Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

Boom!

unuqydy4.jpg

Nice towel jlukes.

Had a chance to roll the #1 today at Golf Town for a bit.

I was really excited to try these out. They look amazing, and I always liked the old Black Series Milled putters. These are not like the old milled faced Odyssey's. I could not get a consistent roll distance wise out of these. I'm not sure why, but just didn't get into any sort of groove with it over the 10-15 min I spent with it.

I'm sure with a bit more time with it and on an actual green I could get use to it, but for me, the initial impression was not good.

I played the #7 today and rolled it really well. War Eagle and I played on crazy fast greens, but the putter put a good roll on it for me and its a shape that is very fitting for my eye.

I played the #7 today and rolled it really well. War Eagle and I played on crazy fast greens, but the putter put a good roll on it for me and its a shape that is very fitting for my eye.

That's the model I like the most. Would love to give one a shot but haven't even seen them yet in stores

Did you mess with the weight kit at all JB?

Did you mess with the weight kit at all JB?

I did not. I will soon however, but it put a great roll on the ball for me.

I just picked up the #7 MXM & just rolling it on my putting mat upstairs I like the role. I also like the way it sets up at address as well. Having played a #1W mostly this is my first real venture into a bigger type putter. I have the 20g weights in and gives me the ability to feel the putter throughout the stroke.

Playing my first round with it tomorrow so I can have more to offer in terms of on course conditions.

I did not. I will soon however, but it put a great roll on the ball for me.

Very nice. I don't know that I would ever mess with the kit, but it really is a cool thing to have the ability to mess with if one wanted. Rolling the 7 at the PGA Show was sweet, that shape has grown on me. I'm sure it will end up a weapon for you on the greens.

I am in love with these putters, but that's a hefty price tag, and I doubt it's THAT much better than my Versa.

I am in love with these putters, but that's a hefty price tag, and I doubt it's THAT much better than my Versa.

Completely different feel. Versa is softer/quieter. Doesn't mean one is better than the other. I have both but I prefer the mxm because I feel like I can control the speed better. But it's 100 percent personal preference

Rolled a few putts with the MXM #6. Somewhere along the line, I think I have become an insert guy. The MXM felt fine, but I think I still like the WHP better. My wallet did sigh in relief.

Got a round in with the #7. Such great roll. Had very good feel and pleasing sound off the face. Had a couple 40ft+ lags that I rolles to within a foot. Awesome roll. 2 20g weights in, superstroke mid slim 2.0 feels awesome

Got a round in with the #7. Such great roll. Had very good feel and pleasing sound off the face. Had a couple 40ft+ lags that I rolles to within a foot. Awesome roll. 2 20g weights in, superstroke mid slim 2.0 feels awesome

Sounds great, can't wait to roll mine on some grass.

Completely different feel. Versa is softer/quieter. Doesn't mean one is better than the other. I have both but I prefer the mxm because I feel like I can control the speed better. But it's 100 percent personal preference

Yeah, I have yet to try the Versa on fast greens. On slow greens it is perfect for my stroke.

Yeah, I have yet to try the Versa on fast greens. On slow greens it is perfect for my stroke.

I tend to think that's more mind over matter than anything technical, but that's me.

To me, the difference is aesthetics, feel, and for lack of better words - exclusivity.

I've been an insert guy for a long time. But, I'm anxious to try rolling a MXM Versa.

I've been an insert guy for a long time. But, I'm anxious to try rolling a MXM Versa.

Do you know when the MXM Versa will be released?

April is the month

Thanks Jman,
This MXM line up is getting intetesting. Is their any other models of the MXM coming, that you know of?

Back