3ane.jpg
5ade2upy.jpg
pu5usana.jpg
erajy3y7.jpg
3y2ujene.jpg
buda9ezu.jpg

Where can one buy a tankafied version?

Not possible. It's really one of a kind/tour only. Just another reason to why the #grandaddy was a trip of a lifetime

For sure #Grandaddy was amazing. I am really wanting to be a part of 2014 #Grandaddy

Back