Odyssey O-Works Putters Review Thread

Versa + Big T = OWorks... love it.

The thoughts on the weight are pleasing. I like a heavier putter and it sounds like these fit that category. Also stock SS Pistol GT Tour is awesome. My favorite putter grip and I have it on all my putters.

Looking at the line up and seeing the R-Line model leads me to believe this will be the one Rory will put in play given that's the head shape he had with his Scotty.

For the Grandaddy guys, did you see any of the other versions?

Versa + Big T = OWorks... love it.

The thoughts on the weight are pleasing. I like a heavier putter and it sounds like these fit that category. Also stock SS Pistol GT Tour is awesome. My favorite putter grip and I have it on all my putters.

Looking at the line up and seeing the R-Line model leads me to believe this will be the one Rory will put in play given that's the head shape he had with his Scotty.

For the Grandaddy guys, did you see any of the other versions?

I did not, but I wasn't looking that hard after I rolled this one and a Toulon hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know about counter balanced grips, I have them in my putters. I'm asking if the entire line is counter balanced.

Yes they all come with a superstroke counter core grip of some type

These look packed with technology, I could definitely see myself in the V-line Fang CH. Can you guys comment on the sound of the new insert? Is it soft like the white hot or a little more click like the metal-x?

Way less clicky. Not really comparable. Kind of in between

Cant wait to see what the Grandaddy guys have to say.

These helped us win THE BELT

The comments provided by others with more time using the putter than my few test strokes seems to mirror my thoughts on the feel.

After reading the marketing/tech literature it seems like the intent of the micro hinge face is to accommodate the fact that most people don't get fit for putters or have inconsistent strokes. Seems like the face is designed to account for a player hitting the face with differing lofts over the course of playing and converting that to a consistent roll and distance. Good thing for the majority of players.

I am not a fan of the Versa alignment but to each their own. I am planning on doing some more head to head comparisons this week when I go do some more putter testing.

I know about counter balanced grips, I have them in my putters. I'm asking if the entire line is counter balanced.

I got a #1 and it has the option for counterbalance, but doesn't have the weight in the grip just the cap. Coming from the tank cruiser it is lighter overall, but feels good, not too light like a lot of other putters feel to me. I would have liked to try the 1W as I really like that shape but I do like the 1.

Am I reading it correctly that these are all counter balanced? How heavy are the weights and are they offering the usual weight kit?

I was wondering the same thing. ^^^^^^

Subscribed can't wait to read the thoughts on this one

Based on the odyssey website, they have both regular and tank version heads. So it appears they will have normal head weights on the non tank versions.

The thing I was really impressed with was how these held their lines. All week when I (read my caddie) made a good read, I was rewarded.

The face looks like a Ping-Pong paddle. Is it the same idea? To keep the ball on the face longer?

Yep, looking more and more like a new putter is going to be in my bag this year too, along with a new driver and 3 wood.

The face looks like a Ping-Pong paddle. Is it the same idea? To keep the ball on the face longer?

I believe the intentions of the insert are to get the ball rolling end over end faster than ever before. During a conversation, it was mentioned that they were able to produce end over end roll even with zero loft on the head, which is a pretty fantastic achievement in my books.

I think so- to create a friction like reaction to get the ball rolling. Kind of like an evolution of the X- milling - kind of the opposite idea in a way - instead of gaps providing friction in the milling, structure creates the friction

Really like the looks of the fang ch. Can't wait for these to hit stores to try them out.

I like the idea of and look of the face. Brings back some memories my old nubbins putter. I certainly trust what Odyssey does with inserts, so I will give them a roll. The whole versa look is still a big swing and miss to me. I find it looks less than premium and cheapens the look.

I like the idea of and look of the face. Brings back some memories my old nubbins putter. I certainly trust what Odyssey does with inserts, so I will give them a roll. The whole versa look is still a big swing and miss to me. I find it looks less than premium and cheapens the look.

I don't think the sound is too far off that reference, either.

Non issue with the 2ball....

I don't think the sound is too far off that reference, either.

I'm down with that. I think I sitll have that putter in my little golf shop. Does this feel spongy like those did?

I'm down with that. I think I sitll have that putter in my little golf shop. Does this feel spongy like those did?

Not spongy in the hands. Still quick off the face, and I think the small metal elements really stabilize that experience.

OK, I am going to be "that guy" here, but its how I feel.

Thank goodness for Toulon now being "Odyssey" because aesthetically these are a miss for me, I absolutely know that the Versa scheme is popular, but to me it detracts from an otherwise good looking putter design as it sort of cheapens the overall look. I absolutely LOVE the tech in the Micro-Hinge design and it makes an insane amount of sense, I love the headshape variety the O-Works line is bringing, but the Versa schemes just traditionally lack the high quality when held in hand for me. I simply wish they would have also brought to market a couple of the popular head options in a non-Versa scheme because frankly had they these would be one of the most complete and well rounded releases I had ever seen from Odyssey.

I know people will love them, I know that they will roll the rock crazy well, I know that they will be successful, I just can't help but feel a bit of a "miss" on the line for me personally.

Thank goodness for Toulon now being "Odyssey" because aesthetically these are a miss for me, I absolutely know that the Versa scheme is popular, but to me it detracts from an otherwise good looking putter design as it sort of cheapens the overall look. I absolutely LOVE the tech in the Micro-Hinge design and it makes an insane amount of sense, I love the headshape variety the O-Works line is bringing, but the Versa schemes just traditionally lack the high quality when held in hand for me. I simply wish they would have also brought to market a couple of the popular head options in a non-Versa scheme because frankly had they these would be one of the most complete and well rounded releases I had ever seen from Odyssey.

I know people will love them, I know that they will roll the rock crazy well, I know that they will be successful, I just can't help but feel a bit of a "miss" on the line for me personally.

I honestly see Odyssey moving into an interesting area - this is strictly opinion - nothing was said to me that this is a plan- the Toulon Design putters will continue to be ultra high end - boutique - and the odyssey line will be more yeoman - and work horse game improvement putters.

This is what I was getting at earlier. "Less than premium" is a good way of describing it.

So I was just going to inquire, do we think these are the Toulon flatsticks or will we see a high end Collection type putter roll out later in the year from Odyssey?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back